Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oi Gainsborough 22:26 - Dec 5 with 1252 viewsLord_Lucan

I keep meaning to mention but keep forgetting - I didn't get where I am today by keep meaning to mention but keep forgetting

Anyhoo, I just watched a re run of The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin. Great - Super stuff.

Even young Audrey Roberts still has it!
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 22:27]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Oi Gainsborough on 22:37 - Dec 5 with 1209 viewsFtnfwest

Sorry, eleven minutes late, staff difficulties at Hampton Wick
Oi Gainsborough on 22:38 - Dec 5 with 1201 viewsgainsboroughblue

It was really brilliant. Rossiter was superb in playing what was really, actually a very tragic character.

I found this on YT recently. Peter Serafinowicz impersonating what it says in the description of Ralph Fiennes but in actual fact, is Rossiter.

Edit. Would help if I posted link.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 22:39]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Oi Gainsborough on 23:55 - Dec 5 with 1123 viewsLord_Lucan

Oi Gainsborough on 22:38 - Dec 5 by gainsboroughblue

It was really brilliant. Rossiter was superb in playing what was really, actually a very tragic character.

I found this on YT recently. Peter Serafinowicz impersonating what it says in the description of Ralph Fiennes but in actual fact, is Rossiter.

Edit. Would help if I posted link.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 22:39]

I imagine you to be a bit younger than me so I am surprised you saw it. If I recall correctly I was about 11 at the time it came out, still one of my all time favs though - even if unfortunately it seems Leonard was a bit of a tvvat in real life.

I just watched the first two series again but I couldn't watch the third one when they were doing that self help thing in his commune whatsit as I thought that was a bit daft.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Oi Gainsborough on 00:02 - Dec 6 with 1121 viewsgainsboroughblue

Oi Gainsborough on 23:55 - Dec 5 by Lord_Lucan

I imagine you to be a bit younger than me so I am surprised you saw it. If I recall correctly I was about 11 at the time it came out, still one of my all time favs though - even if unfortunately it seems Leonard was a bit of a tvvat in real life.

I just watched the first two series again but I couldn't watch the third one when they were doing that self help thing in his commune whatsit as I thought that was a bit daft.

Yeah. I think they re-ran them on the beeb when Rossiter died circa 84 and that was the first time I saw it.

Agree on the third series with the whole commune thing but you could almost see the ideas were running thin towards the end of the second series. May have been an idea to have left it there a la Fawlty Towers.

I never saw the Legacy of Reginald Perrin which saw Geoffrey Palmer in the lead and can't imagine it was great.

Bizarre to see that the actor who played Doc Morrisey outlived Rossiter by 30 years. He looked in his late 70's in the original run.

Edit. With respect to Rossiter in real life, he was said to be a bit up himself. I remember hearing that he was very upset when the camera focussed mainly on Joan Collins in the Cinzano ads they did together.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 0:08]

Oi Gainsborough on 00:22 - Dec 6 with 1100 viewsLord_Lucan

Oi Gainsborough on 00:02 - Dec 6 by gainsboroughblue

Yeah. I think they re-ran them on the beeb when Rossiter died circa 84 and that was the first time I saw it.

Agree on the third series with the whole commune thing but you could almost see the ideas were running thin towards the end of the second series. May have been an idea to have left it there a la Fawlty Towers.

I never saw the Legacy of Reginald Perrin which saw Geoffrey Palmer in the lead and can't imagine it was great.

Bizarre to see that the actor who played Doc Morrisey outlived Rossiter by 30 years. He looked in his late 70's in the original run.

Edit. With respect to Rossiter in real life, he was said to be a bit up himself. I remember hearing that he was very upset when the camera focussed mainly on Joan Collins in the Cinzano ads they did together.

The Geoffrey Palmer thing was a bit bad - but arguably better that S3 of RP.

I'm going through a mid life TV crisis at the moment. I am currently watching the first series of Auf Weidessen Pet, I am on the first episode but type this while I'm just nipping out for a fag.

This is serious real time stuff.

Oi Gainsborough on 00:31 - Dec 6 with 1094 viewsgainsboroughblue

Oi Gainsborough on 00:22 - Dec 6 by Lord_Lucan

The Geoffrey Palmer thing was a bit bad - but arguably better that S3 of RP.

I'm going through a mid life TV crisis at the moment. I am currently watching the first series of Auf Weidessen Pet, I am on the first episode but type this while I'm just nipping out for a fag.

This is serious real time stuff.

I've been infirm at home for the last fortnight. Youtube really is a treasure trove for old telly.

I had tales of the unexpected playing one after the other the other day when i was drifting in and out of sleep on the sofa.

Oi Gainsborough on 01:05 - Dec 6 with 1072 viewsLord_Lucan

Oi Gainsborough on 00:31 - Dec 6 by gainsboroughblue

I've been infirm at home for the last fortnight. Youtube really is a treasure trove for old telly.

I had tales of the unexpected playing one after the other the other day when i was drifting in and out of sleep on the sofa.

Oh Man!

Did you ever see Our Friends in the North? That was magnificent but almost impossible to get.

A year or so ago I re watched it again but had to do it on dodgy laptop streams.

Well worth it though. Just the tonic for an infirm man.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 1:08]

Oi Gainsborough on 01:14 - Dec 6 with 1062 viewsgainsboroughblue

Oi Gainsborough on 01:05 - Dec 6 by Lord_Lucan

Oh Man!

Did you ever see Our Friends in the North? That was magnificent but almost impossible to get.

A year or so ago I re watched it again but had to do it on dodgy laptop streams.

Well worth it though. Just the tonic for an infirm man.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 1:08]

I think I did. Certainly that cast ensemble looks familiar but don't recall stories. Loading it up on YouTube now!

Login to get fewer ads

Oi Gainsborough on 09:04 - Dec 6 with 921 viewsEdwardStone

Oi Gainsborough on 00:02 - Dec 6 by gainsboroughblue

I always loved the character of Doc Morrissey; relentlessly downbeat and seedy

His scenes with RP were superb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024