Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is 20:55 - Nov 6 with 1575 viewsIllinoisblue

From the mostly awful 93/94 season:

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 21:13 - Nov 6 with 1495 viewsEastTownBlue

I seem to recall a standing ovation from the North Stand for that goal to make it 4-1.

It may not have been genuine though.
I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 21:15 - Nov 6 with 1492 viewsgainsboroughblue

I see your Carlton Palmer and raise you Chris Marsden.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 21:48 - Nov 6 with 1411 viewsBlueBadger

I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 21:15 - Nov 6 by gainsboroughblue

Ah yes. The point at which I realised that we were probably doomed to relegation.

I am still angry at how a journeyman like him was allowed to stroll through the entire team.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2021 7:03]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 21:50 - Nov 6 with 1404 viewsIllinoisblue

I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 21:15 - Nov 6 by gainsboroughblue

I simply to refuse to watch it. There’s no way we let that happen

62 - 78 - 81

I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 21:58 - Nov 6 with 1379 viewsDigger77

All In with Leighton Baines.

Best goal at FPR I've seen, but was sitting at a perfect level and angle to see the ball squirm through the air. Great goal

I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 22:59 - Nov 6 with 1312 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I remember that. He ran from the half way line, but only really needed to beat one player.

Typical of that season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 23:25 - Nov 6 with 1261 viewsParisBlue

My first weekend in Australia. Pre internet days I set my alarm to listen to world service to get the scores...as I often did over the next 18 months, including that last day (thank you Mark Stein)

Kids nowadays don't know how easy it is.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 23:47 - Nov 6 with 1226 viewsIllinoisblue

I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 23:25 - Nov 6 by ParisBlue

My first weekend in Australia. Pre internet days I set my alarm to listen to world service to get the scores...as I often did over the next 18 months, including that last day (thank you Mark Stein)

It’s a good point. When I first moved here and didn’t have internet for first few weeks, used to buy USA Today to get the footy scores. To show how far we’ve come, you now get NFL announcers on prime time Sunday Night Football TV trailing what premier leagues are coming up for broadcast.

Also, who remembers the glory days of listening to commentary via ITFCVideo - that was a lifesaver back in the day

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 23:54 - Nov 6 with 1212 viewsChurchman

I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 21:58 - Nov 6 by Digger77

All In with Leighton Baines.

Best goal at FPR I've seen, but was sitting at a perfect level and angle to see the ball squirm through the air. Great goal

I was in line with that in Churchmans - astonishing goal. Sometimes you have to just put your hand up - you know there’s nothing you can do but admire it. We won the game though. Good match, that.

I was there for the Carlton Palmer and Marsden games too. Shameful. I haven’t watched them back. I remember them all too clearly at the time.
I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 00:15 - Nov 7 with 1188 viewsBonchosBicycle

I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 23:25 - Nov 6 by ParisBlue

First few years I moved to the US - early 90s - it was so difficult to keep up at all even with scores. If I couldn't afford to call home we'd go to Borders Bookstore to read last week's Sunday papers imported from the UK and get all the scores etc. World Service radio too, prowling the house for decent reception. Then the internet came and for a while you could get live commentary on the radio before they started geoblocking live games and it was all crap again. Now I get 95% of our games live in my living room. Dark days then, but what a world we live in now.

I was there for that Palmer goal though. I loved that team and still do but we were lucky to survive that season and, barring a miracle, it was clear we were in trouble in this new Premier League thing.
I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 01:18 - Nov 7 with 1151 viewsIPS_wich

Couldn't be more different now - last Saturday night I'm sat there at midnight down under watching Ipswich vs Plymouth from the UK on my iPad, commenting on TWTD on my phone whilst at the same time on the TV is England vs Australia in the T20 from the Middle East.

Want to go get another beer from the fridge - just pause both of the streams so you don't miss any of the action.
I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 09:18 - Nov 7 with 967 viewsSteve_M

It was after that game that McGiven reverted to an ultra-defensive formation. It worked for a bit, four points from Manchester United away and Blackburn at home, but set the scene for a chronically dreadful 18 months of results.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 09:21 - Nov 7 with 962 viewsSteve_M

I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 23:47 - Nov 6 by Illinoisblue

It’s a good point. When I first moved here and didn’t have internet for first few weeks, used to buy USA Today to get the footy scores. To show how far we’ve come, you now get NFL announcers on prime time Sunday Night Football TV trailing what premier leagues are coming up for broadcast.

Also, who remembers the glory days of listening to commentary via ITFCVideo - that was a lifesaver back in the day

When I was in Patagonia a few years back it was similar, when we won at Hillsborough with Chambers’ late goal it took about five days to have Wi-Fi and see the result.

That after burning through about £30 of Internet usage in five minutes on my phone in Buenos Aires with football and cricket scores and a handful of pictures that came through WhatsApp.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 09:26 - Nov 7 with 952 viewsIpswichKnight

I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 21:50 - Nov 6 by Illinoisblue

I simply to refuse to watch it. There’s no way we let that happen

My thoughts as that happened;

Close him down
Don’t let him in the box
Tackle him
Kick him
Someone do something anything oh FFS
I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is on 20:40 - Nov 7 with 820 viewsTheBoyBlue

Was coming back from a holiday in Florida. Not much more depressing as a kid coming back from Disney World and a fortnight of roasting sunshine to a cold, wet November's day, bus replacement service back to Ipswich and then discovering that Town had been hammered.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

I’d erased this Carlton Palmer goal against us, but here it is (n/t) (n/t) on 21:59 - Nov 7 with 738 viewsTJS

‘Mostly awful’ is a very relative term by today’s standards.
Premier League survival and spanking Spurs 3-0 at PR in the FA Cup.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2021 22:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024