Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smokey Joes. 16:18 - Aug 9 with 2242 viewsBluespeed225

Walked through Town last night, see it's becoming another Turkish restaurant. Was going to go after Film Theater! How long was it there, 18 months? Anyone know what led to its demise?
Smokey Joes. on 16:24 - Aug 9 with 2205 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Being utterly sh*te in comparison to LTB and Byron was probably a factor!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Smokey Joes. on 16:24 - Aug 9 with 2206 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Probably the introduction of two superior burger joints in all honesty. They had no clue how to run a business unfortunately.

Check out Love Thy Burger next to Ann Summer's.

Poll: Best Football Song

Smokey Joes. on 16:28 - Aug 9 with 2176 viewsSitfcB

Didn't even last a year I don't think?

Been closed for aaaaages.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Smokey Joes. on 16:44 - Aug 9 with 2112 views12th_Man

Ipswich is turning into Luton

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Smokey Joes. on 16:44 - Aug 9 with 2118 viewsmonytowbray

Think it closed before LTB even opened. It was an alright place and the quality was very good for the price, but from what I gather the original owner was careless with money and the business died on its a*se. It was then bought by new management and reopened under the same name with the same menu. However they cut corners on ingredients, had less quality on the cooking side of things and had considerably worse customer service, all whilst adding at least £2 on the cost of most the menu items. I think it lasted 2/3 months and that was the end.

Ogle and I went there last summer just after it reopened after a bank holiday Sunday boozy day session and were gob smacked by how sh1te it was.

And to boot there was some well funny FB rows. It appeared that the old business owner still had access to the SJ Facebook page and was slagging off the current owners which was never going to encourage anyone to go there. Comments on this thread LOL: https://www.facebook.com/smokeyjoesip1/posts/1275181512561272

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Smokey Joes. on 16:54 - Aug 9 with 2074 viewsclive_baker

Smokey Joes. on 16:44 - Aug 9 by 12th_Man

Ipswich is turning into Luton

How?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Smokey Joes. on 18:09 - Aug 9 with 1962 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Smokey Joes. on 16:44 - Aug 9 by monytowbray

Think it closed before LTB even opened. It was an alright place and the quality was very good for the price, but from what I gather the original owner was careless with money and the business died on its a*se. It was then bought by new management and reopened under the same name with the same menu. However they cut corners on ingredients, had less quality on the cooking side of things and had considerably worse customer service, all whilst adding at least £2 on the cost of most the menu items. I think it lasted 2/3 months and that was the end.

Ogle and I went there last summer just after it reopened after a bank holiday Sunday boozy day session and were gob smacked by how sh1te it was.

And to boot there was some well funny FB rows. It appeared that the old business owner still had access to the SJ Facebook page and was slagging off the current owners which was never going to encourage anyone to go there. Comments on this thread LOL: https://www.facebook.com/smokeyjoesip1/posts/1275181512561272

Definitely closed after LTB but probably not much in it.

It was terribly run, I had a mate who was chef there and he told me some horror stories about the management.

Poll: Best Football Song

Smokey Joes. on 18:16 - Aug 9 with 1943 viewsBlueBadger

Smokey Joes. on 16:54 - Aug 9 by clive_baker

How?

They're going to build an airport by the Copeck interchange.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Smokey Joes. on 18:25 - Aug 9 with 1925 viewsemergencylime

Smokey Joes. on 16:28 - Aug 9 by SitfcB

Didn't even last a year I don't think?

Been closed for aaaaages.

I went before the Brighton game last season as they gave money off when you SHEW them your ticket.
Dont know the name of the burger i had but it was a spicy one, was delicious, good kick to it. I even let them off apple a jam jar.
I'll have to sample an alternative burger joint next time i'm over i guess!

Edit: i should add there were only 2 other customers the whole time i was there, so that could be a factor.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2017 18:26]

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

Smokey Joes. on 18:35 - Aug 9 with 1907 viewsmos

Awful.

No organisation, not enough seats, burgers weren't consistent - sometimes cold, sometimes missed out ingredients, and often they had open seats, yet had a booking system.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024