Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As lacking in confidence as our players are 22:27 - Apr 20 with 1359 viewsGlasgowBlue

What is even more worrying is that in every game we play, Paul Cook is being our coached.

Teams are set up to exploit our weaknesses and we dint have any answers. No tactical changes or substitutions that completely turn the game around.

This isn’t a Cook out post. Just real concerns.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

As lacking in confidence as our players are on 22:30 - Apr 20 with 1313 viewsIllinoisblue

Added to that, a very obvious lack of heart and desire from this squad. That video clip of McGuiness lazily giving the ball away with Dozzell making no effort to win it back sums up this team.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

As lacking in confidence as our players are on 22:30 - Apr 20 with 1308 viewsreusersfreekicks

His scattergun selections are worrying.
Plus at the moment we have 2 coaches, one who has never coached before and one who was part of a failed regime, is that the real problem
As lacking in confidence as our players are on 07:59 - Apr 21 with 1088 viewsGlasgowBlue

As lacking in confidence as our players are on 22:30 - Apr 20 by reusersfreekicks

His scattergun selections are worrying.
Plus at the moment we have 2 coaches, one who has never coached before and one who was part of a failed regime, is that the real problem

It’s worse than Lambingo. He’s been here long enough to know who he can trust and who he wants to stay. Stick with his preferred 11 and system and stock with it.

Iron Lion Zion

As lacking in confidence as our players are on 08:02 - Apr 21 with 1062 viewsZXBlue

As lacking in confidence as our players are on 07:59 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

It’s worse than Lambingo. He’s been here long enough to know who he can trust and who he wants to stay. Stick with his preferred 11 and system and stock with it.

That makes little sense. He has to try to find some magic formula for this season, as well as seeing all the different permutations so he can plan for next.
As lacking in confidence as our players are on 08:09 - Apr 21 with 1030 viewsitfcpaul

FGS the players are useless

should they need to be coached to pass a ball in a straight line to a team mate???????????

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

As lacking in confidence as our players are on 08:22 - Apr 21 with 959 viewsChurchman

I’m hoping he is giving the players a chance to show what they can do. These people play for a living. You’d have thought that however terrible the manager is (and Cook is the best around for the minnow leagues) they’d be breaking a sweat if only to show prospective clubs how good they are.

Cook has not covered himself in glory in these 12 games, but what sort of chance did he really have with deadbeats in a club that’s been a definition of shambles for years. I’m actually amazed he took the job and wouldn’t be surprised if he walked away at the end of the season. Unlike idiot Lambert there will be plenty of offers. Possibly go back to Wigan?

As for team set up against us. They know they are fitter, they know how they want to play and literally can run rings round walking footballers who couldn’t tackle a hot dinner. Get in their faces early, show whose boss, grab a goal and its game over.
As lacking in confidence as our players are on 08:24 - Apr 21 with 936 viewsBobbychase

As lacking in confidence as our players are on 08:09 - Apr 21 by itfcpaul

FGS the players are useless

should they need to be coached to pass a ball in a straight line to a team mate???????????

And I take issue with the idea he is using a scattergun approach and doesn't know what he's doing. He has been put in the situation where he needs to do two things at the same time.

1) Try and get an underperforming team (yeah we went on a little run around the time Lambert went, but for most of this season we have been garbage) to perform.
2) Assess who is worth keeping because fate has conspired to leave him with most of his senior players out of contract.

And when things haven't worked, he has tried something else., And when that didn't work, he tried something else again.

If he kept the same team, people would be giving him pelters for not switching things around.

Anyone who judges Cook when he's not had a transfer window...I don't know what to say that's polite.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

As lacking in confidence as our players are on 08:28 - Apr 21 with 910 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

As lacking in confidence as our players are on 08:22 - Apr 21 by Churchman

I’m hoping he is giving the players a chance to show what they can do. These people play for a living. You’d have thought that however terrible the manager is (and Cook is the best around for the minnow leagues) they’d be breaking a sweat if only to show prospective clubs how good they are.

Cook has not covered himself in glory in these 12 games, but what sort of chance did he really have with deadbeats in a club that’s been a definition of shambles for years. I’m actually amazed he took the job and wouldn’t be surprised if he walked away at the end of the season. Unlike idiot Lambert there will be plenty of offers. Possibly go back to Wigan?

As for team set up against us. They know they are fitter, they know how they want to play and literally can run rings round walking footballers who couldn’t tackle a hot dinner. Get in their faces early, show whose boss, grab a goal and its game over.

I think he took the job because he knew the takeover and investment were coming. I can't see any other reason for waiting for this job to become available.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

As lacking in confidence as our players are on 09:00 - Apr 21 with 861 viewspointofblue

As lacking in confidence as our players are on 08:24 - Apr 21 by Bobbychase

And I take issue with the idea he is using a scattergun approach and doesn't know what he's doing. He has been put in the situation where he needs to do two things at the same time.

1) Try and get an underperforming team (yeah we went on a little run around the time Lambert went, but for most of this season we have been garbage) to perform.
2) Assess who is worth keeping because fate has conspired to leave him with most of his senior players out of contract.

And when things haven't worked, he has tried something else., And when that didn't work, he tried something else again.

If he kept the same team, people would be giving him pelters for not switching things around.

Anyone who judges Cook when he's not had a transfer window...I don't know what to say that's polite.

I think this might be the key issue - Cook’s almost been caught in two minds how to approach the games he’s been manager for; go all out for the play offs or plan for the future. It feels like we’ve ended with a hybrid of the two which appears as a lack of short term direction or forethought.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

As lacking in confidence as our players are on 09:30 - Apr 21 with 796 viewsBlueNomad

As lacking in confidence as our players are on 07:59 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

I have a feeling he might want to keep Edwards - he keeps picking him.
As lacking in confidence as our players are on 09:32 - Apr 21 with 783 viewsStokieBlue

As lacking in confidence as our players are on 09:30 - Apr 21 by BlueNomad

Edwards was one of our better players and at least looked to get forward. Good shot against the woodwork as well.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind if he was gone at the end of the season.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

As lacking in confidence as our players are on 10:26 - Apr 21 with 703 viewschrismakin

PC even said himself hes having to make changes for fitness reasons. Which he doesnt like to do. He wants to make subs only when a tactical change needs to happen but he cant do that.

And then our options to come on. Hardly going to change a game are they

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

As lacking in confidence as our players are on 10:28 - Apr 21 with 688 viewsGlasgowBlue

As lacking in confidence as our players are on 09:30 - Apr 21 by BlueNomad

Edwards has shown desire and at least has a go at goal.

Iron Lion Zion

As lacking in confidence as our players are on 10:33 - Apr 21 with 664 viewsChrisd

It really is a frustrating time as a Town supporter, just when you think they can't sink any lower, this group of players finds another depth. We need to stick with PC, give him the summer and that transfer window. These players are a shambles and to judge him on that and expect him to lose his job because of it would be extremely tough. If things then don't pick up in August and September, then we can start rightfully start asking questions of PC and his coaching abilities.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024