Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They might not let Boris back from India at this rate 13:28 - Apr 21 with 2191 viewsElderGrizzly

Steve Baker just called for him to go...

[Post edited 21 Apr 2022 13:36]
They might not let Boris back from India at this rate on 13:35 - Apr 21 with 1774 viewsElderGrizzly

Plus Tories have dropped their amendment and will allow a 'free vote'.

How free we'll see this evening
[Post edited 21 Apr 2022 13:36]
They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 13:38 - Apr 21 with 1728 viewsMookamoo

I remember when Thatcher went. There was rumblings and discontent, but for ages nobody seriously thought they would kick her out. Then the momentum started getting a little out of control and all of a sudden she was gone.

Seems like the momentum is starting to speed up.
They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 13:40 - Apr 21 with 1708 viewsSwansea_Blue

He’s only just voted against the whip on whether asylum seekers should have the right to work if their claim takes longer than 6 months (only 11 Tory MPs did the decency thing).

Being sensible twice in short succession must be a record for him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 13:40 - Apr 21 with 1698 viewsElderGrizzly

They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 13:38 - Apr 21 by Mookamoo

I remember when Thatcher went. There was rumblings and discontent, but for ages nobody seriously thought they would kick her out. Then the momentum started getting a little out of control and all of a sudden she was gone.

Although the Met Police are helping him it appears, by not issuing any more fines due to PartyGate before the elections.

Police investigations are not subject to purdah, so this is a political decision.

They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 13:41 - Apr 21 with 1687 viewsElderGrizzly

They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 13:40 - Apr 21 by Swansea_Blue

He’s only just voted against the whip on whether asylum seekers should have the right to work if their claim takes longer than 6 months (only 11 Tory MPs did the decency thing).

Being sensible twice in short succession must be a record for him.

He and the ERG/CRG cabal will have a successor lined up.

And i'm guessing that is Mark Harper.
They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 13:46 - Apr 21 with 1635 viewsBlueNomad

They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 13:38 - Apr 21 by Mookamoo

Agreed, it could start to unravel for the Buffoon in Chief very quickly
They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 13:54 - Apr 21 with 1608 viewsElderGrizzly

They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 13:46 - Apr 21 by BlueNomad

Agreed, it could start to unravel for the Buffoon in Chief very quickly

Indeed.

The Met appear to be acting against their own guidance

They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 13:55 - Apr 21 with 1607 viewsSwansea_Blue

They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 13:41 - Apr 21 by ElderGrizzly

Yeah, with Harper being very vocal recently and now Baker turning, it does look like the ERG are making their move doesn’t it.

Harper would be a better alternative than any of the cronies Johnson has stuffed the cabinet with (who wouldn’t). But it is like choosing you favourite Norwich player. Ideal none of them..

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 13:58 - Apr 21 with 1590 viewsElderGrizzly

They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 13:55 - Apr 21 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, with Harper being very vocal recently and now Baker turning, it does look like the ERG are making their move doesn’t it.

Harper would be a better alternative than any of the cronies Johnson has stuffed the cabinet with (who wouldn’t). But it is like choosing you favourite Norwich player. Ideal none of them..

They are a bunch of chunts, but they are a very organised and strategic bunch of chunts.

And with Johnson out the country, an ideal opportunity to strike.
They might not let Boris back from India at this rate on 14:01 - Apr 21 with 1583 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

His supporters will say it's unfair all this speculation while he's away. Although probably part of the reason he's away is to deflect attention.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

They might not let Boris back from India at this rate on 14:03 - Apr 21 with 1563 viewsElderGrizzly

They might not let Boris back from India at this rate on 14:01 - Apr 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

His supporters will say it's unfair all this speculation while he's away. Although probably part of the reason he's away is to deflect attention.

The effort to put on a trip like that to India is months in the making. For once, that part isn't a cover up for him.

It is damaging for him to be away and he did consider not going when he thought it was going to be a 3 line whip vote.

They've changed that while he was landing into India.
They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 14:04 - Apr 21 with 1560 viewsEdwardStone

They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 13:55 - Apr 21 by Swansea_Blue

Harper is my local MP here in Forest of Dean

He was done a few years ago for paying his Filipino nanny cash in hand, iirc nanny didn't even have the correct status to be working in this country

Party of Law and Order...?????
They might not let Boris back from India at this rate on 14:06 - Apr 21 with 1550 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

They might not let Boris back from India at this rate on 14:03 - Apr 21 by ElderGrizzly

The effort to put on a trip like that to India is months in the making. For once, that part isn't a cover up for him.

It is damaging for him to be away and he did consider not going when he thought it was going to be a 3 line whip vote.

They've changed that while he was landing into India.

I'd argue he's been on the rack for months! But fairy nuff.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 14:15 - Apr 21 with 1484 viewsMookamoo

They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 13:41 - Apr 21 by ElderGrizzly

They'll start with the whole 'put up or shut up' rhetoric in order to look loyal, but actually just goad the rest of the minions into triggering the leadership vote.
They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 14:20 - Apr 21 with 1462 viewspointofblue

Wasn’t the boot stuck in when she was abroad too?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

They might not let Boris back from India at this rate on 14:35 - Apr 21 with 1418 viewsHARRY10

They might not let Boris back from India at this rate on 14:01 - Apr 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

They packed the mad woman off to Paris when they wanted rid of her.

On hearing the news of the vote against her, she managed to get out and tell the waiting press that she would fight, fight......oblivious to the reality

She resigned the next day

Johnson is finished, the timing will depend on agreeing his replacement, They don't want an unseemly battle, so I expect there will be a far old amount of 'horse trading' ongoing.

All Blubba can for now is to try and save what's left of the morsel of self respect. If he is voted out, then that is a public acknowledgement he has failed, and will forever be tarnished by that fact.

Anyone with a scrap of self respect would jump, long before he was pushed. But with Blubba we have someone with no decency, no sense of honour or even honesty.

So hang on in there fatboy - you are a godsend to the opposition.
They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 14:36 - Apr 21 with 1414 viewsMookamoo

They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 14:20 - Apr 21 by pointofblue

Wasn’t the boot stuck in when she was abroad too?

Wasn't she doing some sort of European summit thing and didn't come back for the vote assuming she would walk it?

I suppose we don't have the Heseltine character this time, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone like Jeremy Hunt steps out of the shadows in the next day or two.
They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 14:56 - Apr 21 with 1353 viewspointofblue

They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 14:36 - Apr 21 by Mookamoo

Wasn't she doing some sort of European summit thing and didn't come back for the vote assuming she would walk it?

I suppose we don't have the Heseltine character this time, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone like Jeremy Hunt steps out of the shadows in the next day or two.

I remember the famous clip of her storming out of a building, barging past John Sargeant, asking for a mic and having to use his.

They might not let Boris back from India at this rate on 14:57 - Apr 21 with 1359 viewsElderGrizzly

They might not let Boris back from India at this rate on 14:35 - Apr 21 by HARRY10

They packed the mad woman off to Paris when they wanted rid of her.

On hearing the news of the vote against her, she managed to get out and tell the waiting press that she would fight, fight......oblivious to the reality

She resigned the next day

Johnson is finished, the timing will depend on agreeing his replacement, They don't want an unseemly battle, so I expect there will be a far old amount of 'horse trading' ongoing.

All Blubba can for now is to try and save what's left of the morsel of self respect. If he is voted out, then that is a public acknowledgement he has failed, and will forever be tarnished by that fact.

Anyone with a scrap of self respect would jump, long before he was pushed. But with Blubba we have someone with no decency, no sense of honour or even honesty.

So hang on in there fatboy - you are a godsend to the opposition.

Beth Rigby just tore him a new one on Sky News interview in India.

His appeals for aides to extract him didn't work. Shame...
They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 15:06 - Apr 21 with 1314 viewsHARRY10

They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 14:56 - Apr 21 by pointofblue

I remember the famous clip of her storming out of a building, barging past John Sargeant, asking for a mic and having to use his.

The words of Peter Morrison who took the call from London was that 'she got out', as a handful in the British embassy were discussing the implications of her not gaining an overall majority.

She had begun to believe her own publicity and had become a liability, see poll tax riots.

Unfortunately the walrus has only ever believed his own lies, and has a mindset that if he says it....it must be true.

Like Trump, the investigations into his 'wrong doing' will continue for somewhile, If only if to act as some kind of stake through the heart.
They might not let Boris back from India at this rate on 15:26 - Apr 21 with 1277 viewsNthQldITFC

They might not let Boris back from India at this rate on 14:57 - Apr 21 by ElderGrizzly

That was very funny to watch, in a cruel way. He looked like an old, overstuffed parrot in a too small cage, pulling his own feathers out and constantly calling 'Get on with the job at hand, Get on with the job at hand, Yark! Apologised for the FPN, Apologised for the FPN, Yark! Yark!"

What about apologising for the repeated acts, or better still apologising for repeatedly lying to Parliament and to the public, you mangy old flea-bitted Richard the Third? Cockatoo.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 16:03 - Apr 21 with 1221 viewseireblue

They might not let Boris back from India in at this rate on 13:40 - Apr 21 by ElderGrizzly

Although the Met Police are helping him it appears, by not issuing any more fines due to PartyGate before the elections.

Police investigations are not subject to purdah, so this is a political decision.

Justice delayed is justice denied.

Maybe Johnson has taken that, not quite as it was intended.
They might not let Boris back from India at this rate on 16:10 - Apr 21 with 1201 viewspointofblue

They might not let Boris back from India at this rate on 14:57 - Apr 21 by ElderGrizzly

The irony that it was Beth Rigby doing the interview…

https://inews.co.uk/news/media/beth-rigby-returns-sky-news-three-month-breaking-

They might not let Boris back from India at this rate on 16:20 - Apr 21 with 1184 viewsmutters

I have just moved from Monmouthshire to South Glos and so my MP has gone from David T Davies to Mark Harper.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/04/19/tory-mp-mark-harper-tells-boris-johnson-to-quit-a

I am pleased to have actually have an MP that I agree with! No idea about his history or past form (he used to be the chief whip, so maybe a bit dubious?) however it seems like a step in the right direction and certainly an upgrade. Not that thats saying much.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

They might not let Boris back from India at this rate on 16:34 - Apr 21 with 1146 viewsElderGrizzly

They might not let Boris back from India at this rate on 16:10 - Apr 21 by pointofblue

The irony that it was Beth Rigby doing the interview…

https://inews.co.uk/news/media/beth-rigby-returns-sky-news-three-month-breaking-

Someone who paid the price for breaking the law, suspended for 3 months and importantly admitted to it immediately.

Importantly, she isn't the Prime Minister. Who literally wrote the rules she broke.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024