Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Section 5 Row S 22:11 - Aug 20 with 8560 viewsmattrolow

To the guy in row s in section 5 who left after 67 minutes because you were a disgrace and booing the team...

...that one was for you. Please never come back.
Section 5 Row S on 22:13 - Aug 20 with 5884 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Whilst I get your point about people leaving early - it’s their own fault if they miss moments like that so I agree there.

That being said, I booed them off at half time. I feel like if players play that poorly, they deserve to be booed at halftime if I’ve paid my money. I wouldn’t boo during a game but at half time and full time, I feel they’re the two times booing is absolutely fair if it’s justified.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Section 5 Row S on 22:19 - Aug 20 with 5734 viewsmattrolow

Section 5 Row S on 22:13 - Aug 20 by The_Romford_Blue

Whilst I get your point about people leaving early - it’s their own fault if they miss moments like that so I agree there.

That being said, I booed them off at half time. I feel like if players play that poorly, they deserve to be booed at halftime if I’ve paid my money. I wouldn’t boo during a game but at half time and full time, I feel they’re the two times booing is absolutely fair if it’s justified.

Romford Blue, I completely respect your point. However, I think booing at half time is very much during the game and has a massive negative impact on the team.

This aside, tonight was a situation more than I have ever had where the person continued to boo and call them c**** through the whole game, to the point where I’m sure they could hear it. Personally, I don’t think that has any place during the game and the support we showed in the second half, I’ve got no doubt, lead to us getting the equaliser and the winner

We’re four games into the season, up the town and we’ll do well.
Section 5 Row S on 22:22 - Aug 20 with 5669 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Section 5 Row S on 22:19 - Aug 20 by mattrolow

Romford Blue, I completely respect your point. However, I think booing at half time is very much during the game and has a massive negative impact on the team.

This aside, tonight was a situation more than I have ever had where the person continued to boo and call them c**** through the whole game, to the point where I’m sure they could hear it. Personally, I don’t think that has any place during the game and the support we showed in the second half, I’ve got no doubt, lead to us getting the equaliser and the winner

The positive support definitely helped second half. Supporters have a big part to play I agree.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Section 5 Row S on 22:22 - Aug 20 with 5669 viewsDavland

Heard and saw this guy as well.. worst thing for me was him looking at his phone for most of the game and then look up occasionally and shouting and booing. Lots of others were moaning at what was a below par performance but were at least watching the game!

He was called out by people near him and decided to leave.. was hilarious that he then missed an excellent come back in the final 10 minutes.
Section 5 Row S on 00:17 - Aug 21 with 5382 viewsmattrolow

Section 5 Row S on 22:22 - Aug 20 by Davland

Heard and saw this guy as well.. worst thing for me was him looking at his phone for most of the game and then look up occasionally and shouting and booing. Lots of others were moaning at what was a below par performance but were at least watching the game!

He was called out by people near him and decided to leave.. was hilarious that he then missed an excellent come back in the final 10 minutes.

Just glad the fans that got behind the lads saw that last 10 minutes.
Section 5 Row S on 04:25 - Aug 21 with 5238 viewsBluearmy71

Him and his principles hahahhahah smug arrogant little bell end!!

You can imagine what an utter tw@t he felt when he heard the result, tell me son just how deflated is your ego now??

As Matt (OP) said he offered no support whatsoever just moaned at everything, I wonder if the food bars downstairs serve humble pie if he ever comes back he's gonna need a lot of it!

A fantastic win for us and so pleased for Jackson to hit the winner, he has far too many critics on here, since he arrived I've been singing his praises, I see a really good player there he just needed composure and confidence and he will be well worth his price in no time and tonight he showed he had both, hope this was the boost you needed Kayden have a great season!!
Section 5 Row S on 04:46 - Aug 21 with 5220 viewsmos

After a disappointing meal at a restaurant, do you boo the chefs too?

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Section 5 Row S on 05:10 - Aug 21 with 5175 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Section 5 Row S on 04:46 - Aug 21 by mos

try booing after the starter, then see what happens to your main course.

Poll: would you rather

Login to get fewer ads

Section 5 Row S on 06:21 - Aug 21 with 5054 viewsKropotkin123

Section 5 Row S on 04:46 - Aug 21 by mos

Only between courses or at the end. It's completely justified... allegedly

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Section 5 Row S on 06:40 - Aug 21 with 4985 viewstextbackup

you feel it ok to boo at half time? when there 45mins for them to change the game still?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Section 5 Row S on 06:51 - Aug 21 with 4937 viewsmarkbrennansghost

Section 5 Row S on 22:19 - Aug 20 by mattrolow

Exactly the same thing happened at Peterborough on Saturday. Second half a guy was calling all our players the c word. He got called out and it ended in a little bit of fisticuffs. The guys left before the end and missed the equaliser!
Section 5 Row S on 06:56 - Aug 21 with 4906 viewsBogblue

Section 5 Row S on 05:10 - Aug 21 by LegendofthePhoenix

try booing after the starter, then see what happens to your main course.

technical point, you can't see spit
Section 5 Row S on 07:34 - Aug 21 with 4771 viewstractorshark

Not a dig at you personally because lots do it but this is one of the reasons modern football and the modern football fan get on my t*ts.
Always a massive sense of entitlement. Teams play badly, it happens. As a football fan, you don’t enter into a written contract that guarantees a quality performance for your hard-earned money.
That uncertainty is part of the charm and addiction.
At the end of the season, only 3 clubs in this division can truly achieve success. The rest will be ranked according to various degrees of failure.
But I will enjoy every second of supporting my team as I have done for donkey’s years. And, yes, even when they driving me nuts and I’m cursing the useless sods. But booing? It just goes against the grain for me.
And don’t get me started on the f**knuts who called for VAR...
Section 5 Row S on 08:21 - Aug 21 with 4615 viewsCuffy81

I'm on Row R and I could hear someone rattling on, then it went quiet must have been him

Justice served with a 94th minute winner
Section 5 Row S on 08:22 - Aug 21 with 4600 viewsSpruceMoose

Section 5 Row S on 06:40 - Aug 21 by textbackup

you feel it ok to boo at half time? when there 45mins for them to change the game still?

Kids today. Entitled monsters.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Section 5 Row S on 08:43 - Aug 21 with 4525 viewsChurchman

Section 5 Row S on 22:22 - Aug 20 by Davland

I’m glad he was called out. He deserved to be and I’ve no idea why people like that go to games.

I have never been one to boo, though I’ve been know to have a good moan to fellow supporters with the best of them. But people pay their money and within reason have the right to express their views any way they like. I’m just not sure it’s helpful, especially to young players, at half time.
Section 5 Row S on 09:12 - Aug 21 with 4419 viewsBlueBlood90

These muppets never fail to amuse me. From the very start of the second half it was looking likely that if we got that equaliser then we'd go on to get a winner.

Why do people pay £25 for a ticket to just sit and moan and then leave early?

Good riddance to him.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Section 5 Row S on 10:15 - Aug 21 with 4296 viewsElephantintheRoom

If you think booing is justified, why not boo them on to the pitch as well just to remind them they are trying their hardest but playing in front of morons who don't know how difficult it is to adapt to a manager's strange team selection or Wimbledon's ability, such as it was.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Section 5 Row S on 11:19 - Aug 21 with 4113 viewsbahri

Do you boo the horse you’ve backed together with the jockey, trainer and groom when it runs badly?

redandella

Section 5 Row S on 12:46 - Aug 21 with 3952 viewsunbelievablue

Section 5 Row S on 09:12 - Aug 21 by BlueBlood90

These muppets never fail to amuse me. From the very start of the second half it was looking likely that if we got that equaliser then we'd go on to get a winner.

Why do people pay £25 for a ticket to just sit and moan and then leave early?

Good riddance to him.

Doubt he paid £25...

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Section 5 Row S on 12:54 - Aug 21 with 3933 viewsbritbiker

Two seasons ago there used to be a guy who looked like uncle festa in the lower north who would bitch all game every game. He had a group of sycophants around him so I assumed it made him feel like the alpha dog.
He disappeared last year and its veen a much more enjoyable atmosphere ever since. In fact his mates are a good bunch without him. If we become successful this year i'm sure he will return to give us all the benefit if his wisdom.

Would like to think his wife does the same to him if his performances at home aren't up to scratch.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 13:09]
Section 5 Row S on 13:05 - Aug 21 with 3879 viewsSouperJim

Section 5 Row S on 12:54 - Aug 21 by britbiker

Two seasons ago there used to be a guy who looked like uncle festa in the lower north who would bitch all game every game. He had a group of sycophants around him so I assumed it made him feel like the alpha dog.
He disappeared last year and its veen a much more enjoyable atmosphere ever since. In fact his mates are a good bunch without him. If we become successful this year i'm sure he will return to give us all the benefit if his wisdom.

Would like to think his wife does the same to him if his performances at home aren't up to scratch.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 13:09]

I actually quite enjoy those fans, it's fun taking the piss out of them. We used to have a guy who would sprint down the steps to the railing above the nearest stairwell when someone made an error, shouting abuse as he went. It was highly amusing, we'd take bets on when he would next be off. Then one game he took his hat off and threw it during one of these outbursts and became known as Chuck. "Go on Chuck!" we would shout. "You tell em Chuck!".

They often gather up a little group of cronies don't they? I like the ones who hold court at half time. If you saunter up and politely tell them they're talking complete rubbish, their support is awful and they should get behind the team for a change, they rarely can string together a coherent response.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Section 5 Row S on 13:18 - Aug 21 with 3802 viewsblueislander

Section 5 Row S on 13:05 - Aug 21 by SouperJim

I actually quite enjoy those fans, it's fun taking the piss out of them. We used to have a guy who would sprint down the steps to the railing above the nearest stairwell when someone made an error, shouting abuse as he went. It was highly amusing, we'd take bets on when he would next be off. Then one game he took his hat off and threw it during one of these outbursts and became known as Chuck. "Go on Chuck!" we would shout. "You tell em Chuck!".

They often gather up a little group of cronies don't they? I like the ones who hold court at half time. If you saunter up and politely tell them they're talking complete rubbish, their support is awful and they should get behind the team for a change, they rarely can string together a coherent response.

I sat in front of two real moaners at the play-off final. They seemed to be in their element when we went one down expressing how right they were. When we equalized I turned round and said “Perhaps you’ll shut the f-ck up now” they were fairly quiet after that.
Section 5 Row S on 13:26 - Aug 21 with 3766 viewschicoazul

Imagine being the kind of person who holds such a terrible opinion.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Section 5 Row S on 13:41 - Aug 21 with 3727 viewsKeanos_Monkey

Section 5 Row S on 10:15 - Aug 21 by ElephantintheRoom

If you think booing is justified, why not boo them on to the pitch as well just to remind them they are trying their hardest but playing in front of morons who don't know how difficult it is to adapt to a manager's strange team selection or Wimbledon's ability, such as it was.

How do you differentiate the booing of the manager to that of the players? I concur this is the managers fault btw.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024