Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? 13:26 - Feb 26 with 8137 viewsLord_Lucan

£3.99 a tin in the Co-op

I only went in there for a pineapple and when I asked if they had any they looked at me as if I were a mad man.

I rarely go in the place as it's cr4p and I always get stupid answers to my questions. Previous conversations below

LL; Do you have any beers in the refrigerated aisle
Cretin; Only when the World Cup is on

LL; Do you have any Bread Sauce
Cretin; Only at Christmas.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 13:28 - Feb 26 with 3649 viewschicoazul

Preppers.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 13:29 - Feb 26 with 3661 viewsDyland

Do you break out in a rendition of Do You Believe in Life after Love when they ask if you have a share number?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 13:30 - Feb 26 with 3636 viewsfooters

It's always been quite pricey, hasn't it? Bought a couple of cans the other day as I really fancied a corned beef and pickle roll. Gonna make hash with the other.

And bread sauce? You lazy arse, Lucan. It's milk and bread.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 13:31 - Feb 26 with 3622 viewsLord_Lucan

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 13:29 - Feb 26 by Dyland

Do you break out in a rendition of Do You Believe in Life after Love when they ask if you have a share number?

Ha.

When they used to do the proper dividend card I used to get loads back as I used to get 5% rebate on diesel when they had the garage on Burrell Rd

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 13:32 - Feb 26 with 3615 viewsLord_Lucan

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 13:30 - Feb 26 by footers

It's always been quite pricey, hasn't it? Bought a couple of cans the other day as I really fancied a corned beef and pickle roll. Gonna make hash with the other.

And bread sauce? You lazy arse, Lucan. It's milk and bread.

Yeah I know, but I can't be arsed.

We are having corned beef hash tonight - with a bit of spicy paprika.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 13:33]

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 13:34 - Feb 26 with 3596 viewsfooters

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 13:32 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

See, I thought that's what a missus was for.

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 13:36 - Feb 26 with 3583 viewsLord_Lucan

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 13:34 - Feb 26 by footers

See, I thought that's what a missus was for.

I wouldn't let my mrs boil me an egg.

On the very rare occasions I make bread sauce (Christmas) I end up with a cubic metre

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 13:45 - Feb 26 with 3530 viewsBloomBlue

How big was the tin?

It was £2.40 in Tescos yesterday for 340g
Login to get fewer ads

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 13:55 - Feb 26 with 3507 viewsLord_Lucan

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 13:45 - Feb 26 by BloomBlue

How big was the tin?

It was £2.40 in Tescos yesterday for 340g

340g

I sacked Co-op off and went to Spar - £2.99, but also no pineapples.

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 14:01 - Feb 26 with 3488 viewsZedRodgers

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 13:32 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

How do you pronounce paprika?

Papricker, or papreeka?

No, not at the moment

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 14:06 - Feb 26 with 3474 viewsLord_Lucan

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 14:01 - Feb 26 by ZedRodgers

How do you pronounce paprika?

Papricker, or papreeka?

Papreeka

I believe the nearest thing you can get to it up your way is a dried tomato {Dryed Tom ar toe]

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 14:28 - Feb 26 with 3425 viewsZedRodgers

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 14:06 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

Papreeka

I believe the nearest thing you can get to it up your way is a dried tomato {Dryed Tom ar toe]

Let’s call the whole thing a thoroughly nice chap and it doesn’t matter what race he is.

No, not at the moment

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 15:18 - Feb 26 with 3336 viewsBrianTablet

Because most fields aren't geometrically shaped?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 15:28 - Feb 26 with 3316 viewsBiGDonnie

I once asked for a 'skinny wet latte' at Costa. A wet meaning no froth for the less enthusiastic coffee drinker. The barista responded by telling me that all of the drinks they do are wet as they all contain water.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

on 15:29 - Feb 26 with 3302 views_

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 15:28 - Feb 26 by BiGDonnie

I once asked for a 'skinny wet latte' at Costa. A wet meaning no froth for the less enthusiastic coffee drinker. The barista responded by telling me that all of the drinks they do are wet as they all contain water.

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 15:30 - Feb 26 with 3302 viewsChampionship

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 15:28 - Feb 26 by BiGDonnie

Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait.

Wait.

You can get a latte with no froth? Why has no one ever told me this?
Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 15:37 - Feb 26 with 3293 viewsLord_Lucan

I once asked for a Mocha and the tvvat looked at me with disdain and asked if I meant Mocachino, he followed that up with "Medium or large" and I advised "Medio"

Blimey, this was almost 20 years ago thinking about it and before coffee killed the nation.

on 15:50 - Feb 26 with 3265 views_

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 15:30 - Feb 26 by Championship

Wait.

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 15:51 - Feb 26 with 3259 viewsBiGDonnie

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 15:30 - Feb 26 by Championship

Wait.

Found this out about 8 years ago. Have never not ordered a latte 'wet' since.

COYBs

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 15:52 - Feb 26 with 3255 viewsfooters

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 15:51 - Feb 26 by BiGDonnie

Found this out about 8 years ago. Have never not ordered a latte 'wet' since.

Is this easily understood by baristas? Don't want to confuse the poor dears when ordering tomorrow morning.

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 15:53 - Feb 26 with 3251 viewsZedRodgers

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 15:37 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

I once asked for a Mocha and the tvvat looked at me with disdain and asked if I meant Mocachino, he followed that up with "Medium or large" and I advised "Medio"

Blimey, this was almost 20 years ago thinking about it and before coffee killed the nation.

No need to mocha him. Just doing his job.

No, not at the moment

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 15:55 - Feb 26 with 3240 viewsChampionship

on 15:50 - Feb 26 by _

I have found Costa very weak lately. Still on lattes but prefer stronger ones.
Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 15:57 - Feb 26 with 3228 viewsBiGDonnie

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 15:37 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

Brilliant.

COYBs

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 16:00 - Feb 26 with 3211 viewsBiGDonnie

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 15:52 - Feb 26 by footers

Is this easily understood by baristas? Don't want to confuse the poor dears when ordering tomorrow morning.

Yeah, apart from the numpty I mentioned, I've never had an issue. Some try and serve you a normal latte, which gets sent straight back.

COYBs

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 16:00 - Feb 26 with 3207 viewsfactual_blue

Why is corned beef so bloody expensive these days? on 15:52 - Feb 26 by footers

It's often quite obvious why they're baristas rather than barristers.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024