Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst to get the profits to spend 12:51 - Jun 28 with 2791 viewsStokieBlue

Allegedly, according to the EADT:

The EADT and Ipswich Star understands that new Blues boss Paul Hurst has been assured by owner Marcus Evans that the funds raised will go straight into his transfer kitty as he looks to mould his own squad this summer.

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/webster-set-to-join-bristol-city-for-3-5m-1-5

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Hurst to get the profits to spend on 12:57 - Jun 28 with 2704 viewsCaptainObvious

McCarthy had £1.5m to spend on Huws/Garner/Waghorn so when Hurst has spent £5m we can say the funds have gone into the kitty.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Hurst to get the profits to spend on 12:57 - Jun 28 with 2688 viewshomer_123

This will be interesting.

It would be a departure from Micks reign if we see Hurst spending a coupe of million on a transfer fee and a contradict all that Evans has been saying about how the finance side of things will be the same for Hurst as under Mick.

More likely that those 'profits' will be eaten up by loan fees, wages and a small transfer kitty - the same as under Mick.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Hurst to get the profits to spend on 13:01 - Jun 28 with 2645 viewsHerbivore

Hurst to get the profits to spend on 12:57 - Jun 28 by CaptainObvious

McCarthy had £1.5m to spend on Huws/Garner/Waghorn so when Hurst has spent £5m we can say the funds have gone into the kitty.

McCarthy had the Murphy money to spend last summer having not replaced him in August.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hurst to get the profits to spend on 13:02 - Jun 28 with 2627 viewsJ2BLUE

Hope this is true and I hope it means we'll be able to bid for quality to replace Webster and it won't be spent on wages like they've claimed in the past. I know players don't play for free etc but i'm not convinced previous fees were fully reinvested.

This summer we've seen McGoldrick leave as well as Celina, Hyam, Bru, CCV, Connolly Gleeson and the Forest winger. We should already have a reasonable amount of wage budget to play with.

From the way Hurst has come across so far I think he has probably seen assured of investment. He doesn't seem the type to come in knowing we need to sell. We could have quite the war chest if we sell Bart as well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hurst to get the profits to spend on 13:13 - Jun 28 with 2556 viewsCambonbleu

I'm sure Webster is earning £5-7k per week

Lets not forget he now also has the £15k odd per week we were paying McGoldrick (£780k per year!). Good oppertunity to add to the squad with good hungry players on decent but slightly lower wages

Poll: How many Season Ticket holders will ITFC have next season?
Blog: Why All the Positivity?

Hurst to get the profits to spend on 13:35 - Jun 28 with 2419 viewsSteve_D

Heard it all before believe it if it happens.
Hurst to get the profits to spend on 13:36 - Jun 28 with 2400 viewsFixed_It

Hurst to get the profits to spend on 13:35 - Jun 28 by Steve_D

Heard it all before believe it if it happens.

You're no Steve_M are you?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Hurst to get the profits to spend on 13:46 - Jun 28 with 2343 viewsaardvaark

I hate the EADT website now its full of ads and so slow

Poll: When, not if, will Jewell go?

Login to get fewer ads

Hurst to get the profits to spend on 13:57 - Jun 28 with 2274 viewsSteve_D

Hurst to get the profits to spend on 13:36 - Jun 28 by Fixed_It

You're no Steve_M are you?!

No just a realist
Hurst to get the profits to spend on 14:00 - Jun 28 with 2265 viewsVaughan8

I really hope this is true. I think we need re-enforcements and definitely a centre back or 2.

I think mick had a "I'm not paying over the odds" attitude to transfers and so didn't get some people in because of it but it did suit our structure/strategy. It goes both ways. Also, I think he liked the fact he could fall back on the amount of money he spent when times were a bit difficult.

I think Hurst might be shipping a few more people out before the end of July. Bart is an obviously one (not because he isn't good, because he will probably want to go and 1 year left on his contract) and maybe a few more Hurst doesn't fancy.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 14:00]
Hurst to get the profits to spend on 14:09 - Jun 28 with 2220 viewsGuthrum

And where did the wages, agent fees, signing on payments, etc. come from?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hurst to get the profits to spend on 14:11 - Jun 28 with 2211 viewsFixed_It

Hurst to get the profits to spend on 14:09 - Jun 28 by Guthrum

And where did the wages, agent fees, signing on payments, etc. come from?

Please don't ask complicated questions!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Hurst to get the profits to spend on 14:14 - Jun 28 with 2209 viewsPhilTWTD

All fees received go into the kitty, the question is how much of the annual loss - basically wages - they cover. I'm sure PH will get some cash to spend on fees - not £3m on one player or anything like that but smaller figures - but some will go towards wages to some degree.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Hurst to get the profits to spend on 15:01 - Jun 28 with 2083 viewsWBBlue18

Hurst to get the profits to spend on 14:14 - Jun 28 by PhilTWTD

All fees received go into the kitty, the question is how much of the annual loss - basically wages - they cover. I'm sure PH will get some cash to spend on fees - not £3m on one player or anything like that but smaller figures - but some will go towards wages to some degree.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The wage budget should be the same in total - i.e. as we have removed say 7 players from the wage bill say at an average of £8K per week = £56K total, then we can add to the squad with either less, the same or more players to that ongoing value, at cash flow level without any major change to way it is being financed within the budget. Transfer fees and agents fees are a separate entity in the P&L.
Hurst to get the profits to spend on 18:37 - Jun 28 with 1993 viewsitfcjoe

I really do hope this is the case, because previously fees have just lowered what Evans has put in annually.

If Evans wants this club to progress, it is vital that he sees fees re-invested and accepts the £5-6m he loses a year can't be offset when we get a fee in

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024