Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner 14:26 - Oct 18 with 17287 viewsMaySixth

when we do win a game under Cook there can be no bandwagon jumping or changing their minds

no coming back now though for those who have nailed their colours to the mast

[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 14:27]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 12:13 - Dec 5 with 1361 viewsDarth_Koont

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 12:10 - Dec 5 by timothyeo

Yep. Shocking that those with knowledge and experience in football see things the same way as uhh...me and plenty others.

Clearly a bit of hyperbole there. But Keaneish posted that just before Plymouth and Wycombe away where it certainly looked like we were turning a corner and becoming the side we needed to be.

Taking stuff out of context is pretty pathetic.

Pronouns: He/Him

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 12:14 - Dec 5 with 1362 viewsHerbivore

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 12:09 - Dec 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

Have you gone digging for this thread to have a bit of a gloat? Talk about tin pot.
He's gone. You were apparently right, and some of us were wrong.

Move on, I disagree with sacking him, but I have. Here's to hopefully better performances.

If you'd seen Keaneish's thread last night, you'd understand.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 12:29 - Dec 5 with 1315 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 12:14 - Dec 5 by Herbivore

If you'd seen Keaneish's thread last night, you'd understand.

I did. And multiple posters trying to score points off each other is still tinpot, and that goes for Keanish too.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 12:39 - Dec 5 with 1290 viewsHerbivore

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 12:29 - Dec 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

I did. And multiple posters trying to score points off each other is still tinpot, and that goes for Keanish too.

How many points did I get? I've never been sure how internet points work to be honest.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 13:11 - Dec 5 with 1228 viewsTractorCam

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 19:21 - Nov 5 by MaySixth

We know who you are.

Well don't you look silly, and I wasn't a "Cook outer".

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 16:57 - Dec 5 with 1099 viewstimothyeo

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 12:13 - Dec 5 by Darth_Koont

Clearly a bit of hyperbole there. But Keaneish posted that just before Plymouth and Wycombe away where it certainly looked like we were turning a corner and becoming the side we needed to be.

Taking stuff out of context is pretty pathetic.

Keaneish has also had a breakdown about Cook being sacked and sent me PMs saying its my fault hes gone so...
Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 17:25 - Dec 5 with 1066 viewsDarth_Koont

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 16:57 - Dec 5 by timothyeo

Keaneish has also had a breakdown about Cook being sacked and sent me PMs saying its my fault hes gone so...

He’s probably wrong about that. Of course, with remote owners they’re possibly following a lot of this online.

FWIW I don’t think those who have been banging the Cook Out drum loudest and earliest have been right either. And I’m not comfortable with changing Cook so early. I was looking forward to a better-resourced, ambitious but still patient club that could think about the long term.

Hopefully we still are and the Cook decision is part of that long-term view. But if we’re now in a cycle of sh1t or bust/hire and fire in League One and then in the Championship (where we’ll haemorrhage money just to stand still) then it will take the shine off this new era. For me anyway – I’m sure others may love that approach but personally I’n not a fan.

Pronouns: He/Him

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 19:40 - Dec 5 with 998 viewsMaySixth

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 17:25 - Dec 5 by Darth_Koont

He’s probably wrong about that. Of course, with remote owners they’re possibly following a lot of this online.

FWIW I don’t think those who have been banging the Cook Out drum loudest and earliest have been right either. And I’m not comfortable with changing Cook so early. I was looking forward to a better-resourced, ambitious but still patient club that could think about the long term.

Hopefully we still are and the Cook decision is part of that long-term view. But if we’re now in a cycle of sh1t or bust/hire and fire in League One and then in the Championship (where we’ll haemorrhage money just to stand still) then it will take the shine off this new era. For me anyway – I’m sure others may love that approach but personally I’n not a fan.

From fans around me booing home wins to owners not being complete with the truth, I hope we are not turning into one of "those" clubs.
Huge appointment coming up, not sure I trust them to get it right.
Charlton will be good Tue though

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Login to get fewer ads

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 19:51 - Dec 5 with 973 viewsChurchman

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 17:25 - Dec 5 by Darth_Koont

Fair comment. The owners have talked about identity, community and all sorts of other stuff. I’d like to know from Ashton if that was all a load of old PR spin, because at the moment we look a two bob lower league hire and fire minnow of a club. The more I think about it the less comfortable I am with it.

If they didn’t think Cook was a good fit, they should have been honest and paid him off in May. Maybe we will attract somebody with a better track record than Cook who can take us forward. We all hope so.
Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 20:08 - Dec 5 with 939 viewsblueasfook

Lol

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 00:06 - Apr 10 with 638 viewsNeedhamChris

Looks like it's the Chesterfield fans boxing themselves into a corner these days...

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=71226&st=0

Some very familiar criticisms here, the more time goes on the more it feels like he was massively overrated based on the support of a talented assistant manager at the time.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 00:57 - Apr 10 with 568 viewsTheBoyBlue

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 00:06 - Apr 10 by NeedhamChris

Looks like it's the Chesterfield fans boxing themselves into a corner these days...

Some very familiar criticisms here, the more time goes on the more it feels like he was massively overrated based on the support of a talented assistant manager at the time.

I wanted Cook to be given time and I can imagine he would've improved us this season, although I just can't imagine he could've improved us to the extent that McKenna has.

However, one of the last comments is one that stands out to me about giving it back to the fans. He seems to have a real problem with keeping his emotions in check when things aren't going well. That's fair enough, we're all passionate and I imagine really tough when you're getting the stick that managers get when things go bottoms up, but if as a manager you start dealing with fans, journalists, etc as he seems to at the first sign of trouble, its a real issue and harder to regain the authority you need as a manager.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 01:01 - Apr 10 with 562 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 00:06 - Apr 10 by NeedhamChris

This thread reminds me, what ever happened to timothyeo? Only ever seems to pop up when things aren't going so well.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 07:18 - Apr 10 with 449 viewsSwansea_Blue

Everyone who has gone Cook Out has boxed themselves into a corner on 00:57 - Apr 10 by TheBoyBlue

I wanted Cook to be given time and I can imagine he would've improved us this season, although I just can't imagine he could've improved us to the extent that McKenna has.

However, one of the last comments is one that stands out to me about giving it back to the fans. He seems to have a real problem with keeping his emotions in check when things aren't going well. That's fair enough, we're all passionate and I imagine really tough when you're getting the stick that managers get when things go bottoms up, but if as a manager you start dealing with fans, journalists, etc as he seems to at the first sign of trouble, its a real issue and harder to regain the authority you need as a manager.

He’s an old school lower league manager by temperament (and ability imo). I’m not sure what so many people in our fan base saw in him, and still do in some cases.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024