Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3rd Test Squad 13:23 - Jul 20 with 1045 viewsYallop

What more does Mark Stoneman need to do to get in the England side. Doesn't make sense. One of the top County League run scorers this summer and this test is on his home ground.

The spinner situation is equally baffling sticking with Dawson ahead of Rashid (who had a decent winter).
3rd Test Squad on 13:26 - Jul 20 with 1028 viewsglassblower

He's an opener and Cook isn't being dropped and Jennings is owed a bit more time. I don't think we should be shoehorning openers in at 3 or down the order. Westley is a 3 so a good fit for me. Malan another decent pick hopefully. Agree with you on Dawson though.
3rd Test Squad on 13:31 - Jul 20 with 1002 viewsWD19

He needs to be right handed.

Maybe he should bat right handed in his next innings to make the point.
3rd Test Squad on 13:32 - Jul 20 with 1003 viewsGogs

Mark Butcher made a good point on Sky Sports last night that they're not going to make wholesale changes to the squad, as it's smack of a panic, much like what used to happen in every series in the 90s. So Jennings gets another go by default as Balance is a forced change through injury. I guess Westley has been picked as he's seen as a more natural no.3, and he scored a ton for the Lions against that SA bowling attack a few weeks back too. Rashid should definitely be in ahead of Dawson, who is a waste of space
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024