Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just for reference.... 22:38 - Mar 25 with 7225 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

In England and Wales in 2011 on average each day 1,327 people died.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/nov/06/deaths-mortality-rates-cau
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 22:40]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Just for reference.... on 22:43 - Mar 25 with 4602 viewsStokieBlue

Still not playing it down then?

1,327 people probably still died of various causes but there were another 50 on top of that from C-19. Left unchecked there would have been another 5000 on top of that from C-19.

I honestly don't understand your attitude lately.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Just for reference.... on 22:46 - Mar 25 with 4581 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

What a moronic comment.

Italy had 800 in a day last week.

If we reach that then your figures will see us almost double the amount of people that die in a day just from a single cause which is utterly horrific.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Just for reference.... on 22:47 - Mar 25 with 4579 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just for reference.... on 22:43 - Mar 25 by StokieBlue

Still not playing it down then?

1,327 people probably still died of various causes but there were another 50 on top of that from C-19. Left unchecked there would have been another 5000 on top of that from C-19.

I honestly don't understand your attitude lately.

SB

I was curious so looked it up and thought I would share it....purely for information. I was prompted to look it up after watching news from Germany at their surprise about a lack of deaths and by today's down turn here. What is your problem with me highlighting some scientific data?

Edit.. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/22/germany-low-coronavirus-mortality-
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 23:35]

Just for reference.... on 22:47 - Mar 25 with 4579 viewsjeera

I'm one of your biggest fans but even I have to say shame on you for this.

What are you hoping to achieve?

If someone you care for dies through this, would you like me to pop up with a road accident comparison to make you feel better?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Just for reference.... on 22:50 - Mar 25 with 4560 viewsStokieBlue

Just for reference.... on 22:47 - Mar 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

I was curious so looked it up and thought I would share it....purely for information. I was prompted to look it up after watching news from Germany at their surprise about a lack of deaths and by today's down turn here. What is your problem with me highlighting some scientific data?

Edit.. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/22/germany-low-coronavirus-mortality-
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 23:35]

Because that isn't what you are doing and you know it.

If you truly wanted to highlight some scientific data you would have found something more up to date and relevant.

Stop acting like a fool, you've let yourself down horribly the last month or so. It's sad to see :(.

SB
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 22:51]

Just for reference.... on 22:52 - Mar 25 with 4530 viewsBluesquid

Just for reference.... on 22:46 - Mar 25 by WarkTheWarkITFC

What a moronic comment.

If we reach that then your figures will see us almost double the amount of people that die in a day just from a single cause which is utterly horrific.

C-19 is extremely dangerous and all official advice should be followed but let's not forget that C-19 has a low overall mortality rate.
Just for reference.... on 22:53 - Mar 25 with 4519 viewsStokieBlue

Just for reference.... on 22:52 - Mar 25 by Bluesquid

C-19 is extremely dangerous and all official advice should be followed but let's not forget that C-19 has a low overall mortality rate.

What is your point?

It also has a very high infection rate. A high infection rate with a low mortality rate usually means more overall deaths than a high mortality rate and a low infection rate (see ebola for instance).

SB
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 22:54]

Just for reference.... on 22:54 - Mar 25 with 4508 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just for reference.... on 22:46 - Mar 25 by WarkTheWarkITFC

What a moronic comment.

Did 800 die from Covid 19?
In Italy in 2019 600 people died every day on average, not allowing for seasonal variation. Again this is just to provide a point for comparison so we can look at this with a little more knowledge.
If that makes me a moron then so be it.

Login to get fewer ads

Just for reference.... on 22:56 - Mar 25 with 4493 viewsBluesquid

Just for reference.... on 22:53 - Mar 25 by StokieBlue

What is your point?

It also has a very high infection rate. A high infection rate with a low mortality rate usually means more overall deaths than a high mortality rate and a low infection rate (see ebola for instance).

SB
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 22:54]

My point is we need perspective and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.
Just for reference.... on 22:58 - Mar 25 with 4476 viewsStokieBlue

Just for reference.... on 22:54 - Mar 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

Did 800 die from Covid 19?
In Italy in 2019 600 people died every day on average, not allowing for seasonal variation. Again this is just to provide a point for comparison so we can look at this with a little more knowledge.
If that makes me a moron then so be it.

The average for the last 5 days in Italy is around 700 so he's in the ballpark.

Perhaps if you had the facts right you'd stop making comparisons aimed to play down the issues?

Those 600 people will also have died on average so it's actually doubled the daily death rate. See, it's not hard to manipulate stats if you have no interest in the truth or context.

You really need to stop this.

SB

Just for reference.... on 22:58 - Mar 25 with 4479 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just for reference.... on 22:47 - Mar 25 by jeera

I'm one of your biggest fans but even I have to say shame on you for this.

What are you hoping to achieve?

If someone you care for dies through this, would you like me to pop up with a road accident comparison to make you feel better?

So look, I know no more or less than anybody else at the moment so looked up some data and shared it. Does this mean I am ignoring advice....no it does not. But why are we all pretending to be experts when we are not. The Oxford study seems particularly interesting in this regard especially with personal knowledge of people with 5 week coughs since about December.
It is about time some widespread tests were done for antibody carriers.

Just for reference.... on 23:03 - Mar 25 with 4444 viewsPendejo

Just for reference.... on 22:52 - Mar 25 by Bluesquid

Low mortality rate vs highly contagious

If we assume 5% (rounded down to 20,000 from 400,000) the potential figures for a high infection rate are frightening. But it's not just the mortality rate is it? It's the debilitating affects for those infected, and the NHS having to cope with large-scale contagion.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Just for reference.... on 23:03 - Mar 25 with 4441 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just for reference.... on 22:58 - Mar 25 by StokieBlue

Perhaps if you had the facts right you'd stop making comparisons aimed to play down the issues?

Those 600 people will also have died on average so it's actually doubled the daily death rate. See, it's not hard to manipulate stats if you have no interest in the truth or context.

SB

Nope, they tested positive and died....is there data for total deaths per day as that would help get an informed perspective? Why do you presume I am playing it down when I just want access to wider facts/data?

Just for reference.... on 23:06 - Mar 25 with 4432 viewsRyorry

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/london-woman-36-dies-of-suspected-

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just for reference.... on 23:06 - Mar 25 with 4429 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just for reference.... on 22:58 - Mar 25 by StokieBlue

SB

Can you back up your claim of circa 1300+ (allowing for seasonality) with data please Stokie as that would give a clearer picture?

Just for reference.... on 23:07 - Mar 25 with 4423 viewsjeera

Just for reference.... on 22:58 - Mar 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

So look, I know no more or less than anybody else at the moment so looked up some data and shared it. Does this mean I am ignoring advice....no it does not. But why are we all pretending to be experts when we are not. The Oxford study seems particularly interesting in this regard especially with personal knowledge of people with 5 week coughs since about December.
It is about time some widespread tests were done for antibody carriers.

No one here is pretending to be a bloody expert.

And if that is what this is all about then that's absurd, childish, juvenile jealousy.

You're desperately wasting time on trying to prove other people wrong for giving a sh!t?

Wtf? That doesn't even make sense.

You and others are looking to score cheap points whilst real people are dying pal. Each of us may end up knowing someone that happens to and if it happens to someone close to me and I feel for one moment that you or anyone else on this board peddling this sh1t has helped through your deliberate and repeated negligence, I'll come for you in person.

I hope that's clear enough for you.

Just for reference.... on 23:09 - Mar 25 with 4407 viewsStokieBlue

Just for reference.... on 23:06 - Mar 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

Can you back up your claim of circa 1300+ (allowing for seasonality) with data please Stokie as that would give a clearer picture?

No.

If you can't add the 600 deaths you say happen everyday anyway to 700 deaths which happened specifically from C-19 then perhaps your time is better spent with some maths reminder courses rather than trolling the forum.

It was a point made to illustrate how stupid it is to look at stats in the way you are.

SB

Just for reference.... on 23:09 - Mar 25 with 4406 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just for reference.... on 23:03 - Mar 25 by Pendejo

If we assume 5% (rounded down to 20,000 from 400,000) the potential figures for a high infection rate are frightening. But it's not just the mortality rate is it? It's the debilitating affects for those infected, and the NHS having to cope with large-scale contagion.

It will be interesting to see if there is anything in this Oxford research suggesting we are at a peak now....one can but hope!

Just for reference.... on 23:12 - Mar 25 with 4397 viewsBluesquid

Just for reference.... on 23:03 - Mar 25 by Pendejo

Oh i agree, the burden on the NHS and then the effects of those infected are massive and distressing.

But i really just wanted to highlight the need for perspective as there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.
Just for reference.... on 23:14 - Mar 25 with 4386 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just for reference.... on 23:07 - Mar 25 by jeera

No one here is pretending to be a bloody expert.

And if that is what this is all about then that's absurd, childish, juvenile jealousy.

You're desperately wasting time on trying to prove other people wrong for giving a sh!t?

Wtf? That doesn't even make sense.

You and others are looking to score cheap points whilst real people are dying pal. Each of us may end up knowing someone that happens to and if it happens to someone close to me and I feel for one moment that you or anyone else on this board peddling this sh1t has helped through your deliberate and repeated negligence, I'll come for you in person.

I hope that's clear enough for you.

I promise I don't pretend to know....maybe the optimist in me wants the Oxford study to be true.
I certainly am not trying to prove anybody wrong .... how could I.

Edit ....I also have no issue with the fact that the question about pressure on NHS resources is a real one, but hopefully if it turns out deaths have already peaked then that will correspond to a reduction in other degrees of suffering too!
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 23:18]

Just for reference.... on 23:14 - Mar 25 with 4384 viewsStokieBlue

Just for reference.... on 23:12 - Mar 25 by Bluesquid

Oh i agree, the burden on the NHS and then the effects of those infected are massive and distressing.

But i really just wanted to highlight the need for perspective as there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

What exactly do you mean "need for perspective".

SB

Just for reference.... on 23:20 - Mar 25 with 4366 viewsBluesquid

Just for reference.... on 23:14 - Mar 25 by StokieBlue

What exactly do you mean "need for perspective".

SB

Quite simply i am not sure that people (i know you do) are aware that C-19 has a low mortality rate overall and that there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

People should follow the official advice and also be aware of what the experts are telling us but which perhaps isn't being mentioned in the media.
Just for reference.... on 23:41 - Mar 25 with 4303 viewsjeera

Just for reference.... on 23:14 - Mar 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

I promise I don't pretend to know....maybe the optimist in me wants the Oxford study to be true.
I certainly am not trying to prove anybody wrong .... how could I.

Edit ....I also have no issue with the fact that the question about pressure on NHS resources is a real one, but hopefully if it turns out deaths have already peaked then that will correspond to a reduction in other degrees of suffering too!
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 23:18]

This is your Oxford study reference?

Yes, or no?

Just for reference.... on 23:45 - Mar 25 with 4285 viewsSpruceMoose

Give it a rest you bloody berk.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Just for reference.... on 23:57 - Mar 25 with 4262 viewsGuthrum

Yes. Now think of the extra load on the system if that figure were increased by 50%, or even doubled, due to Covid-19.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024