Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Police confirm they have given up 07:39 - Oct 17 with 26146 viewsblue_oyster

We will now be left to fight the evils of everyday crime on our own, as the police have finally confirmed what they have been doing for years -- ignoring the millions of crimes committed on our streets, leaving the old and vulnerable even more exposed and ensuring that our once civil society is over. Now they can justify even more their reasons for standing around with machine guns to 'protect us from terrorism'. What has gone wrong?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/16/low-level-crimes-to-go-uninvesti

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Police confirm they have given up on 17:52 - Oct 17 with 4707 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I think what we need is homeowners to have guns to act as a deterrent?

Joke
Police confirm they have given up on 19:00 - Oct 17 with 4686 viewsblue_oyster

Police confirm they have given up on 17:23 - Oct 17 by Darth_Koont

Oh dear.

Whether petty crime is prioritized by police or more importantly the government that forces them to prioritize through limited funding, it's not about conflating meanings of words in order to create your "point".

Petty just means a lesser category of CRIME compared to ooh, I don't know rape, murder, violent assault, armed robbery etc.

Police in recent record numbers have ignored this for a long time. Nothing to do with cuts.

Police confirm they have given up on 19:07 - Oct 17 with 4678 viewsDarth_Koont

Police confirm they have given up on 19:00 - Oct 17 by blue_oyster

Police in recent record numbers have ignored this for a long time. Nothing to do with cuts.

How do you know it's nothing to do with cuts? Or funding in general?

The type and complexity of crime has risen across the board even if the overall incidence may be down. But that still demands more funding not the same or less. If not, then the police need to prioritize more serious crimes.

Same increase in the type and complexity of treatments has done similar to the NHS as well. Funding has even risen but still nothing like keeping pace. That's why they've had to cut back on less voter-friendly care like mental health ... leaving the police among others to pick up much of the burden.

Pronouns: He/Him

Police confirm they have given up on 19:36 - Oct 17 with 4661 viewsblue_oyster

Police confirm they have given up on 19:07 - Oct 17 by Darth_Koont

How do you know it's nothing to do with cuts? Or funding in general?

The type and complexity of crime has risen across the board even if the overall incidence may be down. But that still demands more funding not the same or less. If not, then the police need to prioritize more serious crimes.

Same increase in the type and complexity of treatments has done similar to the NHS as well. Funding has even risen but still nothing like keeping pace. That's why they've had to cut back on less voter-friendly care like mental health ... leaving the police among others to pick up much of the burden.

We can only look at the facts. Crime much lower when a smaller police force was doing its job properly. Crime has steadily risen despite much larger force failing to prevent crime.

Police confirm they have given up on 19:40 - Oct 17 with 4658 viewsDarth_Koont

Police confirm they have given up on 19:36 - Oct 17 by blue_oyster

We can only look at the facts. Crime much lower when a smaller police force was doing its job properly. Crime has steadily risen despite much larger force failing to prevent crime.

Are you really saying that the increasing scope and complexity of police work isn't a fact?!!

Also, purely as a matter of interest, which two moments in time are you comparing? Then we can look at the actual stats instead.

Pronouns: He/Him

Police confirm they have given up on 20:09 - Oct 17 with 4643 viewsWeWereZombies

Police confirm they have given up on 19:36 - Oct 17 by blue_oyster

You are going to have to back that up with numbers, given your record we cannot just accept some vague notion that has no stated time periods to measure between.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Police confirm they have given up on 20:18 - Oct 17 with 4636 viewsnorth_stand77

Police confirm they have given up on 11:27 - Oct 17 by blue_oyster

Try and prevent crime by patrols. Very effective, and they've deliberately stopped doing this.

No. This is NOT the way police officers want to do their job. They are under funded by the government, consequently under staffed, over worked and disillusioned. As already pointed out, officers are having to spend the majority of their time attending trivial 'Facebook' crime, domestic disputes and crimes such as cyber crime, which didn't even exist years ago.

Suffolk as an example, have cut staffing levels to the bone with hundreds less officers than in years gone by. This makes it very difficult for old fashioned but effective 'roving' patrols.

Don't blame police officers who are doing an extremely difficult job, you might be grateful for them one day. Blame the government and spending cuts.
Police confirm they have given up on 20:57 - Oct 17 with 4611 viewsblue_oyster

Police confirm they have given up on 20:18 - Oct 17 by north_stand77

No. This is NOT the way police officers want to do their job. They are under funded by the government, consequently under staffed, over worked and disillusioned. As already pointed out, officers are having to spend the majority of their time attending trivial 'Facebook' crime, domestic disputes and crimes such as cyber crime, which didn't even exist years ago.

Suffolk as an example, have cut staffing levels to the bone with hundreds less officers than in years gone by. This makes it very difficult for old fashioned but effective 'roving' patrols.

Don't blame police officers who are doing an extremely difficult job, you might be grateful for them one day. Blame the government and spending cuts.

I'm well aware that the police don't want to patrol. They stopped doing it a long time ago, without any change in legislation, and with record numbers. So the cuts argument doesn't wash I'm afraid. The police have changed through their own choice.

Login to get fewer ads

Police confirm they have given up on 21:06 - Oct 17 with 4605 viewseireblue

Police confirm they have given up on 20:57 - Oct 17 by blue_oyster

I'm well aware that the police don't want to patrol. They stopped doing it a long time ago, without any change in legislation, and with record numbers. So the cuts argument doesn't wash I'm afraid. The police have changed through their own choice.

Police confirm they have given up on 21:13 - Oct 17 with 4596 viewsnorth_stand77

Police confirm they have given up on 20:57 - Oct 17 by blue_oyster

Think you misunderstood , that's exactly what they want to do - general patrol and investigate crime.
Not sure why you are so angry at police officers, they are doing their best with poor resources
Police confirm they have given up on 21:16 - Oct 17 with 4590 viewsSpruceMoose

Police confirm they have given up on 21:13 - Oct 17 by north_stand77

Think you misunderstood , that's exactly what they want to do - general patrol and investigate crime.
Not sure why you are so angry at police officers, they are doing their best with poor resources

He's not angry. He's just on a wind up. He's a slow burning troll. That's his shtick.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Police confirm they have given up on 21:25 - Oct 17 with 4576 viewsnorth_stand77

Police confirm they have given up on 21:16 - Oct 17 by SpruceMoose

He's not angry. He's just on a wind up. He's a slow burning troll. That's his shtick.

In that case, he's a bit sad then.
Police confirm they have given up on 21:26 - Oct 17 with 4571 viewsBackToRussia

Police confirm they have given up on 21:25 - Oct 17 by north_stand77

In that case, he's a bit sad then.

I read your post in the same way oyster did. It's not very clearly written.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Police confirm they have given up on 21:32 - Oct 17 with 4560 viewsnorth_stand77

Police confirm they have given up on 21:26 - Oct 17 by BackToRussia

I read your post in the same way oyster did. It's not very clearly written.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, my point was that he said that police officers had deliberately stopped patrolling. They haven't, it is a government decision via cuts.
Police confirm they have given up on 21:34 - Oct 17 with 4557 viewsBackToRussia

Police confirm they have given up on 21:32 - Oct 17 by north_stand77

Sorry if I wasn't clear, my point was that he said that police officers had deliberately stopped patrolling. They haven't, it is a government decision via cuts.

Well logically oyster's argument is right if they reduced patrols pre cuts.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Police confirm they have given up on 21:37 - Oct 17 with 4550 viewsnorth_stand77

Police confirm they have given up on 21:34 - Oct 17 by BackToRussia

Well logically oyster's argument is right if they reduced patrols pre cuts.

They didn't.
Police confirm they have given up on 21:42 - Oct 17 with 4541 viewsBackToRussia

Police confirm they have given up on 21:37 - Oct 17 by north_stand77

They didn't.

Well there is where your argument rests. Neither of you have evidence as our dear bully would point out.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Police confirm they have given up on 21:53 - Oct 17 with 4527 viewsnorth_stand77

Police confirm they have given up on 21:42 - Oct 17 by BackToRussia

Well there is where your argument rests. Neither of you have evidence as our dear bully would point out.

Well I have first hand experience to go by, so i think I can say it how it is as far as I am concerned.
Police confirm they have given up on 22:09 - Oct 17 with 4507 viewsBackToRussia

Police confirm they have given up on 21:53 - Oct 17 by north_stand77

Well I have first hand experience to go by, so i think I can say it how it is as far as I am concerned.

As could oyster. Anecdotal.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Police confirm they have given up on 09:42 - Oct 18 with 4413 viewsNo9

& now the BBC will broacast Crimewatch only during the day when many are at school /work

Seems we are living in a country where crime is taking over, with the consent of the Establishment.
Police confirm they have given up on 13:30 - Oct 18 with 4384 viewsblue_oyster

Police confirm they have given up on 09:42 - Oct 18 by No9

& now the BBC will broacast Crimewatch only during the day when many are at school /work

Seems we are living in a country where crime is taking over, with the consent of the Establishment.

Which can only lead us to the conclusion that our governments of recent decades have been liberal, and not tough on crime.

Police confirm they have given up on 14:18 - Oct 18 with 4365 viewsWeWereZombies

Police confirm they have given up on 13:30 - Oct 18 by blue_oyster

Which can only lead us to the conclusion that our governments of recent decades have been liberal, and not tough on crime.

Our governments of recent decades have been liberal? I'm still not sure where you post from but it is clearly not the UK. Even the coalition that included the Liberal Democrats wasn't liberal.

Police confirm they have given up on 15:05 - Oct 18 with 4352 viewsblue_oyster

Police confirm they have given up on 14:18 - Oct 18 by WeWereZombies

Our governments of recent decades have been liberal? I'm still not sure where you post from but it is clearly not the UK. Even the coalition that included the Liberal Democrats wasn't liberal.

Weak on law and order, a left-wing education establishment and the doctrine of equality now installed in all parts of society. Which bit of liberal don't you get?

Police confirm they have given up on 15:13 - Oct 18 with 4347 viewsWeWereZombies

Police confirm they have given up on 15:05 - Oct 18 by blue_oyster

Weak on law and order, a left-wing education establishment and the doctrine of equality now installed in all parts of society. Which bit of liberal don't you get?

OK, that's what it's like where you live, but here we have an austerity regime that isn't working and is costing just as much as a more liberal approach would, police powers that are severe and sometimes abused (see this morning's Scotsman for a weird detention story and speak to anyone who has exercised their right to peaceful protest and been 'kettled'), a bunfight over education that has seen far too much spent on methods to exclude those at the bottom of the ladder from a fair chance of a good education and...wait a minute - you have a problem with equality????

Police confirm they have given up on 15:17 - Oct 18 with 4341 viewsblue_oyster

Police confirm they have given up on 15:13 - Oct 18 by WeWereZombies

OK, that's what it's like where you live, but here we have an austerity regime that isn't working and is costing just as much as a more liberal approach would, police powers that are severe and sometimes abused (see this morning's Scotsman for a weird detention story and speak to anyone who has exercised their right to peaceful protest and been 'kettled'), a bunfight over education that has seen far too much spent on methods to exclude those at the bottom of the ladder from a fair chance of a good education and...wait a minute - you have a problem with equality????

Of course, by 'austerity' you mean 'record amount of public spending'. Do you ever both to check what you say?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024