Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? 12:45 - Jan 28 with 1409 viewslambchoppywaters

Boycotting the club until he is gone?
Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 12:48 - Jan 28 with 1106 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Seems an odd time to boycott the club you can't currently visit.

Not renewing season tickets would presumably have an impact but he'll be gone long before renewals are sent out.
Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 12:49 - Jan 28 with 1104 viewsPlums

Some of us have been doing this since he banned Phil.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 12:56 - Jan 28 with 1068 viewsGeorge25

the boycott was effective at getting message across but did not get the oystons out at Blackpool. They went because they had to sell the club to pay debt owed to a previous investor.
Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 12:56 - Jan 28 with 1066 viewsNthQldITFC

Ooh, can we turn the wet dock into a pleasure beach with candyfloss, smutty postcards, and rampant fingering at the back of the bandstand (in the string section)?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 12:58 - Jan 28 with 1048 viewsfooters

We should all be committed for following Town in the first place.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 12:58 - Jan 28 with 1040 viewsHerbivore

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 12:49 - Jan 28 by Plums

Some of us have been doing this since he banned Phil.

Indeed. I've not put a penny into the club in at least 2 months now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 12:59 - Jan 28 with 1038 viewslambchoppywaters

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 12:48 - Jan 28 by PrideOfTheEast

Seems an odd time to boycott the club you can't currently visit.

Not renewing season tickets would presumably have an impact but he'll be gone long before renewals are sent out.

I’ve taken my son’s scarves/posters down and they are now in the loft. The room needed decorating but he’s been told he can’t be a fan again until Lambert has gone. He’s now an Arsenal fan (2nd team) until this is resolved, but we won’t be going back to PR until then irrespective of vaccines or restrictions being lifted.
Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:01 - Jan 28 with 1025 viewsalfie2002

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 12:58 - Jan 28 by Herbivore

Indeed. I've not put a penny into the club in at least 2 months now.

You’re hard
Login to get fewer ads

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:02 - Jan 28 with 1015 viewsPlums

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 12:59 - Jan 28 by lambchoppywaters

I’ve taken my son’s scarves/posters down and they are now in the loft. The room needed decorating but he’s been told he can’t be a fan again until Lambert has gone. He’s now an Arsenal fan (2nd team) until this is resolved, but we won’t be going back to PR until then irrespective of vaccines or restrictions being lifted.

Sorry but that sounds as thought it’s only hurting you and your son (unless this is a parody account; if so, I await my well deserved whoosh). You don’t need to stop supporting, just stop paying.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:03 - Jan 28 with 996 viewsMetal_Hacker

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 12:59 - Jan 28 by lambchoppywaters

You're a harsh harsh man and I salute you

Just remind your lad of '78

Poll: If it were one or the other

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:05 - Jan 28 with 985 viewsDanTheMan

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:01 - Jan 28 by alfie2002

You’re hard

Now I can't speak for Herbs but I don't think he was trying to make out that he was hard, just that he was already boycotting because the owner of the site was banned from press conference.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:06 - Jan 28 with 972 viewslambchoppywaters

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:02 - Jan 28 by Plums

Sorry but that sounds as thought it’s only hurting you and your son (unless this is a parody account; if so, I await my well deserved whoosh). You don’t need to stop supporting, just stop paying.

You can’t divorce without moving out of the house. The boy needs to understand what needs to happen and it will be sad and painful. Anything else is confusing or misleading.
Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:09 - Jan 28 with 945 viewsfooters

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:05 - Jan 28 by DanTheMan

Now I can't speak for Herbs but I don't think he was trying to make out that he was hard, just that he was already boycotting because the owner of the site was banned from press conference.

Long school holiday, innit.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:09 - Jan 28 with 943 viewsPlums

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:06 - Jan 28 by lambchoppywaters

You can’t divorce without moving out of the house. The boy needs to understand what needs to happen and it will be sad and painful. Anything else is confusing or misleading.

Sounds as though my instincts were correct.
Favourite cheese?

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:11 - Jan 28 with 935 viewsalfie2002

Shouldn’t stop you supporting you’re team, it’s not that deep, boycotting in our situation is silly as Marcus does keep us going and we will never go under like Blackpool were scared would happen.
A lot of over reaction going on at the moment, more important issues in the world.
But yeah lambert out
Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:11 - Jan 28 with 927 viewswkj

You're hard

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:15 - Jan 28 with 906 viewsDanTheMan

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:11 - Jan 28 by alfie2002

Shouldn’t stop you supporting you’re team, it’s not that deep, boycotting in our situation is silly as Marcus does keep us going and we will never go under like Blackpool were scared would happen.
A lot of over reaction going on at the moment, more important issues in the world.
But yeah lambert out

Evans has overseen a slow but steady decline in every area of the club. I don't really care that he funds us, he's the owner of the club, that is quite literally his job. He has failed in every other regard.

He doesn't deserve my money. They (the club) have implicitly supported the decision to ban Phil and when pressed on it have come out with lies to support their position.

And as for there being more important issues in the world, what the fook does that have to do with someone's decision to not give Ipswich any money?

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:15 - Jan 28 with 901 viewsNthQldITFC

I genuinely thought for a minute or so that 'Arsenal fan (2nd team)' meant he was now a fan of Arsenal Reserves (but certainly not their first team).

Or perhaps it does, because the rest is funny, and I can imagine it being written with the attitude of a Sean Lock. I hope you've taken the buttons off his ITFC pyjamas too, so he cannot sleep at night until the situation is resolved?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:15 - Jan 28 with 899 viewsDanTheMan

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:11 - Jan 28 by wkj

You're hard

Almost always, it's quite painful at times.

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:15 - Jan 28 with 892 viewswkj

But yeah lambert out

There is more to ITFC than football for many of us, and the local community is one of those things. Phil being removed from his access from the club is as big swing from the club to our community.

Keep in mind TWTD offers valuable market research every year for free and is a big contributor to the academy we all hold so dear.

On top of the awful decline of our club in the last decade, this is anything but an over reaction from fans imho.

Crybaby

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:19 - Jan 28 with 876 viewslambchoppywaters

But yeah lambert out

I think the issue is accepting existence compared to being an attractive club with players that care and a manager who makes that happen. I don’t mind being in the Championship most of the time because that’s where a club of our size would land up in the modern game without selling out and risking the lot but we should never, ever accept anything less.
Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:20 - Jan 28 with 866 viewsBasuco

Follow the Town, up or down, we sang it many times home and away, I see no reason to go back on that now.
Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:22 - Jan 28 with 848 viewsPlums

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:20 - Jan 28 by Basuco

Follow the Town, up or down, we sang it many times home and away, I see no reason to go back on that now.

Follow yes, endorse and condone the regime’s current activities? Not for me.

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:24 - Jan 28 with 835 viewsalfie2002

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:15 - Jan 28 by wkj

There is more to ITFC than football for many of us, and the local community is one of those things. Phil being removed from his access from the club is as big swing from the club to our community.

Keep in mind TWTD offers valuable market research every year for free and is a big contributor to the academy we all hold so dear.

On top of the awful decline of our club in the last decade, this is anything but an over reaction from fans imho.

Yeah I can appreciate that, I love Ipswich, TWTD and Phil of course and it can easily ruin my weekend or Tuesday night, maybe I’m naive as I started going around 2010/11 season so maybe I missed the start of the decline but I promise you it could be a lot worse and yes it could get worse but this summer there will be a new looked team and hopefully a completely new management team. I don’t think everything is wrong with the club because look how well the academy is run so that does just leave the first team management and players to blame.
Cowley’s in
Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:27 - Jan 28 with 823 viewswkj

Are we committed enough to do a ‘Blackpool’? on 13:20 - Jan 28 by Basuco

That is the position I want to be in, but the decisions the club is making right now to the fans is not the club I grew up supporting, nor the club I first went to when I was in my dear mum's womb (yes, I snuck in for free... fight me)

My grandad used to watch hours upon hours of recorded games, read me articles from the program and share his stories of a club deep in the heart of Ipswich and Suffolk. That is the ITFC I will follow up or down, not a club that is currently gaslighting the fans.

I made a parody account on twitter for a hybrid of Donald trump and Paul lambert this year to highlight the disdain our beloved club has towards the media and fans right now. If Phil is allowed back at ITFC and a commitment is shown towards the fans, I won't care so much where we are and will follow town up or down.

Make no mistake, this isn't ITFC - this is a s***ty tribute act by Marcus Evans Group, and is becoming more and more tone deaf each passing day

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024