Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine being a football fan and ever thinking 19:21 - Jul 14 with 776 viewsBluefish

that Pennington or Wilson were better than Chambers

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Imagine being a football fan and ever thinking on 20:06 - Jul 14 with 728 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Pennington not for me at all, Wilson a stopper at best, Chambers is ok.

Neither are good enough to partner Woolfenden.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 20:27]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Imagine being a football fan and ever thinking on 20:11 - Jul 14 with 715 viewsHerbivore

Pennington was shocking here. Some people rated him for some reason that I could never quite fathom.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Imagine being a football fan and ever thinking on 20:14 - Jul 14 with 707 viewsSteve_M

Imagine being a football fan and ever thinking on 20:11 - Jul 14 by Herbivore

Pennington was shocking here. Some people rated him for some reason that I could never quite fathom.

I wouldn’t say shocking, on the whole he was decent enough but he went through a long spell of costing us a goal a game. And that in the critical period over the Winter when we might have been able to pick up enough points to be competitive.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Imagine being a football fan and ever thinking on 20:20 - Jul 14 with 685 viewsHerbivore

Imagine being a football fan and ever thinking on 20:14 - Jul 14 by Steve_M

I wouldn’t say shocking, on the whole he was decent enough but he went through a long spell of costing us a goal a game. And that in the critical period over the Winter when we might have been able to pick up enough points to be competitive.

I'd say as a CB costing your side a goal a game over an extended period would count as shocking. He would make the odd last ditch tackle and people seemed to like that, but mostly he was making that tackle because he'd been woefully out of position to begin with. I couldn't see it with him at all.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Imagine being a football fan and ever thinking on 20:23 - Jul 14 with 680 viewsITFC_Forever

Imagine being a football fan and ever thinking on 20:11 - Jul 14 by Herbivore

Pennington is one of the most overrated loans we’ve had. Costing your side a goal a game is not good, despite the odd heroic tackle.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Imagine being a football fan and ever thinking on 20:25 - Jul 14 with 663 viewsLankHenners

Imagine being a football fan and ever thinking on 20:23 - Jul 14 by ITFC_Forever

Pennington is one of the most overrated loans we’ve had. Costing your side a goal a game is not good, despite the odd heroic tackle.

Especially as said heroic tackle was almost always because he'd given the ball away or got caught out of position in the first place.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Imagine being a football fan and ever thinking on 20:34 - Jul 14 with 598 views66notout

Imagine being a football fan and ever thinking on 20:25 - Jul 14 by LankHenners

Especially as said heroic tackle was almost always because he'd given the ball away or got caught out of position in the first place.

Penners was withdrawn tonight at half-time with his team trailing 7-0.
Imagine being a football fan and ever thinking on 20:37 - Jul 14 with 582 viewshampstead_blue

has that idea ever been floated?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

Imagine being a football fan and ever thinking on 20:38 - Jul 14 with 579 viewsjudespiveyg

I actually didn't mind Pennington, it's the classic mistake that fans make that because a player isn't elegant (Pennington, Kenlock, Chalobah) it automatically makes them dreadful. Sure none of them were great, but they have serviceable amounts of talent to have a place in the side. Also don't think it helped Pennington that we also had Nsiala, Spence and Donacien getting inexplicable amounts of game time.

As for Wilson he's okay, obviously not as good as Chambers but was fine in the middle of a back three allowing Chambers and Wolf to attack. Limited technical ability but no nonsense and honestly just a player who has found his level, average League One.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024