Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
State of the Board Discussion 18:16 - Jun 5 with 61251 viewsPhilTWTD

Another not overly pleasant day on here, even though we've had a signing, even if not a particularly high profile one.

Despite its not particularly brilliant or insightful starting point the 'All these protesters' thread has rather got to the crux of one of the bigger issues at the moment.

There are a number of posters who, rather than engaging in debate on an issue - political, brexit-related usually - post an insult aimed at a group they disagree with or something deliberately inflammatory without having any intention of involving themselves in any actual debate. It's all got very snipey, not just at other users but in a wider sense, protesters being today's target.

The forum has always been a friendly, inclusive place, welcoming to all, a community. Disagreements and argument maybe, but for the most part there's been an underlying geniality and good humour, posters have helped one another out and looked out for one another. This does appear to be being undermined by the recent unpleasant undertone.

While we've always been the ones running the site, we've never sought to be overly dictatorial. We've often put matters relating to it to posters. I don't particularly like banning people (although we have banned one user as Gav had an investigate and discovered a long-banned user with a new name), I usually give posters more than enough warnings to give them ample chance to use the board in line with the manner in which most others post.

Should we be a bit more draconian in how we police this sort of thing? Getting a bit fed up with how the last few days have progressed. We've gone from abuse PMs being a rarity to them becoming frequent most days. Have had a fair bit going on away from TWTD lately and haven't really needed the additional unnecessary hassle.

Obviously the sort of nonsense outlined above needs to end or we will have to ban a few more users, but any thoughts on how else we can try to get things back to normal?
State of the Board Discussion on 12:42 - Jun 8 with 2843 viewsbluelagos

State of the Board Discussion on 12:40 - Jun 8 by bluelagos

My twopenneth...

When you are unhappy with a poster, give them a warning and a week ban. Second time, make it a fortnight, 3rd time cheerio.

Posters may reform and if they refuse, you get rid.

I'd maybe consider having some mods. You don't have the time and some arguments could be stopped way quicker.

Lastly, I'd think the enforced mutual ignore could be a goer where 2 otherwise OK posters simply can't respond to each other.

20 pages? Presume things descended? Can't be arsed reading it tbh

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

State of the Board Discussion on 12:47 - Jun 8 with 2837 viewsfooters

State of the Board Discussion on 12:42 - Jun 8 by bluelagos

20 pages? Presume things descended? Can't be arsed reading it tbh

There were several threats of litigation earlier but thankfully all sides backed down.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

State of the Board Discussion on 13:25 - Jun 8 with 2801 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

State of the Board Discussion on 12:34 - Jun 8 by MJallday

ESO is split into specific PVP and PVE areas, so you wont get killed unwittingly. i like that. im not much of a PVP'er but ill do it when theres a group of us, or im pushing for Emporer on a low level campaign.

If you ever play it, i urge you to try the PVE 1 man content "veteran maelstrom arena" - which is possibly the most frustrating,upsetting and traumatic - but yet rewarding piece of computer game content i have ever done in close on 35 years of playing games.

i consider myself a relatively calm person, but i've thrown my controller at the TV on more than one occasion whilst playing this. people have smashed their houses and TV's up because of this place. its got a serious reputation.

ive never known a place like it to do what it does to a person. Its like the content knows how well you are doing and then suddenly without warning kicks you in the nuts, putting you back to square 1.

when i completed it for the first time (it took me 6-9 months of learning it) - i actually cried and i'm not even joking. the weird thing, EVERYONE goes through the same emotional journey - which is what makes it brilliant.

weirdest bit, i can clear it in about an hour now. but my first clear - it was genuinely emotional. it literally felt liek that bit at the end of the shawshank redemption when Andy Dufrey climbs out of the sewers!

i spend most of my time doing the 12 man trials and 4 man dungeons these days - that and helping out newbies in my guilds.

id urge anyone to play ESO - it is fabulous - take a look at some of the videos online.

You are really not selling this to me but it sounds like Miss Slave's emotional journey that is 'Hungry Shark.'

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

State of the Board Discussion on 13:57 - Jun 8 with 2778 viewsSuperblue95

State of the Board Discussion on 11:59 - Jun 8 by MJallday

we have a fair few "seniors" in my main guild (you can join 5) - it makes for a leisurely play experience. the youngsters tend to go off and get slaughterd by the dragons whilst we just sit at the back and point and laugh :)

for £4.99 - i can honestly say ive never paid less for what is now over 130 DAYS of gametime entertainment. astonishing, given the whole thing is in 4k HDR, has 14miion players a month and the size it is (the current game stands at 120gb or so)

i literally live on there. id urge anybody who is into MMO's to play it.

Have you considered trying having sex instead of living in a virtual world?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

State of the Board Discussion on 13:59 - Jun 8 with 2771 viewswkj

State of the Board Discussion on 13:57 - Jun 8 by Superblue95

Why not both, they have VR now, all of the pleasure, none of the commitment - beyond the monthly subscription fee that is.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

State of the Board Discussion on 14:00 - Jun 8 with 2766 viewsSpruceMoose

State of the Board Discussion on 13:59 - Jun 8 by wkj

Why not both, they have VR now, all of the pleasure, none of the commitment - beyond the monthly subscription fee that is.

Very reasonable prices! SpruceDoll features fully realistic rubber antlers and ass for days.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

State of the Board Discussion on 14:02 - Jun 8 with 2765 viewswkj

State of the Board Discussion on 14:00 - Jun 8 by SpruceMoose

Very reasonable prices! SpruceDoll features fully realistic rubber antlers and ass for days.

Perfect for when you live out your fantasy of being porked by a bunch of green immigrants on the bridge.

State of the Board Discussion on 14:23 - Jun 8 with 2739 viewsRyorry

State of the Board Discussion on 14:02 - Jun 8 by wkj

Perfect for when you live out your fantasy of being porked by a bunch of green immigrants on the bridge.

Oooooo, the first ever TWTD orgy - see what can happen when you start threads like this Phil?!

Roll up, roll up ...

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Login to get fewer ads

State of the Board Discussion on 14:40 - Jun 8 with 2720 viewswkj

State of the Board Discussion on 14:23 - Jun 8 by Ryorry

Oooooo, the first ever TWTD orgy - see what can happen when you start threads like this Phil?!

Roll up, roll up ...

TWTD - Putting the Ork into Pork

State of the Board Discussion on 14:44 - Jun 8 with 2708 viewsRyorry

State of the Board Discussion on 14:40 - Jun 8 by wkj

These last few posts have had me genuinely lolling (and yes I do mean laughing out loud, nothing whatsoever to do with tongues, you dirty-minded lot ..!)

State of the Board Discussion on 17:46 - Jun 8 with 2609 viewsMJallday

State of the Board Discussion on 13:57 - Jun 8 by Superblue95

You sound like my wife

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

State of the Board Discussion on 17:48 - Jun 8 with 2605 viewsSuperblue95

State of the Board Discussion on 17:46 - Jun 8 by MJallday

You sound like my wife

State of the Board Discussion on 17:59 - Jun 8 with 2590 viewsSpruceMoose

State of the Board Discussion on 14:40 - Jun 8 by wkj

More like putting the yuck into...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

State of the Board Discussion on 20:44 - Jun 8 with 2505 viewsBrixtonBlue

State of the Board Discussion on 17:46 - Jun 8 by MJallday

You sound like my wife

It's bad enough JETpower burning his breakfast earlier because he was on here... but this is something else!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

State of the Board Discussion on 23:46 - Jun 8 with 2423 viewsRyorry

State of the Board Discussion on 20:32 - Jun 7 by StochesStotasBlewe

It would appear we are only two now chap.

Do you have water butts & can you give us a weekly report on said status of said butts?

Whats the story in Ballamory?

Far more than two! Just look back to the last gardening thread (which I'm too tired to look for now, but it was somebody asking about grassing over concrete I think - Mullet?) - there must have been a good dozen or so of us on it + BTR who's an organic farmer iirc

State of the Board Discussion on 00:13 - Jun 9 with 2405 viewssyntaxerror

State of the Board Discussion on 12:17 - Jun 8 by pickles110564

At the moment I'm on Azuremyst but will look for a pvp server and guild when classic starts.
Played rated arena last night and got lucky plugging a holy pala. Turns out he was in his 50's too. It was chilled games and understanding while we learnt to play together. Ended up with just under 1500 rating and winning slightly over 50% of the games.

I have an Alt on Azuremyst. Main is on Nordrassil but been inactive for months, as I really don't like BFA.
Will likely resub if Azshara is end boss though
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 0:15]
State of the Board Discussion on 10:17 - Jun 9 with 2304 viewswkj

Goodbye to you, the post of peace and healing. Sleep well sweet Prince.

State of the Board Discussion on 10:28 - Jun 9 with 2288 viewsRyorry

State of the Board Discussion on 10:17 - Jun 9 by wkj

Goodbye to you, the post of peace and healing. Sleep well sweet Prince.

Phil's deleted himself?

State of the Board Discussion on 10:31 - Jun 9 with 2281 viewsSuperblue95

State of the Board Discussion on 10:28 - Jun 9 by Ryorry

Phil's deleted himself?

He’s been overthrown by Mark

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024