Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name 09:44 - May 14 with 2177 viewsLord_Lucan

as they don't want to change anything.. I wonder what brain box came up with it?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 09:48 - May 14 with 2160 viewsCoastalblue

I liked the interview on the radio the other day,

Interviewer: So can you tell me anything you disagree with in the Lib Dem policies?

Change Party MP:...............Literally one minute of radio silence...........

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 09:59 - May 14 with 2124 viewsLord_Lucan

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 09:48 - May 14 by Coastalblue

I liked the interview on the radio the other day,

Interviewer: So can you tell me anything you disagree with in the Lib Dem policies?

Change Party MP:...............Literally one minute of radio silence...........

They could of course have walked over to the Lib Dems, it's almost as if they thought they had hit on a great idea and that they imagined they would take hundreds with them in a blaze of glory.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 10:01 - May 14 with 2114 viewsitfcjoe

They seem to have bitten of a bit more than they can chew, and are struggling to get things over the line.

Must be tough without full party backing behind them doing the detail, think they need to try and get ducks in a row for next election in reality as are way off as things stand

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 10:03 - May 14 with 2091 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I guess it's a catchy name / word.

It got Obama elected.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 10:04 - May 14 with 2101 viewsSteve_M

Well, although Brexit is the proximate cause here, they are responding to a wider dissatisfaction with two parties which aren't fit for purpose in the twenty-first century.

The only thing keeping either the Labour or Tory party together is FPTP which look increasingly unsustainable. Again, Brexit is a catalyst but not really the over-riding cause here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 10:08 - May 14 with 2082 viewsGeoffSentence

Before realising that they had changed their name to ChangeUK, I saw this abbreviated on an opinion poll as ChUK. I thought it was for Chuka's party.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 10:09 - May 14 with 2073 viewschicoazul

Haha! Brilliant.

But then again the Conservative party dont want to conserve anything.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 10:09 - May 14 with 2074 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's been a complete and utter feck up of a launch. Whereas the Brexit Party got theirs spot on from the marketing & PR side (if you ignore the dodgy types that are associated with it, which their supporters seem happy to do).

Purely from a remain perspective, Change UK politicians would have been better to defect to the LDs. At the time of their defection it felt as though it could be the start of a genuine movement, but it's fizzled out into a poorly organised fringe group.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 12:43 - May 14 with 1960 viewsGuthrum

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 10:09 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

It's been a complete and utter feck up of a launch. Whereas the Brexit Party got theirs spot on from the marketing & PR side (if you ignore the dodgy types that are associated with it, which their supporters seem happy to do).

Purely from a remain perspective, Change UK politicians would have been better to defect to the LDs. At the time of their defection it felt as though it could be the start of a genuine movement, but it's fizzled out into a poorly organised fringe group.

The Brexit Party had a much easier job, standing for only one issue and able to regurgitate the same tropes Farage has been putting out since 2016. They weren't aiming to be thoughtful, nuanced or appealing to more than an already committed core audience.

I'm appalled that they are being alowed to get away with essentially saying "vote for us, then we'll tell you the other things we stand for." https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/13/brexit-party-policies-eu-electi

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 12:44 - May 14 with 1958 viewsBlueBadger

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 10:09 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

In all fairness, the Change types probably didn't have a pot of money donated to them by entirely legit business people to play woth, either.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 12:45 - May 14 with 1956 viewsGuthrum

I think the idea is more that they are seeking to change the current (pretty much) two-party system in UK politics.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 12:57 - May 14 with 1928 viewsLord_Lucan

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 12:45 - May 14 by Guthrum

I think the idea is more that they are seeking to change the current (pretty much) two-party system in UK politics.

I think people read too much into a light hearted post tbh.

Politics is driving everyone mad with their "I believe in this so I am 100% correct" points of view.

I yearn for football debates when things are looked at objectively and no one ever falls out, like Pablo or Kuqi.

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 13:12 - May 14 with 1901 viewsSuperfrans

The Brexit Party seem to have been much smarter in their launch.

In one way, they have been smartest in not over-estimated the public's interest in the detail of where we are and what leaving the EU actually means. Essentially, what they have done is ensured that when we all go to the polls, there is a party name on the ballot which says what it is (in favour of Brexit). This will attract lots of people, including those who voted for Brexit and those who didn't but who wish it was all over. The vast majority simply aren't going to look any deeper than that, they don't care about the details of what Garage stands for, just that he and the party are pro-Brexit. Bingo.

Of course, they also have a figurehead who can suck up airtime and who is savvy enough to depict any negative coverage of him as further evidence of "the establishment" going against the public will and determining not to deliver Brexit.

To have any similar impact, Change UK (or any remain party with any hope of winning) needed to have a similarly familiar figure who can get himself on TV a lot and a party name which says what it is - the "Remain Party" or the "People's Vote" party.

The above isn't intended in any way as a criticism of any portion of the electorate btw. But we have reached a point where the vast majority of the population are bored sh!tless with this entire farce and just want it to be over. they're even beyond caring whether what is now being proposed by Garage and co is what they were proposing in 2016 in any case.

All of the main parties, plus the likes of Change UK, are assuming that because they are interested in the detail, most people who will vote are. And they simply aren't.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 13:24 - May 14 with 1863 viewsSwansea_Blue

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 12:43 - May 14 by Guthrum

The Brexit Party had a much easier job, standing for only one issue and able to regurgitate the same tropes Farage has been putting out since 2016. They weren't aiming to be thoughtful, nuanced or appealing to more than an already committed core audience.

I'm appalled that they are being alowed to get away with essentially saying "vote for us, then we'll tell you the other things we stand for." https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/13/brexit-party-policies-eu-electi

Yep. A simple message based on betrayal (no need for any actual solutions), the cash donations (sources as yet not disclosed!) and the charismatic frontman. And also as described in those two Byline Times articles I posted on another thread, they've tapped into existing PR networks so have a ready made support network very experienced and slick in 'astroturfing'.

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/05/09/astroturfers-of-britain-the-brexit-partys-art
https://bylinetimes.com/2019/05/13/astroturfers-of-britain-part-two-who-is-behin

Meanwhile change UK seem to have spent their energy battling with their own consciousnesses to go through with split from their original party. And then had a clear, 'ah, what do we do now?' moment. They've also still got their baggage from whichever previous party they were in of course. Some people won't vote for a Tory or Labourite, whatever the cause.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 15:50 - May 14 with 1792 viewsvapour_trail

Change are remarkable. They’ve emerged in a period of complete political ineptitude and managed to contrive something inferior to the status quo.

Nigel must be pi$$ing himself laughing.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 16:05 - May 14 with 1765 viewsSteve_M

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 13:24 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

Yep. A simple message based on betrayal (no need for any actual solutions), the cash donations (sources as yet not disclosed!) and the charismatic frontman. And also as described in those two Byline Times articles I posted on another thread, they've tapped into existing PR networks so have a ready made support network very experienced and slick in 'astroturfing'.

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/05/09/astroturfers-of-britain-the-brexit-partys-art
https://bylinetimes.com/2019/05/13/astroturfers-of-britain-part-two-who-is-behin

Meanwhile change UK seem to have spent their energy battling with their own consciousnesses to go through with split from their original party. And then had a clear, 'ah, what do we do now?' moment. They've also still got their baggage from whichever previous party they were in of course. Some people won't vote for a Tory or Labourite, whatever the cause.

It's very odd how parts of the media that (rightly) made much of Corbyn's pro-IRA views are far less interested in Claire Fox and her similarly reprehensible views.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 16:08 - May 14 with 1751 viewsBluefish

One thing that really confuses me about The Change Party is the name on 10:09 - May 14 by chicoazul

Haha! Brilliant.

But then again the Conservative party dont want to conserve anything.

And Labour don't want people to work

https://images.app.goo.gl/QFLKt783txwDsnNj8
[Post edited 14 May 2019 16:10]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024