Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Price of garden landscaping advice please 18:56 - Jan 21 with 6664 viewsITFCson

I am getting a quote for some garden work on Saturday, problem is I have no idea what is a reasonable price for such work.

Garden is about 6m x 13m. Maybe 20% is slabbed which all need replacing. The garden/grass is very uneven so needs levelling. Apart from that I am not looking for anything else to elaborate.

I appreciate this is not much to go on but what kind of price range do you think I should be looking at?

Thanks
Price of garden landscaping advice please on 18:26 - Sep 30 with 1522 viewsSigint

try to contact a gardener
Price of garden landscaping advice please on 18:43 - Sep 30 with 1498 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Price of garden landscaping advice please on 18:26 - Sep 30 by Sigint

try to contact a gardener

DAN !!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Price of garden landscaping advice please on 19:22 - Sep 30 with 1460 viewsbazza

Price of garden landscaping advice please on 16:15 - Sep 13 by HARRY10

Having done similar for years it is hard to give a price - most is never more than guesswork, and what can be 'got away with'

However the best advice you can be given is decide what you want, maybe in tandem with their advice/suggestions THEN GET IT AGREED AND IN WRITING

That way there is no 'mistake' once finished.

For a job this size be very wary of anyone who wants money up front for materials

Be prepared to haggle........ as you are now offering cash

Membership of trade bodies and especially Checkatrader are worthless, and all too often indicate a need to bolster a 'dodgy trader'

Be prepared to wait - and decent tradesman will always be busy, if not then ask yourself why

If he looks and sounds like 'jack the lad'..... guess what ?

And run a mile if anyone has the word 'Solutions' on their van

Sounds like your speaking from past experiences…
Price of garden landscaping advice please on 20:00 - Sep 30 with 1428 viewsDanTheMan

Price of garden landscaping advice please on 18:43 - Sep 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

DAN !!

I just don't get it.

Their first post was about Messi (another dragged up post) and then follows it up to offer this genius insight...

I really want to know what the end game is, it's infuriating!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Price of garden landscaping advice please on 06:05 - Oct 1 with 1357 viewsRyorry

Wonder if OP ever got this done?

If not,, at thme price suggested (😱)I'd turn it into a wildflower meadow tbh. About £7-10K cheaper, no weedkilling, almost no mowing, no slipping on wet flags, will look & smell a helluva lot nicer & be more environmentally friendly

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Price of garden landscaping advice please on 18:57 - Oct 1 with 1273 viewsSigint

So, how much did you have to pay for that? My garden has similar dimensions, and I got a really insane quote. Honestly, I was shocked, as I thought it would cost like 1/2 of what I had to pay! Moreover, after that, I decided to install a new rope swing for the kids. Well, the workers wanted more than 100 bucks for that! Honestly, I think that is an insane price for such an easy job! So, I have done it by myself. I have read many reviews on https://www.growgardener.com/best-rope-for-tree-swing/ trying to find the best ropes, as I didn't want my kids, or my wife, or even me to get hurt!
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 15:04]
Price of garden landscaping advice please on 19:33 - Oct 1 with 1262 viewsbazza

Price of garden landscaping advice please on 06:05 - Oct 1 by Ryorry

Wonder if OP ever got this done?

If not,, at thme price suggested (😱)I'd turn it into a wildflower meadow tbh. About £7-10K cheaper, no weedkilling, almost no mowing, no slipping on wet flags, will look & smell a helluva lot nicer & be more environmentally friendly

Wet flags.. maybe hoist them
Back up.
Price of garden landscaping advice please (n/t) on 20:43 - Oct 1 with 1239 viewsCrow77

[Post edited 1 Oct 2021 20:50]
Login to get fewer ads

Price of garden landscaping advice please on 21:04 - Oct 1 with 1218 viewsslump

Depending on the quality of the finish and cost of the slabs (they've gone through the roof recently) you're looking to pay anywhere between £100 - £150 per m2 for the patio. That's assuming that access is okay.

The lawn, assuming there's no need for any imported topsoil, with a good quality turf will be a maximum of £15 per m2

As others have said there are loads of other variables that will affect the price however.

Happy to quote if you are local to Ipswich, just pm me.

UTT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024