Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, VAR is still a farce then (n/t) 20:40 - Feb 20 with 4247 viewsSuperblue95

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

So, VAR is still a farce then (n/t) on 00:56 - Feb 21 with 577 viewsTrequartista

The bloated monster that is modern football hurtles towards farcical self-destruction

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

So, VAR is still a farce then (n/t) on 08:32 - Feb 21 with 541 viewsGarv

So, VAR is still a farce then (n/t) on 00:33 - Feb 21 by Darth_Koont

That doesn't make sense. The time to review the decision is the time it takes to review the decision. And in rugby it's much, much quicker for the sort of obvious decisions that are reviewed in football matches and without as many camera angles to get the clearest view.

In rugby the VAR official also quickly reviews footage while play is ongoing and can halt play when it's clear what's being seen. Football could also play on more than it does but for some reason everything has to come to a grinding halt and simple decisions then need to be discussed in detail for minutes at a time.

What doesn't make sense? Football has fewer and shorter breaks in play than Rugby, Cricket and Tennis, no?

The reason it takes so long is because at the end of the day, apart from offsides, the decision is still being made by a human and largely based on opinion. That's why the whole thing is a waste of time.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

So, VAR is still a farce then (n/t) on 12:53 - Feb 21 with 521 viewsDarth_Koont

So, VAR is still a farce then (n/t) on 08:32 - Feb 21 by Garv

What doesn't make sense? Football has fewer and shorter breaks in play than Rugby, Cricket and Tennis, no?

The reason it takes so long is because at the end of the day, apart from offsides, the decision is still being made by a human and largely based on opinion. That's why the whole thing is a waste of time.

You're getting sidetracked by other breaks in play. But I'll try again.

The breaks to review decisions in football take much, much longer than the breaks to review similarly clearcut decisions in rugby. So maybe they need to follow or learn from the quicker process.

Pronouns: He/Him

So, VAR is still a farce then (n/t) on 19:16 - Feb 22 with 483 viewsGarv

So, VAR is still a farce then (n/t) on 12:53 - Feb 21 by Darth_Koont

You're getting sidetracked by other breaks in play. But I'll try again.

The breaks to review decisions in football take much, much longer than the breaks to review similarly clearcut decisions in rugby. So maybe they need to follow or learn from the quicker process.

They won't though because as mentioned the decisions are still down to opinion and relies on a human deciding what the outcome should be. My point regarding breaks in play still stands.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024