Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit 00:52 - Sep 30 with 5217 viewsCaptMickMills

Challenging but fair questions asked after Bolton game put Cook on the spot.

His reaction last night to same interviewer was petty and uncalled for. Perhaps it is indicative of the pressure that Cook has been feeling but not impressed. Interviewer doing his job.

I am still supportive of Cook but disappointed by this interview which doesn't put Cook or Town in a good light.
Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 16:22 - Sep 30 with 1456 viewsitfcjoe

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 16:18 - Sep 30 by abracaDOBRA_

One of the EADT guys on their latest pod (whom I assume was there in person) also seemed pretty unimpressed with the interviewer. I think it could of been in the tone he was asking the questions

Yep, Andy had mentioned it previously, think guy just carried on when interview had come to a natural end from what I've heard - personally just think it is up to highly paid managers to rise above it as they need to remember they are talking to the fans not the journalists.

I don't think this guy is at PR much anyway so won't be an ongoing big deal no doubt

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 16:27 - Sep 30 with 1440 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 16:22 - Sep 30 by itfcjoe

Yep, Andy had mentioned it previously, think guy just carried on when interview had come to a natural end from what I've heard - personally just think it is up to highly paid managers to rise above it as they need to remember they are talking to the fans not the journalists.

I don't think this guy is at PR much anyway so won't be an ongoing big deal no doubt

Yeah fair enough but guess we are all human, probably stuck in his head more than normal after the week he had prior. His interview club was chirpy at least!
Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 16:50 - Sep 30 with 1403 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 11:31 - Sep 30 by Bluefish

It shows he is feeling the pressure badly. No matter how much some supporters dress it up as not concerning it is simple he has to take us up this season or he has spectacularly failed. A very big win has made a big difference in running the belief around but Cook will know he has no lifelines left so is probably desperate for media support

Do you not like Paul Cook? You've not mentioned it before.
Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 16:58 - Sep 30 with 1389 viewsDarth_Koont

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 16:50 - Sep 30 by have_a_word_with_him

Self-proclaimed superfans were bad enough but the new supercritics are even worse. Always looking to be the one that “calls it” first.

It’s very odd.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 16:58]

Pronouns: He/Him

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 17:08 - Sep 30 with 1354 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Very good from Cook to give it back to him. Not only was Cook devastated after 2-5 defeat he had also lost his father prior to that and that p**ck tried to destroy him in that interview after the Bolton game. Little wonder then that Cook shows no respect to him.
Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 17:22 - Sep 30 with 1331 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I think wherever you stand on PC's responses to the interviewers questions, the thing is in not giving the interviewer the responses he wanted, PC has totally given him the interview he wanted.

The fact that we're all on here talking about is testament to that.

If Cook had gone with the sort of cliched media savvy responses you'd expect from that sort of interview, 'Great game for the fans...good to see the lads doing it on the pitch...hard on Donnie...Lee's been great in training...always give 100% blah, blah, blah...' the interview would probably have never aired.

The fact that Cook did what he did probably made the interviewer's day. He gets the interview where Paul Cook takes it personally, it airs, everyone looks for it on social media...its the one that gets talked about, etc. Job done.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 17:39 - Sep 30 with 1314 viewsjayessess

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 17:08 - Sep 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

Very good from Cook to give it back to him. Not only was Cook devastated after 2-5 defeat he had also lost his father prior to that and that p**ck tried to destroy him in that interview after the Bolton game. Little wonder then that Cook shows no respect to him.

There's a bit of this reaction on Twitter too and gotta say, I don't really get it. Cook didn't like his tone in a previous interview and thought it was one negative question too many and therefore a bit belligerent this time, fine, it is what it is.

But I've no idea why it's "very good". It doesn't benefit the club in any way. It doesn't really benefit Cook. There's no reason to believe the journalist wanted to destroy him or has any agenda against him or the club whatsoever. And even if he did why give him the satisfaction of letting him know he's got under your skin?
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 17:40]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 19:15 - Sep 30 with 1247 viewsKropotkin123

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 11:31 - Sep 30 by Bluefish

It shows he is feeling the pressure badly. No matter how much some supporters dress it up as not concerning it is simple he has to take us up this season or he has spectacularly failed. A very big win has made a big difference in running the belief around but Cook will know he has no lifelines left so is probably desperate for media support

You recall when Villa went up to the premiership, they won maybe 10 games in a row. Something silly like that. I think if we only make the playoffs and lose. He'd need that kind of run, alongside a good style of play, to have a vote of confidence going into the next season.

Still plenty of time to make the top 2 and that should be our aim and expectation. We shouldn't backtrack on that. So, yeah, I kind of agree with you, but with that caveat.

As for the interview, just think people take them way too seriously. They can make good reads/listens/watches. But not going to have issues with them unless we get into a situation like last season with the players talking nonsense each week and Lambert being a ....

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 19:41 - Sep 30 with 1208 viewsCornishMariner

Seems a lot of fuss over nothing.
He doesn't seem to have a problem with the local journalists which are the ones that matter.

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 19:57 - Sep 30 with 1184 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Oh the poor interviewer... good grief you'll find anything to have a dig at our manager. The job of a football manager, I would suggest, is a little tougher than a hack filling column inches/airtime with provocative or benign questions. Added to that Paul Cook's personal circumstances at the time, and I think you should have a little look at yourself here bud.
Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 21:36 - Sep 30 with 1150 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 16:18 - Sep 30 by abracaDOBRA_

One of the EADT guys on their latest pod (whom I assume was there in person) also seemed pretty unimpressed with the interviewer. I think it could of been in the tone he was asking the questions

Agreed, in a nice way saying "that wannabe reporter is a jockey", which I would agree with by the way...
Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 22:59 - Sep 30 with 1107 viewschrismakin

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 15:53 - Sep 30 by itfcjoe

Spoke like what to him? It's hardly jeremy paxman there is it?!

"Paul, 6-0 tonight, you must be absolutely delighted with that?"

It was known that PC had lost his dad. It was known they were extremely close.

There is a time and a place to do things.
Yes the Bolton game was sht. But there's no need to go on.about coaching. Historic form etc when all PC would have wanted was to get into the dressing room. Get over the weekend. See his family and move on.

Some journos are great. Some are no better that the papz.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 23:06 - Sep 30 with 1104 viewsOsborneOneNil

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 17:08 - Sep 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

Exactly right.
Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 10:19 - Oct 1 with 998 viewsBluefish

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 16:50 - Sep 30 by have_a_word_with_him

I have never said I don't like Paul Cook

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 10:21 - Oct 1 with 993 viewsleitrimblue

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 10:19 - Oct 1 by Bluefish

I have never said I don't like Paul Cook

I have to confess i absolutely love Paul Cook
Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 10:25 - Oct 1 with 980 viewsBluefish

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 10:21 - Oct 1 by leitrimblue

I am completely indifferent about him. He replaced Shambert so should be a hero but I don't really work like that, they have to earn the love and as it stands he has done nothing to do so. The 6-0 win makes big strides but he has a lot to prove. I desperately want him to do so but it is very weird to equate that to disliking him

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 10:28 - Oct 1 with 970 viewsleitrimblue

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 10:21 - Oct 1 by leitrimblue

Sligo Rovers fan as well innit. Won me over years ago. Haven't trusted a manager as much as him since burley.
Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 10:30 - Oct 1 with 964 viewsleitrimblue

Cook's interview on Quest does him no credit on 10:25 - Oct 1 by Bluefish

I am completely indifferent about him. He replaced Shambert so should be a hero but I don't really work like that, they have to earn the love and as it stands he has done nothing to do so. The 6-0 win makes big strides but he has a lot to prove. I desperately want him to do so but it is very weird to equate that to disliking him

Never felt you disliked him. Completely agree that he as to earn the love off our supporter's. I'm just in a unique position of loving the man before he ever came here
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024