Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theroux, Louis 10:57 - Nov 19 with 814 viewsfooters

Anyone else watch his excellent documentary on assisted dying last night?

I rarely cry but it had me blubbing like a baby. Certainly a conversation that needs to be had more- and surprised that it's legal in so many US states. His best one in a while for me.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Theroux, Louis on 11:11 - Nov 19 with 793 viewsuefacup81

It was a very interesting watch.

I had so much sympathy for Gus and his family, and that sort of situation should be what it's used for. The biggest disgrace of that particular situation was that it seemed like the dose might not have been enough. If you're going to do that sort of thing, give the chap enough to take out an elephant.

The Final Exit Network folks were the other end of the scale, though. If you're justifying that sort of thing based on technicalities within the law, then what you're doing is clearly wrong.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Theroux, Louis on 11:23 - Nov 19 with 773 viewsfooters

Theroux, Louis on 11:11 - Nov 19 by uefacup81

It was a very interesting watch.

I had so much sympathy for Gus and his family, and that sort of situation should be what it's used for. The biggest disgrace of that particular situation was that it seemed like the dose might not have been enough. If you're going to do that sort of thing, give the chap enough to take out an elephant.

The Final Exit Network folks were the other end of the scale, though. If you're justifying that sort of thing based on technicalities within the law, then what you're doing is clearly wrong.

The rate that Gus' health deteriorated was shocking. When Louis asked them both in private what they'd do selfishly, they both said take the solution. But it's just so hard to come to that decision, especially when you have your family and a newborn all around you.

Agree about those Exit Network people. The bloke seemed to be using his sister's experience of dementia as a catch-all for everyone else, and both weirdly couldn't seem to understand why what they were doing could be morally questionable.

But you hit the nail on the head. If that solution wasn't strong enough, and the family went through the initial stages of bereavement before he just came round, that's unacceptable. Needs to kill 100%.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024