Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harris done deal 22:56 - Dec 13 with 16074 viewsportmanking

Rumours gathering pace on WhatsApp among a few people I know connected to the club that it's sorted. Bircham could indeed be part of Harris' coaching setup, which could explain his odds with the bookies.

If this does have legs, I have to say I'm truly, truly gutted we've chucked Cookie for this lot.
Harris done deal on 10:59 - Dec 14 with 1161 viewsChorleyBoy

Harris done deal on 08:32 - Dec 14 by wkj

I'm not so sure Harry Redknapp would come here as an assistant

The work you've done on those cheeks is something to behold. Nice.
Harris done deal on 11:14 - Dec 14 with 1079 viewsRyorry

Harris done deal on 10:16 - Dec 14 by itfcjoe

The big change from Mick to Hurst was that we went from having one of the lowest wage budgets in the league to having an ever lower one and a manager who didn't have the track record to question it or deal with it

You have to trust the team here now to recruit better, both in terms of manager and players

I've no idea of the finances with this, or how much cash our new owners are willing/able to splash/not splash. If they've set some sort of limit, is it possible they might juggle within their own budget and choose a "cheaper" manager to offset buying player/s like Walton?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Harris done deal on 11:20 - Dec 14 with 1039 viewsjpemb

If this does happen it will obviously be disappointing but we all need to still get behind the board and Harris as we can't afford to have a gap between the fans and the club.
Harris done deal on 11:37 - Dec 14 with 947 viewsclive_baker

Harris done deal on 09:37 - Dec 14 by JeanManuelThetis

Ok, so let's say we get stable in the Championship under Harris (or other similar 'short term' manager). He is then replaced by a young exciting coach with long term potential. a) how long will it take to re-work the entire squad and ethos to their style and b) what if we are then relegated back to League One?

That doesn't sound like a long term plan to me.

I think any talk beyond getting out of L1 is premature. We're attempting to solve problems to issues we're not being faced with. Harris would give us a shot at getting out of L1, if not this season then next. He also has Championship experience, and experiece of stabilising a club at that level. I don't think we should let perfection become the enemy of progress, all we really need to concern ourselves with right now is getting up to the Championship, the rest can wait. 2 years is a long time in football.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Harris done deal on 11:50 - Dec 14 with 856 viewsRyorry

Harris done deal on 11:37 - Dec 14 by clive_baker

I think any talk beyond getting out of L1 is premature. We're attempting to solve problems to issues we're not being faced with. Harris would give us a shot at getting out of L1, if not this season then next. He also has Championship experience, and experiece of stabilising a club at that level. I don't think we should let perfection become the enemy of progress, all we really need to concern ourselves with right now is getting up to the Championship, the rest can wait. 2 years is a long time in football.

Agree. The main thing we've shown so far this season is that overall, we haven't been able to handle the physicality of L1. Other teams have beaten us by their strength and organisation (as well as our inability to make changes during games under Cook).

Harris done deal on 11:54 - Dec 14 with 812 viewswkj

Harris done deal on 10:59 - Dec 14 by ChorleyBoy

The work you've done on those cheeks is something to behold. Nice.

"Working Redknapp's Cheeks" is something I have often daydreamed about.

Although Harry and Jamie weren't the ones I was thinking about.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Harris done deal on 11:57 - Dec 14 with 788 viewsmarcus1642

I see the man with his legendary "sources" hasn't stepped into this conversation yet.
Harris done deal on 12:03 - Dec 14 with 716 viewsRyorry

Harris done deal on 11:54 - Dec 14 by wkj

"Working Redknapp's Cheeks" is something I have often daydreamed about.

Although Harry and Jamie weren't the ones I was thinking about.

Login to get fewer ads

Harris done deal on 12:04 - Dec 14 with 707 viewsloftboy

Can only comment on Bircham, loved him as a player, scored some good crucial goals for us.
He has worked hard to get his badges, has his full licences and has done thing the correct way and unlike certain big names hasn’t been parachuted into a big job just because of who he is.
He had a very brief spell as a caretaker coach at QPR and hopefully one day he’ll come back and manage us.
Harris done deal on 12:17 - Dec 14 with 619 viewsRadlett_blue

Harris done deal on 12:04 - Dec 14 by loftboy

Can only comment on Bircham, loved him as a player, scored some good crucial goals for us.
He has worked hard to get his badges, has his full licences and has done thing the correct way and unlike certain big names hasn’t been parachuted into a big job just because of who he is.
He had a very brief spell as a caretaker coach at QPR and hopefully one day he’ll come back and manage us.

Bircham does have 12 years experience of coaching/management & I think did work with Harris for a while at Millwall so, who knows? May be better than Jeffers - seemed off him being parachuted in with only experience of coaching Everton's youngsters.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Harris done deal on 12:18 - Dec 14 with 613 viewspointofblue

Harris done deal on 11:37 - Dec 14 by clive_baker

Stabilising a club at that level - admittedly he finished 8th in his first season in the Championship but they crashed to 21st on the second before entering a horrific run near the start to the third which led to his resignation. Same with Cardiff; did brilliantly at first, albeit with a squad which had just been relegated from the Premier League, taking them from mid table to 5th but he had an awful run the following season (again) which is why he’s a free agent now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024