Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible 14:29 - Dec 13 with 1979 viewsMaySixth

then again, I thought we would finish 12th so everything is a bonus

we aren't that good

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 14:33 - Dec 13 with 1743 viewsHerbivore

This league is terrible and we have the strongest squad in it. If you thought we'd finish 12th that just shows your expectations were unrealistic.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:02 - Dec 13 with 1721 viewsMaySixth

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 14:33 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

This league is terrible and we have the strongest squad in it. If you thought we'd finish 12th that just shows your expectations were unrealistic.

my expectations are mine

yours are yours

i'm happy with it, maybe you aren't

moan and bleat all you like, we were never as good as everybody thinks

i've enjoyed this season though....work that out

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:02 - Dec 13 with 1718 viewsIllinoisblue

3 wins in 13 will lead to negativity

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:05 - Dec 13 with 1713 viewsHerbivore

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:02 - Dec 13 by MaySixth

my expectations are mine

yours are yours

No idea how you've enjoyed this season. The football on offer is pretty poor for the most part. The league position is fine at the moment but we aren't playing well in a division we should be too good for and that's a worry.

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:07 - Dec 13 with 1707 viewsGarv

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:05 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

No idea how you've enjoyed this season. The football on offer is pretty poor for the most part. The league position is fine at the moment but we aren't playing well in a division we should be too good for and that's a worry.

In what way should we be too good for this division?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:08 - Dec 13 with 1701 viewsHerbivore

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:07 - Dec 13 by Garv

In that we have the best squad in the division with lots of depth compared to our rivals. We also have a manager who had essentially 9 months last season with no real expectations in which to start getting us ready for this season.

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:09 - Dec 13 with 1698 viewsPJH

I think that that is about right.

We are in the promotion places at the moment but with what we have got we SHOULD be in the promotion places.

If we are not back in the second division next season then this season has been a failure.

We are certainly not scoring enough goals at the moment or creating enough chances.
Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:11 - Dec 13 with 1694 viewsPJH

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:07 - Dec 13 by Garv

Because we have better players than all or nearly all of the division.

and as PL seems to think, the best supporters.
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:20 - Dec 13 with 1678 viewsChrisd

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:02 - Dec 13 by Illinoisblue

3 wins in 13 will lead to negativity

Very true. The way we are currently playing and the lack of chances we are creating is a concern. For a team that has been top 2 for most of the season, we certainly don't play or look like one. We've had glimpses where there have been encouraging signs, but for the supposed 'quality' of our squad I have been disappointed with our displays on the whole. Also, other teams in and around us seem to be getting their acts together and are looking a real threat.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:28 - Dec 13 with 1663 viewsIllinoisblue

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:20 - Dec 13 by Chrisd

Very true. The way we are currently playing and the lack of chances we are creating is a concern. For a team that has been top 2 for most of the season, we certainly don't play or look like one. We've had glimpses where there have been encouraging signs, but for the supposed 'quality' of our squad I have been disappointed with our displays on the whole. Also, other teams in and around us seem to be getting their acts together and are looking a real threat.

I think we'll be alright - and being out of the FA Cup will help ease the burden - but that said, if we have a bad xmas period we'll be slap bang in the play-off pack. The likes of Oxford, Rotherham, and even Pompey all look dangerous.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:39 - Dec 13 with 1640 viewshomer_123

My concern lies more with the fact that we still, under Lambert, have no real sense of how we are playing.

Just one example, with an absolute wealth of midfield quality available - we seem to still insist on being very direct, even when we play Jackson up top on his own.

As under Hurst, we play only in patches - under Lambert that patches are longer but we still have real trouble seeing off teams or seeing out a game - those are genuine concerns.

That said, we are in a very good league position despite not really playing well. That's def a positive but we are now really struggling to find any form. Not panicking, long way to go etc.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 15:43]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:42 - Dec 13 with 1631 viewshomer_123

The reality is that the actual quality of football is, whilst better than Hurst, at best is on par with Mick but at a lower level - I am really struggling with that.

We can and do play some decent football but it is always in shortish patches.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:43 - Dec 13 with 1629 viewsMrTown

The quality of player in this division is poor, there is no two ways about that.

But they are incredibly organised and sit off us right from the first whistle, time-waste and cheat; it has ultimately made it quite a difficult league to play in.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:44 - Dec 13 with 1627 viewsTractorWood

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:39 - Dec 13 by homer_123

My concern lies more with the fact that we still, under Lambert, have no real sense of how we are playing.

Just one example, with an absolute wealth of midfield quality available - we seem to still insist on being very direct, even when we play Jackson up top on his own.

As under Hurst, we play only in patches - under Lambert that patches are longer but we still have real trouble seeing off teams or seeing out a game - those are genuine concerns.

That said, we are in a very good league position despite not really playing well. That's def a positive but we are now really struggling to find any form. Not panicking, long way to go etc.

I went and saw Cambridge play Plymouth last week and Cambridge played excellent football. Calm on the ball, direct but varied and mostly on the floor.

We should be 10 points clear. This league is pretty weak and our squad is pretty strong and deep. Don't go up and their should be some massive questions over management.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 16:44 - Dec 13 with 1570 viewsGarv

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:08 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

In that we have the best squad in the division with lots of depth compared to our rivals. We also have a manager who had essentially 9 months last season with no real expectations in which to start getting us ready for this season.

That's not fact though is it?

Also, depth doesn't mean quality. A lot of our players look great on paper but in reality are overrated. Depth is more likely to mean consistent results, which we've had.

Norwood - 30+ goals in League 2, but never played more than a few games at this level. Not a given he will be one of the best strikers in the league.
Jackson - good at League 2 level, struggled hugely in the Championship.
Huws - nowhere near what he used to be.
Keane - getting there but in a similar place to Huws, as we know, and he's only just come back into the picture.

Players like Judge, Chambers and Skuse I think do back your argument that we should be better than most, but it doesn't apply to the whole squad. Judge in particular has not delivered as we expected, which is disappointing, but you know that. Chambers and Skuse have delivered, as proved by our defensive record.

Quite a bit of our depth is still injured, and it also happens that they are some of our better players. Lankester, Bishop and Sears all still to return.

I don't want to give Lambert a free pass, because I would have expected better performances and style of play, I just think individually we are not as good as some think we should be.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 18:11 - Dec 13 with 1504 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:39 - Dec 13 by homer_123

It's been over a year now. We still have no idea what the 'Lambert way' is.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 18:19 - Dec 13 with 1488 viewsHerbivore

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 16:44 - Dec 13 by Garv

That's not fact though is it?

Also, depth doesn't mean quality. A lot of our players look great on paper but in reality are overrated. Depth is more likely to mean consistent results, which we've had.

Norwood - 30+ goals in League 2, but never played more than a few games at this level. Not a given he will be one of the best strikers in the league.
Jackson - good at League 2 level, struggled hugely in the Championship.
Huws - nowhere near what he used to be.
Keane - getting there but in a similar place to Huws, as we know, and he's only just come back into the picture.

Players like Judge, Chambers and Skuse I think do back your argument that we should be better than most, but it doesn't apply to the whole squad. Judge in particular has not delivered as we expected, which is disappointing, but you know that. Chambers and Skuse have delivered, as proved by our defensive record.

Quite a bit of our depth is still injured, and it also happens that they are some of our better players. Lankester, Bishop and Sears all still to return.

I don't want to give Lambert a free pass, because I would have expected better performances and style of play, I just think individually we are not as good as some think we should be.

Who in the league is better then? We have five or six CMs that would walk into any side in the league. Nolan was one of the players of the year at this level just a couple of years ago, as was Nsiala. Edwards, who isn't one of our stronger players, was also a standout performer in League 1 very recently. For this level we have both quality and depth that other sides can't match.

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 19:29 - Dec 13 with 1443 viewsChrisd

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 18:19 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

Who in the league is better then? We have five or six CMs that would walk into any side in the league. Nolan was one of the players of the year at this level just a couple of years ago, as was Nsiala. Edwards, who isn't one of our stronger players, was also a standout performer in League 1 very recently. For this level we have both quality and depth that other sides can't match.

Not sure using Nsiala as an example of our squad's depth and quality is a good one to justify your side of the argument?!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 22:13 - Dec 13 with 1356 viewsBlue_Moses

My negativity comes from Lamberts negative tactics
Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 22:47 - Dec 13 with 1317 viewsHerbivore

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 19:29 - Dec 13 by Chrisd

Not sure using Nsiala as an example of our squad's depth and quality is a good one to justify your side of the argument?!

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 23:21 - Dec 13 with 1296 viewsMaySixth

Had loads of great away trips with family and friends and met some sound people and gone to new places

Winning and goals are a bonus after years of MM

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 23:57 - Dec 13 with 1274 viewsstrikalite

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:28 - Dec 13 by Illinoisblue

I think we'll be alright - and being out of the FA Cup will help ease the burden - but that said, if we have a bad xmas period we'll be slap bang in the play-off pack. The likes of Oxford, Rotherham, and even Pompey all look dangerous.

Agree other teams are starting to get their act together now, Lambo talks about only losing two games I get that but you only need a run of draws and before no time you're looking over your shoulder pretty quickly, I know he's staying positive but we need a big confidence boost right now against an inform side more than anything, we're certainly due a performance at home that's for sure...
Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 07:56 - Dec 14 with 1152 viewspeterleeblue

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 15:02 - Dec 13 by MaySixth

my expectations are mine

yours are yours

I sort of agree here.
I think we should be pleased with where we are for now.
The football in this league is by and large turgid wherever you go. The key is to defend well (which we have done) and have that bit of quality to turn a game (which I think we have).

I would expect the league to open out from Feb onwards once setting up for draws dont wash and only 3 points will do for both teams competing.
Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 08:41 - Dec 14 with 1118 viewstractorboy1978

I think it has been a very 'bitty' season too which hasn't helped matters. It feels like we've played more meaningless cup games than actual competitive league games, particularly over the past couple of months. I am looking forward to league games coming thick and fast.

We miss KVY. When he was in the side we weren't playing tika taka football but we looked markedly better for me. Lambert needs to get a consistent side out for a run of games and we need to revert back to Norwood and Jackson up top.
Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 08:45 - Dec 14 with 1101 viewsHerbivore

Lambert is right : the negatitvity is incredible on 23:21 - Dec 13 by MaySixth

Had loads of great away trips with family and friends and met some sound people and gone to new places

Winning and goals are a bonus after years of MM

I mean, you do know you can go on days out and family friends without the football? I must have missed the scoring goals part of our season. We're averaging a goal a game over the past couple of months. You'd be slating Mick if we'd been playing like this under him, especially in League 1 ffs.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2019 8:52]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024