Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unusual stat 16:38 - Mar 4 with 2552 viewssyntaxerror

We have the longest serving manager outside of the Premier League, and the 4th longest in the top 4 leagues.

Only Wenger, Dyche and Eddie Howe have been in their jobs longer than Mick.

Edit: I am wrong, the Morcombe manager was appointed in 2011.
Still, it surprised me.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2018 16:40]
Unusual stat on 17:02 - Mar 4 with 2463 viewsse20blue

Arsenal- Wenger
Exeter -Tisdale
Morecambe- Bentley
Wycombe Wanderers- Ainsworth
AFC Wimbledon-Ardley
Bournemouth-Howe
Burnley-Dyche
Ipswich-McCarthy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_Premier_League_and_English_Footbal
Unusual stat on 17:06 - Mar 4 with 2448 viewsgainsboroughblue

And Tisdale and Ainsworth.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Unusual stat on 17:06 - Mar 4 with 2454 viewspatrickswell

Still a McCarthy supporter, but he and Dyche were appointed to their respective jobs in the same week. Wonder what might have been had they swapped roles.

We’re what Burnley were when Dyche went there - mid table fodder - albeit Owen Coyle had taken them up, but he had jumped ship at the first opportunity of a bigger job (Bolton Wanderers!), Eddie Howe went there and looked as happy to be there as Tommy Oar, before escaping back to Bournemouth. They looked likely to drift on, a perpetual irrelevance. He kept them up and they never looked back.

When will it be our turn?
Unusual stat on 17:09 - Mar 4 with 2433 viewsEastTownBlue

Unusual stat on 17:02 - Mar 4 by se20blue

Arsenal- Wenger
Exeter -Tisdale
Morecambe- Bentley
Wycombe Wanderers- Ainsworth
AFC Wimbledon-Ardley
Bournemouth-Howe
Burnley-Dyche
Ipswich-McCarthy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_Premier_League_and_English_Footbal

But other than that, we have the longest serving manager outside the top flight ...
Unusual stat on 17:42 - Mar 4 with 2342 viewsMJallday

Unusual stat on 17:06 - Mar 4 by patrickswell

Still a McCarthy supporter, but he and Dyche were appointed to their respective jobs in the same week. Wonder what might have been had they swapped roles.

We’re what Burnley were when Dyche went there - mid table fodder - albeit Owen Coyle had taken them up, but he had jumped ship at the first opportunity of a bigger job (Bolton Wanderers!), Eddie Howe went there and looked as happy to be there as Tommy Oar, before escaping back to Bournemouth. They looked likely to drift on, a perpetual irrelevance. He kept them up and they never looked back.

When will it be our turn?

with the invisible man at the helm - either never, or a very long time away.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Unusual stat on 17:45 - Mar 4 with 2339 viewsRonFearonsHair

Jim Bentley has been at Morcambe for the past 16 years altogether, including his playing career.

His 13th appearance for the club was at Portman Road in the FA Cup, where he was sent off after 20 minutes. It remains the only time I remember the home fans booing the referee for sending off a player on the away side.

And kids, you'll have to trust me on this, we actually won the match 4-0.
Unusual stat on 17:59 - Mar 4 with 2304 viewssyntaxerror

Unusual stat on 17:06 - Mar 4 by gainsboroughblue

And Tisdale and Ainsworth.

Tisdale stared 2006 - I do fail at reading :D

But unless BBC have it wrong:
Ainsworth started a week after Mick

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43242465
Unusual stat on 18:02 - Mar 4 with 2288 viewsMJallday

Unusual stat on 17:45 - Mar 4 by RonFearonsHair

Jim Bentley has been at Morcambe for the past 16 years altogether, including his playing career.

His 13th appearance for the club was at Portman Road in the FA Cup, where he was sent off after 20 minutes. It remains the only time I remember the home fans booing the referee for sending off a player on the away side.

And kids, you'll have to trust me on this, we actually won the match 4-0.

16 years ago would be about right when we last scored 4

i jest of course, but it does feel like that

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024