Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If things had gone differently for Bonne 13:42 - Apr 28 with 562 viewsHipsterectomy

I imagine that the build up to this final game would all be around him. The Ipswich lad who is potentially playing his last game for us, in the home stadium where he watched us as a kid. After the summer build up (the Ipswich park unveiling) as well as interviews throughout the season where he said things such as wanting to score for us at Carrow Road, wanting promotion with us, basically telling QPR to let him go, when he was in insane form, so he could stay with us…

It’s sad how muted he’s been and the club haven’t really used him in interviews and things since McKenna joined. I don’t know if that’s his own choice and he’s embarrassed or annoyed that it’s obviously gone so badly for him. If we could get him as third or fourth choice (if we really are going to blow the division away with the players we want to bring in) and he was happy I think he should stay.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

If things had gone differently for Bonne on 13:47 - Apr 28 with 538 viewsBonneNIL

Under Cook he looked superb, since Cook left and McKenna he's not suited the style at all and has worked hard but hasn't been able to function in the same way as before. In his defence barely any goals have come from Jackson, Piggott, and Norwood in the same role either so you'd suspect McKenna would be bringing in two players to do that role rather than hang onto those who aren't making it work. It's the reason we failed to do anything this season.

He will be at a league rival next season, a more attacking team will suit him and he will be back on form. We just have to recruit better in the summer.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

If things had gone differently for Bonne on 13:51 - Apr 28 with 509 viewsSTYG

If things had gone differently for Bonne on 13:47 - Apr 28 by BonneNIL

Under Cook he looked superb, since Cook left and McKenna he's not suited the style at all and has worked hard but hasn't been able to function in the same way as before. In his defence barely any goals have come from Jackson, Piggott, and Norwood in the same role either so you'd suspect McKenna would be bringing in two players to do that role rather than hang onto those who aren't making it work. It's the reason we failed to do anything this season.

He will be at a league rival next season, a more attacking team will suit him and he will be back on form. We just have to recruit better in the summer.

He was rubbish for weeks before McKenna arrived. It's lazy to suggest that he doesn't fit McKenna's system and that is the issue.

He isn't the sort of striker to thrive in it but Bonne scored 11 in 12 games initially or thereabouts and McKenna came in after 23 games?

Wasn't Bonne's last goal Wycombe on Burns Night? That was 8-9 weeks before McKenna took over.

By last goal I know he got one at Gillingham since. I mean last goal before McKenna.

EDIT - Goals against Morecambe, MK Dons (2) , Bolton, Lincoln, Doncaster (2), Accrington, Shrewsbury, Portsmouth, Wycombe. 11 goals in 16 games. He then played 9 without scoring before McKenna. 1 goal in 21 since.

So 1 goal in 30 games (a 1/3 of those not under McKenna)! After 11 goals in 16 games.

I would be absolutely delighted if he could sign off with a goal Saturday, hopefully the winner in front of the North Stand. Maybe it being Charlton might somehow see him lift his game. You'd have to think, given all our strikers are poor and not scoring, that the ITFC fan of the three, playing his last game at Portman Road, might be the masterstroke move by McKenna to get the best performance of the three.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 14:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024