Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? 08:22 - Jun 30 with 1878 viewsunstableblue

Where are they putting the West Ham fans - if at all? - upper Sir Alf perhaps?

Given its West Ham, a premier draw, and given only 1 and 2 halve stand open… will this not sell out?

West Ham seats will go on general sale on Thursday from 10am. With building work ongoing at Portman Road, only the upper tier of the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand, the lower tier of the Sir Bobby Robson Stand and all areas of the Magnus Group West Stand will be open.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 08:43 - Jun 30 with 1788 viewswrightsrightglove

Seems strange that SBRU and Cobbold stand aren’t open doesn’t it? I suppose they’ll wait and see how tickets sell with the potential of opening them up?

Also must add pressure to get the dugouts finished before this because I can’t imagine we can play a game without anywhere for the managers etc to sit
Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 08:46 - Jun 30 with 1769 viewsSouperJim

They'll be plenty of them who get tickets in home areas, usually happens with west ham

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 09:12 - Jun 30 with 1721 viewsunstableblue

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 08:46 - Jun 30 by SouperJim

They'll be plenty of them who get tickets in home areas, usually happens with west ham

You’d think better to give them their own area… so they can eat pie, liquor and mash and sing about bubbles together…. Whilst dancing like Chas and Dave

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 09:48 - Jun 30 with 1670 viewsSouperJim

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 09:12 - Jun 30 by unstableblue

You’d think better to give them their own area… so they can eat pie, liquor and mash and sing about bubbles together…. Whilst dancing like Chas and Dave

Would make sense to me to give them the whole south stand, but if building work means only the upper tier can be open and no cobbold at all, I guess upper south is where they'll be put. We'll end up with spanner waving essex knuckle draggers in fair numbers in home areas.

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 10:57 - Jun 30 with 1569 viewsSitfcB

West Ham have been given 1700 tickets, assume they’re in Cobbold upper.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 11:47 - Jun 30 with 1467 viewsBonneNIL

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 08:46 - Jun 30 by SouperJim

It's afriendly and we all know some Spammers, I honestly don't see an issue with mates watching a game together in a pre-season in whatever area of the ground, I don't see any issue why we would make a big deal out of this. They are probably going to pump about 6 or 7 past us anyway. They did last time without getting into 2nd gear.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 11:49 - Jun 30 with 1461 viewsSTYG

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 11:47 - Jun 30 by BonneNIL

It's afriendly and we all know some Spammers, I honestly don't see an issue with mates watching a game together in a pre-season in whatever area of the ground, I don't see any issue why we would make a big deal out of this. They are probably going to pump about 6 or 7 past us anyway. They did last time without getting into 2nd gear.

Can you post a link to that pumping that we got off West Ham please? Must have forgotten it.

Because the last time I recall playing them Downes, Dozzell and Bishop were outstanding, we were much the better side, I was absolutely shocked at how we dominated them, but we narrowly lost 2-1 I think. Was about 4-5 years ago as I watched bits of it on my phone during the boring bit in between the church and reception at a wedding.

So where's this 6 or 7 goal pumping?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 11:57 - Jun 30 with 1419 viewsBonneNIL

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 11:49 - Jun 30 by STYG

Can you post a link to that pumping that we got off West Ham please? Must have forgotten it.

Because the last time I recall playing them Downes, Dozzell and Bishop were outstanding, we were much the better side, I was absolutely shocked at how we dominated them, but we narrowly lost 2-1 I think. Was about 4-5 years ago as I watched bits of it on my phone during the boring bit in between the church and reception at a wedding.

So where's this 6 or 7 goal pumping?

This post has been edited by an administrator

I thought it was more, but I mixed up the result with the Spurs game a few days earlier where we were annihilated, but West Ham put us to the sword with relative ease, but yeah, nice on the personal insults there, making stuff up, you don't even know the last time we played West Ham, are you even a supporter?

Do you not follow the games?

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Login to get fewer ads

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 12:12 - Jun 30 with 1360 viewsSTYG

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 11:57 - Jun 30 by BonneNIL

I thought it was more, but I mixed up the result with the Spurs game a few days earlier where we were annihilated, but West Ham put us to the sword with relative ease, but yeah, nice on the personal insults there, making stuff up, you don't even know the last time we played West Ham, are you even a supporter?

Do you not follow the games?

I'm too busy going to every home match and 3/4 of away matches to worry about meaningless pre-season friendlies - although I am going to all the first team friendlies this year.

I was on holiday when this West Ham defeat occurred. But you seem to have posted a link to a 4-1 defeat rather than a six or seven goal defeat. I assume you'll post the right link shortly.
Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 12:15 - Jun 30 with 1340 viewsSouperJim

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 11:47 - Jun 30 by BonneNIL

I see a massive issue, insomuch as all west ham fans are massive c-units.

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 12:26 - Jun 30 with 1298 viewsunstableblue

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 10:57 - Jun 30 by SitfcB

West Ham have been given 1700 tickets, assume they’re in Cobbold upper.

I assumed from the press release Cobbold was completely closed, but perhaps just open for visitors?

They’ll definitely sell the 1700 that’s on sale on their ticketing website

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 12:28 - Jun 30 with 1281 viewsTractorCam

They're in the Cobbold like usual.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 12:42 - Jun 30 with 1227 viewsSouperJim

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 12:28 - Jun 30 by TractorCam

They're in the Cobbold like usual.

"only the upper tier of the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand, the lower tier of the Sir Bobby Robson Stand and all areas of the Magnus Group West Stand will be open"

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 12:44 - Jun 30 with 1214 viewshillbillies

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 12:42 - Jun 30 by SouperJim

"only the upper tier of the Sir Alf Ramsey Stand, the lower tier of the Sir Bobby Robson Stand and all areas of the Magnus Group West Stand will be open"

And that was posted on the Ipswich site, hence it’s directed at Ipswich fans. Their in the Cobbold as usual, like Millwall & Crystal Palace fans were last pre-season when the Cobbold wasn’t open to Ipswich fans.
Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 12:45 - Jun 30 with 1207 viewsSouperJim

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 12:44 - Jun 30 by hillbillies

And that was posted on the Ipswich site, hence it’s directed at Ipswich fans. Their in the Cobbold as usual, like Millwall & Crystal Palace fans were last pre-season when the Cobbold wasn’t open to Ipswich fans.

Seems strange to add the explaination "With building work ongoing at Portman Road" then?

Looks like you're right based on the seating plan via the tickets website tho. Seems strange that the lower cobbold can be open but not the lower alf.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 12:47]

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 15:27 - Jun 30 with 1030 viewsSitfcB

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 12:42 - Jun 30 by SouperJim

For home fans yeah.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 13:56 - Jul 1 with 727 viewsLeaky

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 12:15 - Jun 30 by SouperJim

I see a massive issue, insomuch as all west ham fans are massive c-units.

Well a mate of mine's West Ham Season ticket holder & he's not a massive c-unit. so you may need to edit the all part of your post.
Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 17:01 - Jul 1 with 593 viewsIpswichKnight

It’s a pre season friendly they never sell out.
Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 17:13 - Jul 1 with 565 viewsDubtractor

Away fans at West Ham game? Surely a sell out? on 13:56 - Jul 1 by Leaky

Well a mate of mine's West Ham Season ticket holder & he's not a massive c-unit. so you may need to edit the all part of your post.

I'll actually be bringing a West Ham fan with me, sitting in the home area.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024