Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everything that is wrong with modern football 09:39 - Aug 14 with 960 viewsNazemariner

Ajax being asked to qualify for the Champions League proper, depsite winning their league and narrowly missing out on a place in the final last year. Whilst Bayer Leverkusen qualify having finished 4th and 20 pts behind league winners Bayern.
Everything that is wrong with modern football on 09:41 - Aug 14 with 926 viewsKieran_Knows

All to do with the coefficients, which is just wrong. Punishing good teams like Ajax in weak leagues.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Everything that is wrong with modern football on 09:54 - Aug 14 with 885 viewsNazemariner

Everything that is wrong with modern football on 09:41 - Aug 14 by Kieran_Knows

All to do with the coefficients, which is just wrong. Punishing good teams like Ajax in weak leagues.

And there's me thinking it was all about who bungs UEFA the most money.
Everything that is wrong with modern football on 10:12 - Aug 14 with 833 viewsITFC_Forever

Everything that is wrong with modern football on 09:41 - Aug 14 by Kieran_Knows

At least poor teams from poor leagues who lose to poor opponents don’t get through.

Yes, Celtic, I’m looking at you.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Everything that is wrong with modern football on 10:37 - Aug 14 with 775 viewsitfcbam

The whole set up in wrong, and has been for years. exactly that, can remember Dynamo Kiev getting to semi, quarter finals and still having to play 3 qualifiers. no wonder certain countries always do well. I think a set number of champions only shpuld go onto group stage, rest qualify. will never happen because UEFA want money from certain countries. all it does is increase the divide and make it harder for teams like Ajax, Celtic and co to bridge the money gap
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024