Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it me or is this a waste of money? 13:12 - Dec 10 with 1401 viewsmonytowbray

£100k is not a lot in the scheme of things, but spent to drum up support for a deal that the public has no say on (as far as we are told at present) seems like a waste to me.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Is it me or is this a waste of money? on 13:17 - Dec 10 with 1355 viewsupthewallpaul

Totally agree it's a waste of money but I guess it's improvement on the £9m leaflet which worked so well
Is it me or is this a waste of money? on 13:35 - Dec 10 with 1301 viewsDeano69

Its not as though we haven't seen it on any other news outlet either??

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Is it me or is this a waste of money? on 14:06 - Dec 10 with 1229 viewsGuthrum

We did have a say on it. People ought to have been pressurising their MP to vote the way they wanted, rather than personal ideology or party instructions. If they refuse, don't vote for them again.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is it me or is this a waste of money? on 17:28 - Dec 10 with 1142 viewsWhymarkmariner

As with anything to do with Government money doesn't mean anything to them. Whether it's someone starting some hair brain scheme that costs millions and then abandoning it midway through or changing something that works just for the sake of change. How many people have worked somewhere where a new man is employed. He immediately has his office revamped. Changes work patterns whether they work or not and generally makes a complete hash of it. The biggest problem this Country has is shortermism . A government comes in, is only concerned with what it does for five years and leaves a mess for the next Government. A Company has an offer made on it, sells it so that shareholders make a nice wedge and the Directors can retire on a fat wedge and sod the workers. Some of our brightest and greatest Companies no longer exist, or at least have been sold to foreign investors. Utility Companies sold to China, Germany and France. We are now in the throws of leaving the EU. We need UK Companies. For heavens sake stop selling them.
Is it me or is this a waste of money? on 17:51 - Dec 10 with 1114 viewsmos

It is a waste in a sense that the money could have been spent the services (Education, Health etc). However to achieve a political goal, and to increase support, which is vital as we live in a democratic country, then spending that amount of money is far from being a ‘waste’.

The Telegraph suggests that the average person in the UK spends on average 24 hours ‘online’ - which presumably means browsing your phone, therefore it would be wise for an organisation to spend large proportions of their capital on social media advertising.

One clear reason for doing this is that most people have become easily impressioned and influenced, therefore spouting political propaganda their way could help to win their vote.

Some philosophers reckon that what we perceive to be right and wrong is through what we already know, therefore organisations spread their agendas over social media advertisements in order to feed information to the folk of Britain so that they believe in a certain way.

Obviously that’s at a very basic level, and there’s certainly a lot of factors that contribute to perception and our ‘understanding of what’s right and wrong’ such as cultural beliefs. And those that can critically think and evaluate information should be able to not become so called ‘sheep’ while those that can’t will.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024