Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Evans 06:51 - Jan 21 with 2596 viewspeterleeblue

On Virgin Radio from today.
Its basically exactly the same format as his Radio 2 one. With perhaps a slightly more bland playlist.

Other than trying to boost ratings for Virgin I am not sure quite what "risk" he is taking here.
Chris Evans on 06:58 - Jan 21 with 2574 viewswkj

To be fair He took no risk, didnt want the BBC having to disclose his massively bloated salary, so let Branson give him the dosh without the ballache

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Chris Evans on 06:59 - Jan 21 with 2565 viewspeterleeblue

Chris Evans on 06:58 - Jan 21 by wkj

To be fair He took no risk, didnt want the BBC having to disclose his massively bloated salary, so let Branson give him the dosh without the ballache

Is sadly the correct answer!
Chris Evans on 07:20 - Jan 21 with 2532 viewschristiand

Why change a formula that has worked well? It makes sense, people like familiarity.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Chris Evans on 07:57 - Jan 21 with 2465 viewsBluefish

Not sure that Branson has anything to do with Virgin Radio. Didn't Chris Evans buy it off him? I heard that sky are paying (part of) his wages in return for plugs on the radio

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Chris Evans on 09:11 - Jan 21 with 2349 viewsITFC_Forever

Good.

Makes R2 slightly more bearable when the Mrs puts it on in the morning.

How can a playlist be more bland than R2?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Chris Evans on 09:16 - Jan 21 with 2331 viewsCoco

Chris Evans on 09:11 - Jan 21 by ITFC_Forever

Good.

Makes R2 slightly more bearable when the Mrs puts it on in the morning.

How can a playlist be more bland than R2?

You mean the first and last minute of every song isnt a Chris Evans voice over? I

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Chris Evans on 09:18 - Jan 21 with 2327 viewschicoazul

Or, Murdoch's media empire *forced* the BBC to reveal the salaries of their top guys therefore making it much easier to poach them to work for Murdoch's media empire.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Chris Evans on 09:19 - Jan 21 with 2318 viewschicoazul

Chris Evans on 07:57 - Jan 21 by Bluefish

Not sure that Branson has anything to do with Virgin Radio. Didn't Chris Evans buy it off him? I heard that sky are paying (part of) his wages in return for plugs on the radio

Correct on all counts luv.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Evans on 11:18 - Jan 21 with 2173 viewsGlasgowBlue

He's also brought Vas with him. I tuned in today. Not enjoying Zoe Ball at all. I would have much prefered Sarah Cox.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Chris Evans on 11:59 - Jan 21 with 2129 viewswkj

Dunno, I see virgin, i see branson.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Chris Evans on 12:07 - Jan 21 with 2115 viewsBurwell_Blue

Is the wireless a popular thing then? A quick straw poll here in an office of 20, shows only 1 person who regularly listens to the radio.

Last time I did, Simon Mayo did the afternoon and Steve Wright the morning on Radio1
Chris Evans on 12:35 - Jan 21 with 2061 viewsBluefish

Chris Evans on 11:59 - Jan 21 by wkj

Dunno, I see virgin, i see branson.

He has sold off lots of the virgin empire, the sales often include the name though because he can sell for more that way. I think I read somewhere that he has sold off more than he retains

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Chris Evans on 13:11 - Jan 21 with 1989 viewsEly_Blue

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Radio_UK

The current Virgin Radio has nothing to do with the original which was rebranded as Absolute Radio

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024