Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) 14:04 - Mar 11 with 13974 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 08:10 - Mar 12 with 3104 viewsGeoffSentence

I think you have to first sign a rubbish fan* disclaimer.

*note this is not the view of Mr GeoffSentence, who is merely repeating the opinion of wiser heads on the board.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 08:17 - Mar 12 with 3083 viewsHerbivore

I'll happily pay double to not have to go.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 08:20 - Mar 12 with 3078 viewsHullblue

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 01:12 - Mar 12 by J2BLUE

The Premier League by Basuco 6 Mar 2020 19:28
Their most recent accounts show cash in bank at over £1.5 billion "cash at bank and in hand", and still they starve the EFL of a fair distribution of TV income. Premier League greed just get greater and greater. Source Keiran Maguire price of football, well worth following on twitter.

It would be a wonderful gesture from Premier League to cover any lost revenue from the final games. I would imagine they could bail out the Chanpionship down to the national league north and south and still get change from £50m. Obviously they have no obligation to do so but it would be a nice football solidarity story.

With that said I am not expecting a refund and won’t be asking for one either.

That’s a nice idea. My only hope is that it would be the Premier League as a whole rather than individual clubs, because if Norwich have to bail us out that would really be the cherry-shaped poop on top of the crap cake that has been the last 18 years.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 09:46 - Mar 12 with 3013 viewsFifeITFC

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 08:17 - Mar 12 by Herbivore

I'll happily pay double to not have to go.

There's nothing stopping you doing that, that makes Marcus Evans very happy.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 10:25 - Mar 12 with 2995 viewsSuperfrans

Discounts on next season, I'd expect...

Although, the EFL will have to give guidelines - all the clubs will have to agree a united approach. It's hard to imagine what a mess will be created if some clubs refund, others offer future discounts, others don't offer anything. It would be a nightmare and a disaster for customer relations. Can you imagine the whinging. It will be off the scale.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:01 - Mar 12 with 2973 viewsIpswich_Crazy

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:15 - Mar 11 by Reuser_is_God

You don't get one & rightly so.

Do you have a season ticket?

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:02 - Mar 12 with 2970 viewsjonbull88

I hope either a refund or money off next season. A see a lot of comments of suck it up, but why should we really. Bury game fair enough, but with 5 more potentially that’s £85 I’ve spent for nothing. For me atm I will not pay £333 next season anyway. Nothing this season makes me want to and if they don’t do anything regarding these games I won’t renew.
How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:13 - Mar 12 with 2954 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:02 - Mar 12 by jonbull88

I hope either a refund or money off next season. A see a lot of comments of suck it up, but why should we really. Bury game fair enough, but with 5 more potentially that’s £85 I’ve spent for nothing. For me atm I will not pay £333 next season anyway. Nothing this season makes me want to and if they don’t do anything regarding these games I won’t renew.

Maybe because it's a global pandemic, people you know of will likely die, people you care about will probably suffer significant financial loss and you're worrying about getting a few quid back.

This is completely unprecedented in modern times. The last thing on my mind is whether I'll get a refund for not being there to see us draw 0-0 with Southend.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Login to get fewer ads

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:31 - Mar 12 with 2928 viewsjonbull88

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:13 - Mar 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Maybe because it's a global pandemic, people you know of will likely die, people you care about will probably suffer significant financial loss and you're worrying about getting a few quid back.

This is completely unprecedented in modern times. The last thing on my mind is whether I'll get a refund for not being there to see us draw 0-0 with Southend.

Might be the last thing on your mind, but I’m self employed, I don’t work I don’t get paid, something if there is a lock down here might be a reality. So I’m sorry if it annoys you that I want to know if I will get a refund, but to possibly have to pay for something i don’t get anything for stinks, especially if I’m not working.
How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:33 - Mar 12 with 2924 viewsReuser_is_God

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:01 - Mar 12 by Ipswich_Crazy

Do you have a season ticket?

Yes.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:35 - Mar 12 with 2917 viewsjeera

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:31 - Mar 12 by jonbull88

Might be the last thing on your mind, but I’m self employed, I don’t work I don’t get paid, something if there is a lock down here might be a reality. So I’m sorry if it annoys you that I want to know if I will get a refund, but to possibly have to pay for something i don’t get anything for stinks, especially if I’m not working.

Fully understand this and don't know why some people always want to be dicks about it when this stuff comes up.

They assume everyone is in the same situation as them, whereas for some the reality may be that bit of money might be the difference between being able to pay some bills or not.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:38 - Mar 12 with 2909 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:31 - Mar 12 by jonbull88

I sympathise.

However, you are a customer of the club and it isn't their fault you can't attend. They are acting on government advice in unprecedented times.

Out of interest, if you have taken money for your business and now cannot honour something and can't pay them back because of this, what will you be doing to try and ensure you reimburse them? It also won't be your fault.

I'd assume that effectively it all moves down the chain. If you've taken money from someone to do a job and they have to call it off due to be locked down for example, would you feel that you had to give that money back if you were making a loss yourself by not being able to replace that job?

I appreciate you and a lot of others will be in difficulty but if your business acts remotely similar to the club will you be doing the 'right' thing so to speak if you can't afford to? The club could be in the same position if they aren't compensated by the authorities, who presumably are under no obligation to do so.

Even if ITFC (or Evan) can afford to reimburse us, they may have to stand together with other clubs whose existence would be threatened. Nobody knows. Unprecedented like I say.

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:46 - Mar 12 with 2897 viewsjeera

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:38 - Mar 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I sympathise.

However, you are a customer of the club and it isn't their fault you can't attend. They are acting on government advice in unprecedented times.

Out of interest, if you have taken money for your business and now cannot honour something and can't pay them back because of this, what will you be doing to try and ensure you reimburse them? It also won't be your fault.

I'd assume that effectively it all moves down the chain. If you've taken money from someone to do a job and they have to call it off due to be locked down for example, would you feel that you had to give that money back if you were making a loss yourself by not being able to replace that job?

I appreciate you and a lot of others will be in difficulty but if your business acts remotely similar to the club will you be doing the 'right' thing so to speak if you can't afford to? The club could be in the same position if they aren't compensated by the authorities, who presumably are under no obligation to do so.

Even if ITFC (or Evan) can afford to reimburse us, they may have to stand together with other clubs whose existence would be threatened. Nobody knows. Unprecedented like I say.

How about just agreeing with the guy instead of all the gymnastics?

His point is perfectly valid so give it a rest.

Fault or not, if the product he's paid for is no longer on offer then he has every right to ask.

You'd assume the club will have its own insurances.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:54 - Mar 12 with 2884 viewsJ2BLUE

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:38 - Mar 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I sympathise.

It would be interesting to see your response if you had booked a luxury holiday for the end of the month. Would you take the same stance?

I think you're trying a little too hard here. You're basically arguing that he shouldn't want money back because the club needs it. Well so does he. The worst thing that will happen if the club has to take the hit is we'll sell someone, Evans will reduce the transfer budget to zero or Lambert won't be sacked to save the pay off. All quite minor in the grand scheme of things. We really should not be having a go at people who don't want to pay for something they won't receive in a time of reduced income. Does everyone on direct debit pay their final installment on the 1st April knowing it won't be to attend the actual games?

It's not black and white. Lets have less super fan stuff and more understanding of exactly how much of a crisis this is.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:56 - Mar 12 with 2881 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Hopefully most people won't be bothered.

Feel for the people who haven't missed a game in however many years.
How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:56 - Mar 12 with 2877 viewscarlisleaway

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:46 - Mar 12 by jeera

How about just agreeing with the guy instead of all the gymnastics?

His point is perfectly valid so give it a rest.

Fault or not, if the product he's paid for is no longer on offer then he has every right to ask.

You'd assume the club will have its own insurances.

As a season ticket holder I do not expect anything back from the club and why should we. Look at the bigger picture of how this disease is hitting individuals and companies financially ..... Then we get people on this board asking for a refund, take a good look at yourself and think at least I am healthy and can look forward to the future, promotion to the Championship has just been put on hold for another season.
How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 12:19 - Mar 12 with 2828 viewsjonbull88

I sympathise.

Being a farmer we have contracts to honour. If we can’t work and can’t get the stuff in the ground then we will use our insurance to either bring in a product to fill the contract or buy ourselves out of the contract. We don’t just say sorry ba can’t do that so bye bye like your think ITFC should do.

I do more than enough for itfc through buying my season ticket, as I fully know I will miss 5-6 games a season through either work and family things etc. I carry on buying my ticket as I want to support the club, is it so bad to hope they look after us loyal fans.
How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 12:39 - Mar 12 with 2786 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:54 - Mar 12 by J2BLUE

It would be interesting to see your response if you had booked a luxury holiday for the end of the month. Would you take the same stance?

I think you're trying a little too hard here. You're basically arguing that he shouldn't want money back because the club needs it. Well so does he. The worst thing that will happen if the club has to take the hit is we'll sell someone, Evans will reduce the transfer budget to zero or Lambert won't be sacked to save the pay off. All quite minor in the grand scheme of things. We really should not be having a go at people who don't want to pay for something they won't receive in a time of reduced income. Does everyone on direct debit pay their final installment on the 1st April knowing it won't be to attend the actual games?

It's not black and white. Lets have less super fan stuff and more understanding of exactly how much of a crisis this is.

I've lost £300 already, a lot of money for me, on a conference for which there is a suggestion that won't be refundable.

So yes I need the money back, but ultimately the conference have also paid for things for the conference, so if they refund me, they are out of pocket and on it goes up / down the chain.

Incredibly annoying and it's not even really kicked off yet. We are all going to be financially affected to varying degrees.

At the moment though I'm worried about elderly relatives, friends and family. Money isn't really on my mind right now, when it's money I would have spent anyway and what I have lost is the knowledge gained or in the case of ITFC, 90 minutes of entertainment.

This is money people were planning to spend. The loss is not a financial one. It's a loss of enjoyment which I do feel you have to suck up when people in the world are dying.

It is different to people that now lose money from work. That's money you expected that you have lost and that's a problem. Money you have spent or would have spent which now becomes a loss of enjoyment I am far less concerned about.

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 12:40 - Mar 12 with 2780 viewsReuser_is_God

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:56 - Mar 12 by PrideOfTheEast

Hopefully most people won't be bothered.

Feel for the people who haven't missed a game in however many years.

although if the stadium isn't open then technically you haven't missed the game.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 12:41 - Mar 12 with 2778 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 12:19 - Mar 12 by jonbull88

Being a farmer we have contracts to honour. If we can’t work and can’t get the stuff in the ground then we will use our insurance to either bring in a product to fill the contract or buy ourselves out of the contract. We don’t just say sorry ba can’t do that so bye bye like your think ITFC should do.

I do more than enough for itfc through buying my season ticket, as I fully know I will miss 5-6 games a season through either work and family things etc. I carry on buying my ticket as I want to support the club, is it so bad to hope they look after us loyal fans.

Losing money you were expecting to receive through work is crap and I sympathise.

Not getting money back you were going to spend or have spent, for which you'll get to watch on iFollow is not something I feel is important in the grand scheme of a pandemic.

It's a loss of enjoyment, not a financial loss and if anything you'll save on travel costs.

Paying for something willingly that isn't what you hoped is not the same as losing money you need or had budgeted for.

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 13:00 - Mar 12 with 2743 viewslazyblue

You seriously can not be worried about season ticket refunds when more serious matters going on!
How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 13:47 - Mar 12 with 2700 viewscarlisleaway

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 13:00 - Mar 12 by lazyblue

You seriously can not be worried about season ticket refunds when more serious matters going on!

Everybody worries about money, surely board members would be more upset if you picked up the virus watching a game at Portman Road.
How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:26 - Mar 12 with 2662 viewsFifeITFC

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:35 - Mar 12 by jeera

Fully understand this and don't know why some people always want to be dicks about it when this stuff comes up.

They assume everyone is in the same situation as them, whereas for some the reality may be that bit of money might be the difference between being able to pay some bills or not.

Using your service paragraph, if the games went ahead, you would be attending anyway regardless (plus spending more on the day). It wouldn't affect the "bills" you had to pay as that money would already have been committed to watching the games. If they were on, you wouldn't be berating that particular money for paying bills.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:30 - Mar 12 with 2639 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:26 - Mar 12 by FifeITFC

Using your service paragraph, if the games went ahead, you would be attending anyway regardless (plus spending more on the day). It wouldn't affect the "bills" you had to pay as that money would already have been committed to watching the games. If they were on, you wouldn't be berating that particular money for paying bills.

Exactly my point Fife. Thank you.

If a dog sitter loses £400 next week because everyone is at home to look after their own dogs, that's a massive issue for them and they have my sympathy.

It's a world away from having already budgeted for and committed to spending £20 to go a football match that you then cannot attend. You'd have spent this money anyway. You are no worse off other than having lost the opportunity to enjoy the match.

The two are totally separate. Money not coming in and not doing something for the money you were already prepared to spend.

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:44 - Mar 12 with 2611 viewsjonbull88

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:26 - Mar 12 by FifeITFC

The main point being the money is being spent but receiving nothing back. In any other aspect you wouldn’t just hand over money would you? If I wanted to watch on ifollow I’d pay £10 a game and do so.

Due to the current issues, the season at home could be finished for us fans, we’ve paid/agreed to pay for 5 more games, at £15/game it’s not just a “few quid” to some. I know some have compared holidays, but I’d prefer a meal, if you prepaid for a group meal, only for you to turn up and say sorry were closed tonight, would you and your group not want a refund? Or would you just say to your group “we have to suck it up”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024