Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is relegation part of the plan? 09:03 - Oct 25 with 1258 viewsmattrolow

Not saying for one minute that Evans is trying to get us relegated, but do you think in his mind it isn't a bad outcome.

Is a club doing well (potentially) in League One more attractive to sell than a lower mid table steady Championship club?

Higher gates, a winning momentum (potentially).

Could have been a factor in his mind when taking the risk on Hurst, that the worst outcome wasn't actually that bad.
Is relegation part of the plan? on 09:04 - Oct 25 with 1247 viewsAce_High1

Yeah true, MASSIVE tax advantages to being in League 1. I am surprised the likes of Man City have not thought about doing it too.
Is relegation part of the plan? on 09:04 - Oct 25 with 1242 viewsElderGrizzly

No. It would be a disaster.

To start we would have an immediate wage cap of 60% of our turnover. Our curent wage bill is over 100% of our turnover and that turnover will drop considerably
Is relegation part of the plan? on 09:07 - Oct 25 with 1210 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think the only reason people buy football clubs these days is to reach the Prem and make some money.

Evans only real exit route is being in a position for a new owner to think the prem is reachable.

Putting another league between us and the prem won't help evans.

Personally I don't car about the prem, and relegation doesn't worry me that much. But I think it's the last thing that Evans wants.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Is relegation part of the plan? on 09:11 - Oct 25 with 1186 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Since having his money burnt by Keane
Technically he has been for the last 10 yrs to get further and further away from the promise land.
Is relegation part of the plan? on 09:19 - Oct 25 with 1163 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is relegation part of the plan? on 09:04 - Oct 25 by Ace_High1

Yeah true, MASSIVE tax advantages to being in League 1. I am surprised the likes of Man City have not thought about doing it too.

They did. And look where it's got them now. Case closed

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is relegation part of the plan? on 09:22 - Oct 25 with 1152 viewsJ2BLUE

Why don't we deliberately drop down to the conference? We could dominate!

Seriously? WTF?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is relegation part of the plan? on 09:47 - Oct 25 with 1105 viewsbritbiker

Im sure some of us would take a season of winning even if it were in a lower division, however with the constraints on income we would have to sell even more players from an already poor squad and I just don't see us being the type of team that would dominate in league one. Many years of cup defeats to lower teams proved we are a powder puff team.

I think our only savour will be out youth but no manager is given time anymore to build a squad. The Hurst experiment is proving that. We all say give him time but after a couple of months of failure we call for a change. This will be exactly the same with whoever comes next.
Is relegation part of the plan? on 09:59 - Oct 25 with 1082 viewsBueller

To think ME had this on the mind is ridiculous to be quite frank with you. What is this fascination with relegation is better for us, it is what we need or it’s all a plan?

We fall into League 1 we might not come up for years. The ramifications of us going down and variables at play don’t mean we are coming straight back up. You’ll lose players like Dozzell and Bart. You won’t be able to loan the likes of Chalobah or Edun. Nolan and Nsiala will probably go where Hurst ends up if sacked. Let’s remember the investment will probably still be the same from ME.

We would look far from attractive and more like a team on the decline.

Bit of a rant here but so disappointing that supporters think going down isn’t that bad and think the club think it too.
Login to get fewer ads

Is relegation part of the plan? on 10:06 - Oct 25 with 1063 viewsGuthrum

Is relegation part of the plan? on 09:47 - Oct 25 by britbiker

Im sure some of us would take a season of winning even if it were in a lower division, however with the constraints on income we would have to sell even more players from an already poor squad and I just don't see us being the type of team that would dominate in league one. Many years of cup defeats to lower teams proved we are a powder puff team.

I think our only savour will be out youth but no manager is given time anymore to build a squad. The Hurst experiment is proving that. We all say give him time but after a couple of months of failure we call for a change. This will be exactly the same with whoever comes next.

Divisions of the Football League/Prem are not good places for experimenting. It is a relentlessly moving environment, where failure to get things together within quite a short period is punished heavily. Realistically, a manger has less than a dozen games to get things together to at least a functional level, otherwise he is risking the future of the club and thus his own position.

It's all very well if you're starting your long-term plan at a low level (e.g. Swansea or Bournemouth in League Two). There is the time and space to iron out problems while steadily accelerating. Fans have patience because you are constantly improving, not dropping down. In the Championship you're already running to stand still from the word go.

Youth is far too slow a production line to base the whole success of the club on. Only a very tiny proportion of each group will be of sufficient standard. This isn't the 1970s, when there were far fewer transfers and, in any case, our outstanding crop of Academy youths were turned out over the space of a whole decade. It is likely to take just as long to assemble such a team again (that's without predatory larger clubs offering big money for anyone who does well). Youth will always be a bonus for Ipswich, but cannot be the core.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024