Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vote swapping (n/t) 19:05 - Dec 11 with 778 viewsPlums

Has anyone tried this with any success? Trying to salve my conscience by doing a trade but every one is being rejected.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 19:07]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Vote swapping (n/t) on 19:38 - Dec 11 with 731 viewsbritbiker

Possibly a smidge illegal!.

On a similar vein. My missus and I vote opposite to one another thus effectively cancelling out our votes. Did the same on brexit as well. Just as well we don't discuss politics.
Vote swapping (n/t) on 19:40 - Dec 11 with 723 viewsPlums

Vote swapping (n/t) on 19:38 - Dec 11 by britbiker

Possibly a smidge illegal!.

On a similar vein. My missus and I vote opposite to one another thus effectively cancelling out our votes. Did the same on brexit as well. Just as well we don't discuss politics.

Definitely not illegal and the only way to make some votes count in our ridiculous system.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.

Vote swapping (n/t) on 19:53 - Dec 11 with 707 viewsRyorry

Interesting, hadn't heard of that before.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Vote swapping (n/t) on 19:53 - Dec 11 with 703 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Vote swapping (n/t) on 19:40 - Dec 11 by Plums

Definitely not illegal and the only way to make some votes count in our ridiculous system.

It is illegal.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Vote swapping (n/t) on 19:56 - Dec 11 with 697 viewsPlums

Vote swapping (n/t) on 19:53 - Dec 11 by The_Last_Baron

It is illegal.

On what basis? It’s parliamentary practice.
https://www.swapmyvote.uk/faq#legal

Vote swapping (n/t) on 19:56 - Dec 11 with 695 viewsRyorry

Vote swapping (n/t) on 19:53 - Dec 11 by The_Last_Baron

It is illegal.

How can it be illegal when it could never be proved as having taken place? It would need mindreaders to see into your thinking process. Mind you, the way things are going with spying on the population etc. ...

Vote swapping (n/t) on 20:00 - Dec 11 with 687 viewssparks

Vote swapping (n/t) on 19:56 - Dec 11 by Ryorry

How can it be illegal when it could never be proved as having taken place? It would need mindreaders to see into your thinking process. Mind you, the way things are going with spying on the population etc. ...

Just for the sake of precision here- the issue of legality is separate to the issue of proof!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Vote swapping (n/t) on 20:09 - Dec 11 with 663 viewsRyorry

Vote swapping (n/t) on 20:00 - Dec 11 by sparks

Just for the sake of precision here- the issue of legality is separate to the issue of proof!

Well yes I know, but if you & friend are sitting on a park bench and agree to swap votes, how on earth could that ever be proved? and surely possibilities which can't be proved would never make it onto the statute books for obvious pragmatic reasons?

Login to get fewer ads

Vote swapping (n/t) on 20:17 - Dec 11 with 644 viewseireblue

Vote swapping (n/t) on 19:56 - Dec 11 by Ryorry

It isn’t illegal. As long as there is no inducement or coercion.
Vote swapping (n/t) on 21:43 - Dec 11 with 596 viewsPlums

Just agreed a swap. I can now cast my vote with a clear conscience as the party I would have voted for (but who aren’t standing) will get support elsewhere.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024