Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Striker and Centre Back???? 09:39 - Aug 10 with 1179 viewsandyjr

Realistically we're not going to get a Striker on loan from the leagues below us. So i assume it'll either be a fringe Premier League player or Championship.

In terms of Centre Back, we could sign Tilt on loan with a clause saying we'll stump up the £1mil in Jan? (as seen in a different post)

Anyone have any ideas on players available who'd suit our new Barca style of play?

Poll: What is your all time favourite ITFC shirt sponsor?

New Striker and Centre Back???? on 09:44 - Aug 10 with 1148 viewstheinbetweener

As others have said, I'm not really too sure why everyone is so hyped up on Tilt. Has anybody actually seen him play? If there's an alternative, more suitable option out there for us then so be it.

Agree on your point though, a CB & ST still definitely required.

Nedum Onuoha is available on a free, would be a sensible option IMO.
New Striker and Centre Back???? on 09:57 - Aug 10 with 1103 viewsBasuco

this is a loan system designed to get around the transfer window closing early, loan until Jan then becomes permanent, or it could be a straight forward loan and return.
New Striker and Centre Back???? on 10:02 - Aug 10 with 1063 viewswkj

Striker I am not so worried about, Morris is only a matter of time until he scores, and he will do so this Season as an understudy. CB is a different kettle of fish. Tilt looked decent on youtube, but I wasn't heartbroken to see the deal sputter out. If we can get another CCV on loan this year I think that will be of greater impact to us than Tilt would have.

On a side not, as players age in the midfield, they some time drop back to the back line- do you folks think with Skuse' eye for interceptions and general solidarity in defensive play that he would potentially fall back into a CB position eventually?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

New Striker and Centre Back???? on 10:07 - Aug 10 with 1037 viewsandyjr

New Striker and Centre Back???? on 10:02 - Aug 10 by wkj

Striker I am not so worried about, Morris is only a matter of time until he scores, and he will do so this Season as an understudy. CB is a different kettle of fish. Tilt looked decent on youtube, but I wasn't heartbroken to see the deal sputter out. If we can get another CCV on loan this year I think that will be of greater impact to us than Tilt would have.

On a side not, as players age in the midfield, they some time drop back to the back line- do you folks think with Skuse' eye for interceptions and general solidarity in defensive play that he would potentially fall back into a CB position eventually?

I agree with your Morris point, however a striker with some experience of the leagues could be something we are missing potentially.

Tilt looks good on Youtube, not massively disappointed it didn't work out but wouldn't mind him still coming in.

Regarding Skuse, personally i think he'll be too lightweight for a CB and probably has no desire and could drop down to league 1 to carry play CM/CDM if he had too.

Poll: What is your all time favourite ITFC shirt sponsor?

New Striker and Centre Back???? on 10:08 - Aug 10 with 1029 viewsGuthrum

New Striker and Centre Back???? on 09:57 - Aug 10 by Basuco

this is a loan system designed to get around the transfer window closing early, loan until Jan then becomes permanent, or it could be a straight forward loan and return.

Essentially it's exactly the same as last season, just with the permanent transfer element of the window closing 22 days before the rest of it.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

New Striker and Centre Back???? on 10:22 - Aug 10 with 991 viewsChocorange

It could be another lower league striker on loan but with a deal agreed to make permanent in Jan .

That looks more likely to me than a young striker as we already have 2 of those of our own, unless we can get a really good young un in, someone like Solanki of Liverpool maybe
New Striker and Centre Back???? on 10:24 - Aug 10 with 982 viewsRamRob

New Striker and Centre Back???? on 10:22 - Aug 10 by Chocorange

It could be another lower league striker on loan but with a deal agreed to make permanent in Jan .

That looks more likely to me than a young striker as we already have 2 of those of our own, unless we can get a really good young un in, someone like Solanki of Liverpool maybe

Tammy Abraham would be the best, but think he's staying at Chelsea to warm the bench this season

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024