Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) 19:57 - Mar 13 with 22644 viewsunstableblue

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 10:29 - Mar 14 with 4812 viewscaught-in-limbo

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 10:22 - Mar 14 by giant_stow

this is quite a big moment for twtd: you've changed your predicted outcome a little. food for thought.

edit: why was the op edited out? did he call brexiters a rude word?
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 10:23]

Not so.

I'm actually consolidating my position that we'll never leave the EU.

If "Brexit" ever is claimed to happen, the decision will be quickly reversed and we'll remain in the EU as ever.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 10:36 - Mar 14 with 4789 viewsBloomBlue

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 10:29 - Mar 14 by caught-in-limbo

Not so.

If "Brexit" ever is claimed to happen, the decision will be quickly reversed and we'll remain in the EU as ever.

But if we left and wanted to go back there would be more requirements , for one we would have to replace the £ with the EURO.
Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 10:39 - Mar 14 with 4780 viewsNo9

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 10:29 - Mar 14 by caught-in-limbo

Not so.

OK, you have your views which, I gently remind you, are at odds with the law.
Given the way in which the HoC works can you tell us how the law will be changed?
Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 10:40 - Mar 14 with 4769 viewsgiant_stow

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 10:36 - Mar 14 by BloomBlue

But if we left and wanted to go back there would be more requirements , for one we would have to replace the £ with the EURO.

I imagine that's CiL's point, but its also why the leave vote is so damaging - we already have the perfect mix of in/out.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 10:47 - Mar 14 with 4747 viewscaught-in-limbo

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 10:39 - Mar 14 by No9

OK, you have your views which, I gently remind you, are at odds with the law.
Given the way in which the HoC works can you tell us how the law will be changed?

Governments don't preoccupy themselves with inconvenient things like the law.

Let's see how things work out.

#toxic

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 10:52 - Mar 14 with 4741 viewsNo9

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 10:47 - Mar 14 by caught-in-limbo

Governments don't preoccupy themselves with inconvenient things like the law.

Let's see how things work out.

This government isn't beyond breaking laws it doesn't like BUT the law which says the UK leaves the EU 29/03/19 is one they like
It is also EU & International law
15 days isn't long to get it changed
There are plaenty of RW MP's that will talk out any debate

A bigger concern is is this mob can't come up with any competent agreement why would we want them to take us to the next stage?
Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 10:55 - Mar 14 with 4723 viewsDarth_Koont

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 10:40 - Mar 14 by giant_stow

I imagine that's CiL's point, but its also why the leave vote is so damaging - we already have the perfect mix of in/out.

Agreed. The current position is the best compromise between Leave and Remain too. As it takes into account emotions but also common sense and value.

We'll never negotiate a better deal even with good negotiators.

Pronouns: He/Him

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 11:18 - Mar 14 with 4680 viewsMullysplace1

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 09:48 - Mar 14 by caught-in-limbo

That's a distinct possibility.

Under the banner of democracy she'll batter us out of Europe, but not for long.

On leaving Europe there'll be chaos at customs with basic supplies (foodstuffs and medicines) not getting into the country. There'll be chaos in society as a result.

May, if she hasn't already stepped down, will resign and a General Election will be called.

The democracy loving masses will start saying stupid stuff like "we don't deserve a democracy".

The new government will win on a "back in Europe" ticket and things will improve again.

The electorate with feel appropriately chastised, Remainers and Brexiteers will hate each other for decades to come and we'll thank our leaders for pulling us out of the mess we got ourselves into.

We the people are sovereign, not parliament, but that will change if not in law but as a generally accepted belief.

Job done. Brexit never happened. Less power to the people.

Long live democracy.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 9:50]

Scare mungering
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 11:19 - Mar 14 with 4681 viewsHerbivore

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 10:22 - Mar 14 by Lord_Lucan

Talking of which Herby, when are we having a pint? I am free this evening!

I can't do tonight. What days are you usually in Norwich?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 11:29 - Mar 14 with 4671 viewsLord_Lucan

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 11:19 - Mar 14 by Herbivore

I can't do tonight. What days are you usually in Norwich?

Wednesday - Friday nights

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 11:31 - Mar 14 with 4670 viewsHerbivore

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 11:29 - Mar 14 by Lord_Lucan

Wednesday - Friday nights

I'll check my calendar and PM you.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 17:35 - Mar 14 with 4618 viewsEwan_Oozami

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 20:05 - Mar 13 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

If it doesn't then we are a not a democratic country. Please I have an option to live elsewhere.

The Tories were democratically elected once when the Poll Tax was in their manifesto - and look what happened to that! :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 18:10 - Mar 14 with 4605 viewsSeablu

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 11:18 - Mar 14 by Mullysplace1

Scare mungering

Scaremongering.
Is there a single Brexiteer who can spell?
Just one?
Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 18:24 - Mar 14 with 4594 viewscaught-in-limbo

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 18:10 - Mar 14 by Seablu

Scaremongering.
Is there a single Brexiteer who can spell?
Just one?

I can.*

What I find hilarious about Brexiteers is that they usually downvote my Brexit themed posts which they interpret as pro remain (or scaremongering).

*I should point out that I didn't vote in the referendum because of ineligibility , but I would have voted for Brexit.

I identified the whole referendum as disingenuous from the start because I couldn't see a leave vote ever being honoured. I want the fake democracy we have in the UK to be visible to everyone. It won't of course.

#toxic

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 19:58 - Mar 14 with 4558 viewsNo9

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 18:24 - Mar 14 by caught-in-limbo

I can.*

What I find hilarious about Brexiteers is that they usually downvote my Brexit themed posts which they interpret as pro remain (or scaremongering).

*I should point out that I didn't vote in the referendum because of ineligibility , but I would have voted for Brexit.

I identified the whole referendum as disingenuous from the start because I couldn't see a leave vote ever being honoured. I want the fake democracy we have in the UK to be visible to everyone. It won't of course.

You haven't been following the activities in the tory party very long have you?

Despite being defeated X 2 they are going to have another go before 29/03/19
The public are not allowed to chnage their minds tho'

It's Ok for you you won't have to suffer the problems brexit will cause - don't tell me you don't know what they are
Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 20:42 - Mar 14 with 4549 viewscaught-in-limbo

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 19:58 - Mar 14 by No9

You haven't been following the activities in the tory party very long have you?

Despite being defeated X 2 they are going to have another go before 29/03/19
The public are not allowed to chnage their minds tho'

It's Ok for you you won't have to suffer the problems brexit will cause - don't tell me you don't know what they are

You think Brexit is a Tory plan to take Britain out of the EU for the benefit of a few wealthy Tories at the expense of everyone else.

I think Brexit was a disingenuous smokescreen to actually bring the country closer to Europe especially with regards to the military and policing.

Let's see what happens.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 20:44]

#toxic

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 22:17 - Mar 14 with 4527 viewsSeablu

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 18:24 - Mar 14 by caught-in-limbo

I can.*

That's far too complicated for me to cope with. I just want to carry on blaming Cameron, Farage, Johnson and ignorant disenfranchised plankton who happen to be a bit racist.

Ergo, to make it simpler for myself I'm only holding those accountable who actually voted.

Loving your spelling & grammar though.
Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 23:59 - Mar 14 with 4497 viewsEwan_Oozami

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 21:06 - Mar 13 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

But part of his manifesto of which he was elected? Poor take

More people voted against Cameron than for him in 2015, he was the only party (plus UKIP I believe) that campaigned for a referendum - the vagaries of the FPTP system meant he got a majority. Interestingly, when looking at the people who voted Tory and UKIP, and those who didn't, there was a 49.9/50.1 split. So it was very even in the "popular vote" - really surprised that no-one from the Remain side looked at those figures before they started campaigning and thought, "This isn't an FPTP election, it's a popular binary vote - we've got a job on our hands here!"

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 08:41 - Mar 15 with 4440 viewsSonOfSpock

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 20:00 - Mar 13 by Oldsmoker

It's Brexit Jim, but not as we know it.
(Apologies to Spock)

Its totally illogical
Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 11:21 - Mar 15 with 4405 viewsPecker

I make you right.
Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 11:25 - Mar 15 with 4395 viewsNo9

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 20:42 - Mar 14 by caught-in-limbo

You think Brexit is a Tory plan to take Britain out of the EU for the benefit of a few wealthy Tories at the expense of everyone else.

I think Brexit was a disingenuous smokescreen to actually bring the country closer to Europe especially with regards to the military and policing.

Let's see what happens.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 20:44]

You are ignoring the Alt American connections with the British tory party.

Look at the bigger picture
Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 15:44 - Mar 15 with 4354 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 05:29 - Mar 14 by m14_blue

48% of people voted to remain, 46% of people voted for Trump.

You might need to relocate again if you’re looking for some pure democracy.

The UK is a representative democracy, the referendum should never have happened. That said, I actually agree that to go against that vote, without asking the people at the very least, would be a mistake.

Another poor take.

They've already asked the people. This has nothing to do with how the US political system works and I can't vote in America anyway.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 15:46]
Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 15:55 - Mar 15 with 4342 viewsDarth_Koont

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 15:44 - Mar 15 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Another poor take.

They've already asked the people. This has nothing to do with how the US political system works and I can't vote in America anyway.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 15:46]

Sure, but there's zero consensus for how we leave so it's all a bit academic.

Pronouns: He/Him

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 16:05 - Mar 15 with 4328 viewsMullysplace1

Its going to happen, you better believe it!
Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 16:08 - Mar 15 with 4323 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Brexit is not going to happen (n/t) on 15:55 - Mar 15 by Darth_Koont

Sure, but there's zero consensus for how we leave so it's all a bit academic.

Don't massively disagree but the point remains!

(Probably a poor choice of word at the end)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024