Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Lowe? 14:16 - Feb 24 with 3589 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would you take him?

Unbelievable job given circumstances at Bury, doing a good job at Plymouth, 4th in the league, only 4 points splitting the top four.

I know it is hypothetical, and someone will say "we already have a manager".

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Ryan Lowe? on 15:49 - Feb 24 with 1038 viewsHerbivore

Ryan Lowe? on 15:24 - Feb 24 by kizaitfc

Are Keane, Judge and Norwood on more than Chambers and Skuse maybe even Sears is still on more?

£500k for KVY was a great price

Your obsession with Mick and having to mention him in every comment related to my posts is odd, yes you are correct he was a good manager. You cannot say he would have walked this league however because noone can know that for sure especially with the current crop of players.

My point with PLs signings is, it wasnt the signing that has disappointed it is the players, any team in this league would have loved to have signed these players

I imagine they're on at least as much as those players, bearing in mind they all took a big wage cut following relegation.

I think I can say fairly safely that Mick would have walked this league (though he wouldn't have taken us down here in the first place) as he is a competent manager that would have made our squad greater than the sum of its parts.

You're right that most other sides would love to have some of the talent we've got, which rather begs the question why it is that our manager can't get a tune out of them? If we were looking at another side in this league that spent what we spent and that has the squad we have we'd be shaking our heads trying to work out how they aren't even in the top 6.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ryan Lowe? on 15:50 - Feb 24 with 1036 viewskizaitfc

Ryan Lowe? on 15:45 - Feb 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

Keane/Judge/Chambers/Sears/Skuse - I am not saying they are a problem, but are they are not the players we should be buying. They are not dynamic, exciting, attacking footballers, they are solid, seasoned average footballers who take hefty wages, and that is reflected on the pitch.

500k for KVY, I'm pulling my hair out, genuinely pulling my hair out, there is a market for us to build this club!
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 15:45]

I'd completely agree with the 5 to an extent, however you do need experience, and I thought Judge would be a great playmaker in a young side.

the other 4 not needed going forwards IMO

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Ryan Lowe? on 15:52 - Feb 24 with 1034 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Ryan Lowe? on 15:45 - Feb 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

Keane/Judge/Chambers/Sears/Skuse - I am not saying they are a problem, but are they are not the players we should be buying. They are not dynamic, exciting, attacking footballers, they are solid, seasoned average footballers who take hefty wages, and that is reflected on the pitch.

500k for KVY, I'm pulling my hair out, genuinely pulling my hair out, there is a market for us to build this club!
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 15:45]

80% of the players in this division are available for peanuts and would absolutely LOVE to play for us.

Aside from Sunderland and Pompey we are the biggest club. Three teams that get around 20,000 whilst the rest get 2,000 - 10,000.

Even next year it could be Luton, Wigan and Barnsley. All much smaller clubs.

We really have to capitalise and revamp the squad with top players at this level with a massive ceiling for improvement. It should be quite straightforward really given how many players at this level are regularly out of contract.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Ryan Lowe? on 15:53 - Feb 24 with 1029 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Ryan Lowe? on 15:52 - Feb 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

80% of the players in this division are available for peanuts and would absolutely LOVE to play for us.

Aside from Sunderland and Pompey we are the biggest club. Three teams that get around 20,000 whilst the rest get 2,000 - 10,000.

Even next year it could be Luton, Wigan and Barnsley. All much smaller clubs.

We really have to capitalise and revamp the squad with top players at this level with a massive ceiling for improvement. It should be quite straightforward really given how many players at this level are regularly out of contract.

I'm reading everything you say today Warky thinking "god we're aligned with our thought process".

Ryan Lowe? on 15:53 - Feb 24 with 1029 viewsHerbivore

Ryan Lowe? on 15:50 - Feb 24 by kizaitfc

I'd completely agree with the 5 to an extent, however you do need experience, and I thought Judge would be a great playmaker in a young side.

Judge has been the least effective of those players (barring Sears, who is coming back from injury) but he's the one you'd keep? Lolz.

Ryan Lowe? on 15:53 - Feb 24 with 1027 viewsitfcjoe

Clubs don't just bin off all their senior players, there is a reason why.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ryan Lowe? on 15:54 - Feb 24 with 1023 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I'd keep Chambers on a purely leadership level, but not in consideration as a 46 game a season man.

Judge possibly. But I'd still have him behind El Mizouni and Bishop for the no.10 role.

Ryan Lowe? on 15:58 - Feb 24 with 1010 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Ryan Lowe? on 15:53 - Feb 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

I'm reading everything you say today Warky thinking "god we're aligned with our thought process".

Evans really needs to capitalise whilst we are a giant in this division before we get two years down the line as another club like Coventry or Blackpool that now gets 10,000 and used to be in the Premier League.

As it stands we should be able to sign the best young player from each of the bottom 11 clubs, probably spend no more than £2m - £3m in the process (money we will get back in the summer by selling Wolf or Downes no doubt) and improve the starting line up quite a bit. If only two of those players goes on to be a top player in this side and division they will move up a level and go for a fee that made all 11 signings financially worthwhile anyway.

Instead we will plod on with players like Keane, Judge and Skuse who probably can't get up for games week in week out against Lincoln and Rochdale when they've been at Man Utd, played in World Cup qualifiers or been in decent Championship sides.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 16:00]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Lowe? on 15:59 - Feb 24 with 1006 viewskizaitfc

Ryan Lowe? on 15:53 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

Judge has been the least effective of those players (barring Sears, who is coming back from injury) but he's the one you'd keep? Lolz.

Read the post again, it says "thought".

I still have the possibly stupidly optimistic hope that he turns the corner like he did against Burton and regularly becomes a key part of the squad.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Ryan Lowe? on 16:03 - Feb 24 with 998 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Ryan Lowe? on 15:58 - Feb 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Evans really needs to capitalise whilst we are a giant in this division before we get two years down the line as another club like Coventry or Blackpool that now gets 10,000 and used to be in the Premier League.

As it stands we should be able to sign the best young player from each of the bottom 11 clubs, probably spend no more than £2m - £3m in the process (money we will get back in the summer by selling Wolf or Downes no doubt) and improve the starting line up quite a bit. If only two of those players goes on to be a top player in this side and division they will move up a level and go for a fee that made all 11 signings financially worthwhile anyway.

Instead we will plod on with players like Keane, Judge and Skuse who probably can't get up for games week in week out against Lincoln and Rochdale when they've been at Man Utd, played in World Cup qualifiers or been in decent Championship sides.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 16:00]

100%

Would allow Skuse, Roberts, Rowe to leave.

Attempt to sell Nolan, Nsiala, Kenlock.

Forced to sell Downes, Woolfenden.

Then you need a rebuild, a structure, sensible rebuild with players that actually fit the profile of the way the club wants to go. Young, dynamic, exciting players cherry picked from the lower teams. If you sell Downes and Woolfenden you really could cherry pick the best at this level and League 2.

Ryan Lowe? on 16:10 - Feb 24 with 992 viewsHerbivore

Ryan Lowe? on 15:59 - Feb 24 by kizaitfc

Read the post again, it says "thought".

I still have the possibly stupidly optimistic hope that he turns the corner like he did against Burton and regularly becomes a key part of the squad.

You said you'd bin the other four, suggesting that he's the one you'd keep. He should be first in the bin.

Ryan Lowe? on 16:45 - Feb 24 with 972 viewsBlued

Ryan Lowe? on 15:07 - Feb 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

We've been buying the Keane/Judge mould for years now. Good players, but it just stinks of same old same old pros.

Where the dynamic/young/attacking footballer we want to see - Kane Vincent Young, came from the lowest level club (Col U), but is our best player.

I guarantee, if you want to build that model and structure at the club then there is a market that we could and should be able to compete in.

If we want to continue with these standard pros, who only ever perform against Accrington, Lincoln and Burton then unfortunately, an average League 1 team is what we will become.

Completely agree! Both Norwood and KVY were brilliant signings. Unfortunately, they've both been injured. I've said it for years...on an Evan's budget we have to have scouts shrewd enough to find the best prospects in the lower divisions. We're one of those lower division teams now, so it should be even easier to find performing players at this level.

As far as Lambert is concerned, the real worry for me is it seems like he's unable to motivate and prepare the players. Are the players just not up to it, or is Lambert to blame?
Ryan Lowe? on 16:49 - Feb 24 with 967 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Ryan Lowe? on 16:03 - Feb 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

100%

Would allow Skuse, Roberts, Rowe to leave.

Attempt to sell Nolan, Nsiala, Kenlock.

Forced to sell Downes, Woolfenden.

Then you need a rebuild, a structure, sensible rebuild with players that actually fit the profile of the way the club wants to go. Young, dynamic, exciting players cherry picked from the lower teams. If you sell Downes and Woolfenden you really could cherry pick the best at this level and League 2.

The regulars next season (who are already here) will be:

Holy
KVY
Nolan
Idris
Norwood
Keane

I still believe Garbutt would stay, so that is 4 first team regulars to find. 3 of which are centre backs!

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Ryan Lowe? on 16:52 - Feb 24 with 964 viewskizaitfc

Ryan Lowe? on 16:10 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

You said you'd bin the other four, suggesting that he's the one you'd keep. He should be first in the bin.

You have to give the player a chance, he has been in and out of the squad due to the rotational system for most of the season, and played out of position for half of most games

Ryan Lowe? on 16:54 - Feb 24 with 961 viewsHerbivore

Ryan Lowe? on 16:52 - Feb 24 by kizaitfc

You have to give the player a chance, he has been in and out of the squad due to the rotational system for most of the season, and played out of position for half of most games

He's been here a year and is clearly a shadow of the player he used to be. How much of a chance do you want to give him? Get rid. We've got promising youngsters to take his place in El Miz, Dobra and Lankester. He's a waste of money and is blocking players who could probably do a better job in his favoured role.

Ryan Lowe? on 16:54 - Feb 24 with 960 viewskizaitfc

Ryan Lowe? on 16:49 - Feb 24 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

The regulars next season (who are already here) will be:

Holy
KVY
Nolan
Idris
Norwood
Keane

I still believe Garbutt would stay, so that is 4 first team regulars to find. 3 of which are centre backs!

Where's Jackson going?

I can see us signing Earl also

Ryan Lowe? on 17:07 - Feb 24 with 950 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Ryan Lowe? on 16:54 - Feb 24 by kizaitfc

Where's Jackson going?

I can see us signing Earl also

Earl is a good point, I think Jackson will end up at a lower championship club or Peterborough (if promoted).

His stats for goal contribution and general pace will see him picked up by another club

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Ryan Lowe? on 17:11 - Feb 24 with 946 viewskizaitfc

Ryan Lowe? on 17:07 - Feb 24 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

Earl is a good point, I think Jackson will end up at a lower championship club or Peterborough (if promoted).

His stats for goal contribution and general pace will see him picked up by another club

I'd imagine we wouldn't be letting him go for cheap though, so that may put a few of lower championship off, bit like Millwall with Bart.

Can see Judge moving back to London somewhere and Edwards possibly returning to Peterborough too if they get promoted.

My worry is with staying down and rebuilding outlook is we lose our best 2 players in Downes and Wolf and then have to almost start the squad from scratch having the same problem as last summer with trying to blend a squad together

Ryan Lowe? on 18:24 - Feb 24 with 927 viewsBlueBadger

Ryan Lowe? on 14:38 - Feb 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

"We should really have been targeting outstanding performers at this level from the smaller clubs who are out of contract in the summer and picking them up for peanuts. Could easily have added 3 or 4 players for £100,000 each rather than Rochdale or Accrington losing them for nothing in July"

This over and over again, I am kicking and screaming for this sort of approach, begging for it. We will never be a club with mass spending under Evans, but the purse strings have to be loosened ever so slightly for these kind of lower league talents, otherwise where is the hope or ambition for fans?
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 14:57]

Sadly, it was exact approach which relegated us.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ryan Lowe? on 18:33 - Feb 24 with 918 viewsReuser_is_God

Give it Joe Sheehan.

He’s used to working with a bunch of fannies.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024