Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton gone? 10:50 - Aug 26 with 4000 viewsburwellian

[Post edited 26 Aug 2019 13:27]

Bolton gone. on 11:04 - Aug 26 with 3197 viewsDanTheMan

Bloody hell.

Feel for the fans, don't deserve this nonsense.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Bolton gone. on 11:07 - Aug 26 with 3155 viewsgainsboroughblue

Incredible to think that they were part of the richest league in the world during this decade.

Should be a massive wake up call to the absolute craziness this game has become, but I bet it wont be.
Bolton gone. on 11:13 - Aug 26 with 3085 viewspointofblue

Bolton gone. on 11:07 - Aug 26 by gainsboroughblue

Incredible to think that they were part of the richest league in the world during this decade.

Should be a massive wake up call to the absolute craziness this game has become, but I bet it wont be.

The rich will see it as natural wastage - the fewer teams the league has to prop up the more money can go elsewhere.

It’s ridiculous the scenario both Bolton and Bury are in; I think the latter (accordingly to the idiot in charge) need £3m to get through the season. ‘Just’ £3m. Our television (?) income alone dropped by £9m thanks to relegation.

Poll: Which formation should we play moving forward?

Bolton gone. on 11:22 - Aug 26 with 3013 viewsRyorry

Bloodyell. Still a shock even if anticipated. Poor fans (the decent ones) & community.

And doesn't it mean we'll also lose our 3 points from Saturday? :(

Poll: Are you relieved Paul Lambert didn't get the Scotland job?

Bolton gone. on 11:24 - Aug 26 with 2990 viewsPinewoodblue

Bolton gone. on 11:13 - Aug 26 by pointofblue

The rich will see it as natural wastage - the fewer teams the league has to prop up the more money can go elsewhere.

It’s ridiculous the scenario both Bolton and Bury are in; I think the latter (accordingly to the idiot in charge) need £3m to get through the season. ‘Just’ £3m. Our television (?) income alone dropped by £9m thanks to relegation.

Think Bury will go under can't see the EFL taking the risk of the current bidder failing to complete the season. They would be a laughing stock if that happened.

Poll: how many changes to starting 11 v Wcombe

Bolton gone. on 11:28 - Aug 26 with 2948 viewspointofblue

Bolton gone. on 11:24 - Aug 26 by Pinewoodblue

Think Bury will go under can't see the EFL taking the risk of the current bidder failing to complete the season. They would be a laughing stock if that happened.

I fear you may be right, especially as it looks like they’re going to have to withdraw Bolton’s results from the record as it is. I still wonder why they let them start the season but feel devastated for both sets of fans.

Bolton gone. on 11:37 - Aug 26 with 2858 viewsJohnny_Boy

Bolton gone. on 11:07 - Aug 26 by gainsboroughblue

Is it that surprising? Bad owners coming in & syphoning profits / asset stripping football clubs is hardly a new thing.

Bolton have had a succession of them, one after another. Each of them palming any responsibility to the next one.

Something had to give.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2019 11:52]
Bolton gone. on 11:40 - Aug 26 with 2832 viewsblueconscience

Bolton gone. on 11:22 - Aug 26 by Ryorry

Bloodyell. Still a shock even if anticipated. Poor fans (the decent ones) & community.

And doesn't it mean we'll also lose our 3 points from Saturday? :(

Wouldn’t it make more sense to give everyone 6 points, as teams who drew with them would benefit by only losing 1 point, not 3, whereas if everyone just got 6 points it would be equal?
Login to get fewer ads

Bolton gone. on 11:41 - Aug 26 with 2826 viewsParisBlue

Bolton gone. on 11:28 - Aug 26 by pointofblue

I fear you may be right, especially as it looks like they’re going to have to withdraw Bolton’s results from the record as it is. I still wonder why they let them start the season but feel devastated for both sets of fans.

The knock on effects mean 2 less home games and reduced revenue for the other teams in the division.

Not to mention supporters who will have paid for season tickets for 24 games, not 22.

What a mess...sad times

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Bolton gone. on 11:44 - Aug 26 with 2794 viewsGlasgowBlue

Reading Phil’s story on the front page it comes across as if the administrator is calling everyone’s bluff and focusing minds to ensure the deal completes ASAP.

"History is made, sadly, by people who are bystanders and do nothing. Their inaction is an excuse and a cover for intolerance".
Poll: What would your preference for next season be?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bolton gone. on 11:45 - Aug 26 with 2799 viewsRyorry

That stadium too - would another sports club buy it, or more likely be sold as a shopping/hotel/etc complex? Notable bit of architecture when built, highest ground in England, massive parking area with easy motorway access etc.

Bolton gone. on 11:47 - Aug 26 with 2771 viewsRyorry

Bolton gone. on 11:40 - Aug 26 by blueconscience

Wouldn’t it make more sense to give everyone 6 points, as teams who drew with them would benefit by only losing 1 point, not 3, whereas if everyone just got 6 points it would be equal?

That's a good point, would like to think so - but it might be wishful thinking! And what about our +5 GD too?

It's already a hotel..... on 11:52 - Aug 26 with 2713 viewsBloots

Bolton gone. on 11:45 - Aug 26 by Ryorry

That stadium too - would another sports club buy it, or more likely be sold as a shopping/hotel/etc complex? Notable bit of architecture when built, highest ground in England, massive parking area with easy motorway access etc.

….which ironically has been one of the issues with finding a buyer.

The main problem is that it's in Bolton.

Bolton gone. on 11:58 - Aug 26 with 2668 viewsSomethingBlue

Not yet they haven't. Suspect they'll get sorted out still – not that takes away from how appalling in general the situation is.
It's already a hotel..... on 12:00 - Aug 26 with 2631 viewsRyorry

It's already a hotel..... on 11:52 - Aug 26 by Bloots

….which ironically has been one of the issues with finding a buyer.

The main problem is that it's in Bolton.

Ah , right - ta for the info.

Bolton gone. on 12:01 - Aug 26 with 2622 viewsburwellian

Bolton gone. on 11:44 - Aug 26 by GlasgowBlue

Reading Phil’s story on the front page it comes across as if the administrator is calling everyone’s bluff and focusing minds to ensure the deal completes ASAP.

Dear God I hope so...

As for the points, etc; record would be expunged. We'd lose the 3 points and 5-0 win, bit that's small fry compared to losing your club.
Bolton gone. on 12:04 - Aug 26 with 2586 viewspointofblue

I think Sport England have some kind of legal writ on the stadium which means it has to be used for sporting purposes, or the organisation has a certain amount of time to find another sporting purpose for it before it can be sold for redevelopment.

The big issue as I understand it revolves around the hotel attached to the stadium. Different administrators were appointed and have lined up a buyer who want nothing to do with the club itself; however the consortium which wants to buy the club also wants the hotel so it's a huge mess.

Bolton gone. on 12:16 - Aug 26 with 2463 viewsPinewoodblue

Think you will find Hawthorns is highest ground in England.

Poll: how many changes to starting 11 v Wcombe

Bolton gone. on 12:24 - Aug 26 with 2379 viewsgordon

Bolton gone. on 11:40 - Aug 26 by blueconscience

Not sure I follow - isn't giving everyone 6 points basically the same as deleting all the results and giving everyone 0 points for Bolton games?
Bolton gone. on 12:28 - Aug 26 with 2357 viewsParisBlue

Bolton gone. on 12:24 - Aug 26 by gordon

Not sure I follow - isn't giving everyone 6 points basically the same as deleting all the results and giving everyone 0 points for Bolton games?

I guess the OP means giving 3 points for any unplayed games.

Potentially only Coventry gain from expunging the results given they drew 0-0 so would be worse off if 3 points were awarded.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Bolton gone. on 12:47 - Aug 26 with 2231 viewsblueconscience

Bolton gone. on 12:24 - Aug 26 by gordon

You are probably right, just sounds worse when you get more points taken away 🙂
Bolton gone. on 13:19 - Aug 26 with 2022 viewsxrayspecs

Bolton gone. on 11:44 - Aug 26 by GlasgowBlue

I suspect you are right.

In a no deal situation, both parties will be worse off than If they come to an agreement. It will go down to the wire but a deal will be secured.
Bolton gone. on 13:44 - Aug 26 with 1869 viewsSarge

Bolton gone. on 13:19 - Aug 26 by xrayspecs

I suspect you are right.

In a no deal situation, both parties will be worse off than If they come to an agreement. It will go down to the wire but a deal will be secured.

Can you tell that to Boris Johnson please?
Bolton gone. on 13:55 - Aug 26 with 1832 viewsxrayspecs

Bolton gone. on 12:16 - Aug 26 by Pinewoodblue

Think you will find Hawthorns is highest ground in England.

Edit. You are right it is WBA.

Port Vale second, Oldham third.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2019 13:58]
Bolton gone. on 13:58 - Aug 26 with 1818 viewsxrayspecs

Bolton gone. on 13:44 - Aug 26 by Sarge

Can you tell that to Boris Johnson please?

I suspect he knows...

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2020