Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hamstring injury and returning to footy 12:15 - Jan 1 with 815 viewsartsbossbeard

Right, slightly pulled my hammy playing vets footy just over 3wks ago - a grade 1, stopped running before I caused any more damage, strain.

Twas a bit sore for a couple of days afterwards but I've managed to exercise and do some spin classes but it's a return to 5-a-side tomorrow night.

How does one know that the hamstring has healed prior to playing again?

Yes, I'll stretch properly and use Deep Heat. Yes, I have a roller, which I've been using daily on the injured area without pain for circa 2wks.

Thanks in advance.

ABB

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Hamstring injury and returning to footy on 12:36 - Jan 1 with 761 viewsfabian_illness

I'd advise a couple of seasons of walking football before you consider a full 5 a side return.
Hamstring injury and returning to footy on 13:01 - Jan 1 with 734 viewsfactual_blue

Why were you playing with Vets? Are you a Veterinary Surgeon yourself?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Hamstring injury and returning to footy on 14:24 - Jan 1 with 666 viewsbadadski

Hamstring injury and returning to footy on 13:01 - Jan 1 by factual_blue

Why were you playing with Vets? Are you a Veterinary Surgeon yourself?

Proper warm up, proper warm up and more warm up. Loads of stretches. I think I spend more time stretching and warming up than playing now but needs must.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024