Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re-boot 21:04 - Mar 16 with 4743 viewsFixed_It

I love this Club. I expected to be sad if we ever got relegated. But strangely I'm not. I am excited by what the future might bring. As a Club we were drifting. Stale. We needed a re-boot, and if a relegation fight was what was needed then so be it. Paul Lambert has given us belief where there was none. The crowd is 100% behind what he is trying to do, and the signs are there that next season, albeit in the league below, will be exciting with free-flowing football brought to us by a team lsrgely made up of fearless, homegrown talent. We may be down, but sometimes you have to take one step backwards to go forwards. We will be back - stronger and better. And I will be there with my season ticket to see it.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 21:05]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Re-boot on 21:08 - Mar 16 with 4691 viewsReuser_is_God

I had my sadness & grieving about us going down a month ago.

Now we should just embrace & enjoy the journey.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Re-boot on 21:28 - Mar 16 with 4624 viewsjas0999

League One will be a lot tougher than folk think. Relegation is not a time to be excited.
Re-boot on 21:34 - Mar 16 with 4613 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Re-boot on 21:28 - Mar 16 by jas0999

League One will be a lot tougher than folk think. Relegation is not a time to be excited.

True, but there has increasingly been only one direction that we were realistically going to exit this division. Some sides have rebuilt from the experience and come back the stronger. Let's hope Lambert still has that about him and we are a Leeds/Sheffield United/norwich rather than another Portsmouth/Coventry.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Re-boot on 21:35 - Mar 16 with 4609 viewsStewart27

Re-boot on 21:28 - Mar 16 by jas0999

Anything will get me excited after Mick’s last 3 years at the club. I was numb. The place was toxic. I’d take winning games in league one over 2016-2018 hands down.
Re-boot on 21:39 - Mar 16 with 4593 viewsDarth_Koont

I'm trying to stay positive but I fear we haven't hit rock bottom yet. I think the players and Lambert can dig us out of League One but I think we're still going to need a bit of luck.

Pronouns: He/Him

Re-boot on 21:41 - Mar 16 with 4578 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Re-boot on 21:35 - Mar 16 by Stewart27

Anything will get me excited after Mick’s last 3 years at the club. I was numb. The place was toxic. I’d take winning games in league one over 2016-2018 hands down.

I think jas009 was thinking more will you take struggling to get a point out of Accrington Stanley, losing to Fleetwood Town, Walsall or Wycombe.

Was it someone like Walsall we played at the start of one of our first seasons down after a relegation and struggled to get a draw and that was the first we realised life wasn't going to be so easy after all?

Re-boot on 21:56 - Mar 16 with 4487 viewsHerbivore

Re-boot on 21:41 - Mar 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think jas009 was thinking more will you take struggling to get a point out of Accrington Stanley, losing to Fleetwood Town, Walsall or Wycombe.

Was it someone like Walsall we played at the start of one of our first seasons down after a relegation and struggled to get a draw and that was the first we realised life wasn't going to be so easy after all?

We beat Walsall 2-0 first game back.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Re-boot on 21:57 - Mar 16 with 4493 viewsTractorWood

League one will be no party. It's a really tough league and we've won what 2 in 22 under PL?

There's little to be positive about (emotional rheotric aside) considering the budget is likely to get another cull.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 21:58]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Re-boot on 22:00 - Mar 16 with 4442 viewsBlueBadger

Re-boot on 21:34 - Mar 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

True, but there has increasingly been only one direction that we were realistically going to exit this division. Some sides have rebuilt from the experience and come back the stronger. Let's hope Lambert still has that about him and we are a Leeds/Sheffield United/norwich rather than another Portsmouth/Coventry.

Most of those sides had owners that were willing to support their managers. And it wasn't a quick return for the Blunts OR Leeds.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Re-boot on 22:13 - Mar 16 with 4383 viewsericclacton

Beetroot.

Re-boot on 22:16 - Mar 16 with 4367 viewsFixed_It

Re-boot on 21:57 - Mar 16 by TractorWood

League one will be no party. It's a really tough league and we've won what 2 in 22 under PL?

There's little to be positive about (emotional rheotric aside) considering the budget is likely to get another cull.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 21:58]

I agree. If you are blind (and deaf) there is little to be positive about. Luckily for me I am neither.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Re-boot on 22:20 - Mar 16 with 4329 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Re-boot on 21:56 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

You are correct. Looks like we have won every game we have played against them.

Probably Grimsby in 86/87 that I am thinking of then.

Re-boot on 22:31 - Mar 16 with 4286 viewsPJH

Although I was on this earth the last time we got relegated from the second tier I have no memory of it but I do have memories of the four relegations from the top tier.
In 1963/64 and 1994/95 we sadly had teams that were out of their depth.
In 2001/02 we should not have got ourselves relegated but the one that hurt me the most was 1985/86 because SBR's reign had got me thinking that ITFC would for ever be a top flight club.

I am not sure how I feel about this upcoming one but what I am seeing on the pitch and being a part of (home and away) off the pitch does not seem like I would expect relegation to seem like.

PL again spoke very well at the ST Event in fanzone at lunchtime, not sure if anyone has mentioned it on here but it was a very enjoyable hour or so.
Re-boot on 23:45 - Mar 16 with 4097 viewsReuser_is_God

Re-boot on 22:31 - Mar 16 by PJH

Although I was on this earth the last time we got relegated from the second tier I have no memory of it but I do have memories of the four relegations from the top tier.
In 2001/02 we should not have got ourselves relegated but the one that hurt me the most was 1985/86 because SBR's reign had got me thinking that ITFC would for ever be a top flight club.

I am not sure how I feel about this upcoming one but what I am seeing on the pitch and being a part of (home and away) off the pitch does not seem like I would expect relegation to seem like.

PL again spoke very well at the ST Event in fanzone at lunchtime, not sure if anyone has mentioned it on here but it was a very enjoyable hour or so.

Summary of the event PJH? If you don’t mind of course.

For me this feels weird because it’s been on the cards such a while, I’ve gone past being upset about it - I’m now ready to embrace League 1. Hopefully only for a year.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Re-boot on 01:57 - Mar 17 with 3954 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Re-boot on 21:56 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

And followed that up by hammering Leicester 6-1 at home.

Then we lost to Bradford.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Re-boot on 01:59 - Mar 17 with 3951 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Re-boot on 22:20 - Mar 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

You are correct. Looks like we have won every game we have played against them.

Probably Grimsby in 86/87 that I am thinking of then.

1-1 draw. Grimsby equalised in the last minute. To be honest we were average that first season in the old Division Two and just about made the play-offs.

Re-boot on 02:04 - Mar 17 with 3950 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Re-boot on 22:31 - Mar 16 by PJH

1985-86 was definitely the worst relegation. Although we'd somehow managed to win relegation battles in the two previous seasons with amazing late season runs, it was inevitable we'd go down eventually. However we shouldn't have dropped that season, anyone remember beating Oxford 3-2 and believing we were safe. It took an unlikely set of results to send us down and it was horrible.

1994-95 wasn't a downer as we were terrible, it was a relief. 2001-02 we should never have gone down, a strange season.

This time I'm looking forward to something different, particularly with us playing better football over this past month and holding our own against the better sides in the Championship.

By the way the worst play-off defeat was Sheffield United 1997. Cloesly followed by Bolton 1999 and West Ham 2004 and 2005 - both were awful.

Re-boot on 08:34 - Mar 17 with 3645 viewsPJH

Re-boot on 23:45 - Mar 16 by Reuser_is_God

Summary of the event PJH? If you don’t mind of course.

For me this feels weird because it’s been on the cards such a while, I’ve gone past being upset about it - I’m now ready to embrace League 1. Hopefully only for a year.

As requested a summary of the ST Event.
Firstly on entry we got our drink(IPA or Fosters or soft drink)and pie both of which were very nice.
Occasionally it seemed that a gust of wind would make the marquee airborne but it did manage to stay tethered to the ground.
Bryan Hamilton gave an introductory speech and talked about his time as a player and then had a chat with Lee O'Neill about his role and his thoughts for the short term and long term future's of ITFC all of which was positive.
Bryan then introduced Paul Lambert who got a very long ovation on entering,PL did not really say anything he has not said before but was very exited about the number of young prospects and stressed the importance of everyone on and off the pitch sticking together.He then left to an equally long ovation.
Bryan then introduced Terry Butcher, then Warky and then Micky Stockwell who all reminisced about their early times at PR,the teams they played in plus anecdotes about SBR,John Cobbold,The Beat,Allan Hunter and (of course) Escape To Victory.They were all enthusiastic about the future with Micky Stockwell talking about his work with young players at the club.

It does seem that the future could and should be exciting but I still wish that we were not about to drop down a division before we discover what it is really going to be like.
Re-boot on 08:49 - Mar 17 with 3585 viewsKropotkin123

Re-boot on 02:04 - Mar 17 by The_Last_Baron

1985-86 was definitely the worst relegation. Although we'd somehow managed to win relegation battles in the two previous seasons with amazing late season runs, it was inevitable we'd go down eventually. However we shouldn't have dropped that season, anyone remember beating Oxford 3-2 and believing we were safe. It took an unlikely set of results to send us down and it was horrible.

1994-95 wasn't a downer as we were terrible, it was a relief. 2001-02 we should never have gone down, a strange season.

This time I'm looking forward to something different, particularly with us playing better football over this past month and holding our own against the better sides in the Championship.

By the way the worst play-off defeat was Sheffield United 1997. Cloesly followed by Bolton 1999 and West Ham 2004 and 2005 - both were awful.

2001/2 was the worst for me... Just look at that mid season rally. They just threw in the towel. No reason why they couldn't get more than 6 points in the remaining 13 games, when they just got 21 from 24 in the previous 8.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001%E2%80%9302_Ipswich_Town_F.C._season

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Re-boot on 13:48 - Mar 17 with 3354 viewsParisBlue

Re-boot on 08:49 - Mar 17 by Kropotkin123

2001/2 was the worst for me... Just look at that mid season rally. They just threw in the towel. No reason why they couldn't get more than 6 points in the remaining 13 games, when they just got 21 from 24 in the previous 8.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001%E2%80%9302_Ipswich_Town_F.C._season

We won 7 out of 8 games mid season and 21 points. In the other 30 games either side of that run we amassed a total of 15 points, though we did beat Inter Milan. A very strange season with a squad which should never have been relegated, although we were 4 points adrift at the end.

Almost 20 years ago now - I don't think the club has ever recovered.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2019 13:49]

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024