Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) 14:04 - Mar 11 with 13972 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:49 - Mar 12 with 4499 viewsBLUEBEAT

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:44 - Mar 12 by jonbull88

The main point being the money is being spent but receiving nothing back. In any other aspect you wouldn’t just hand over money would you? If I wanted to watch on ifollow I’d pay £10 a game and do so.

Due to the current issues, the season at home could be finished for us fans, we’ve paid/agreed to pay for 5 more games, at £15/game it’s not just a “few quid” to some. I know some have compared holidays, but I’d prefer a meal, if you prepaid for a group meal, only for you to turn up and say sorry were closed tonight, would you and your group not want a refund? Or would you just say to your group “we have to suck it up”

If this sort of thing concerns you then more fool you for paying upfront for a ST rather than monthly direct debit.

I’m quite happy to lose out if it amounts to the saving of at least one stranger’s life. Dramatic but true.

Poll: W or W

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:11 - Mar 12 with 4472 viewsnodge_blue

personally im happy for them to keep it. we are talking the future of our club here....

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:13 - Mar 12 with 4464 viewsSamWhiteUK

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 11:35 - Mar 12 by jeera

Fully understand this and don't know why some people always want to be dicks about it when this stuff comes up.

They assume everyone is in the same situation as them, whereas for some the reality may be that bit of money might be the difference between being able to pay some bills or not.

These people should not be buying season tickets if they are going to struggle for 85 quid. Their priorities should be elsewhere and they should be going to games as and when they can afford it
How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:19 - Mar 12 with 4451 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:44 - Mar 12 by jonbull88

The main point being the money is being spent but receiving nothing back. In any other aspect you wouldn’t just hand over money would you? If I wanted to watch on ifollow I’d pay £10 a game and do so.

Due to the current issues, the season at home could be finished for us fans, we’ve paid/agreed to pay for 5 more games, at £15/game it’s not just a “few quid” to some. I know some have compared holidays, but I’d prefer a meal, if you prepaid for a group meal, only for you to turn up and say sorry were closed tonight, would you and your group not want a refund? Or would you just say to your group “we have to suck it up”

You don't seem to be able to approach this logically.

If you paid for a meal that did not arrive you would not have been fed, so you would still need to buy food and you would therefore pay twice. You would be out of pocket as a result of the second meal.

Missing a football match is completely different. It's a loss of enjoyment that you do not need to directly replace to stay alive by paying another £20 to go to a different event.

If you had paid for a meal and the restaurant was closed because of circumstances outside of your control, such as staff illness, they would have to reimburse you and suck up the cost. But Ipswich Town haven't created the coronavirus. They will be out of pocket too. 3,000 or so paying fans on the gate won't turn up. Merchandise won't get sold. Food will be donated instead of sold. We are all going to lose out financially to some extent, from not being paid to house prices falling.

You are missing the difference between a business letting you down to the factors under their control and factors outside their control.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 15:21]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:19 - Mar 12 with 4443 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:13 - Mar 12 by SamWhiteUK

These people should not be buying season tickets if they are going to struggle for 85 quid. Their priorities should be elsewhere and they should be going to games as and when they can afford it

Whatever next hey?

100% refund for a loss.

50% for a draw?

25% back for a win in which we were outplayed and didn't deserve it?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:24 - Mar 12 with 4421 viewsJ2BLUE

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:13 - Mar 12 by SamWhiteUK

You seem to be missing the point. He could afford it. Now there's a situation where his income might drop significantly and he's now less willing to pay for things he isn't going to receive.

Your point is actually pretty daft. You should probably never get a mortgage in case you lose your job.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:28 - Mar 12 with 4409 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:24 - Mar 12 by J2BLUE

You seem to be missing the point. He could afford it. Now there's a situation where his income might drop significantly and he's now less willing to pay for things he isn't going to receive.

Your point is actually pretty daft. You should probably never get a mortgage in case you lose your job.

It's not daft though.

People have paid for something they will not receive as a result of a global pandemic yet expect to be refunded by another party who is EQUALLY not to blame.

Furthermore, there is no financial loss. They were going to pay. They have paid. They just don't get to sit in the stadium, they will be watching the match online which is pretty much more than most people will get for similar purchases.

If you're gym is closed down they won't be giving you Wii Fit. Your golf club being closed won't come with a copy of Rory McIlroy on the PS4.

The club is not at fault. We are not at fault. It's a sh*tty situation where people will die, get ill and suffer financially and the last people who should be complaining are people who are losing nothing more than a few minutes of entertainment.

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:36 - Mar 12 with 4394 viewsFifeITFC

I get your point. The point I was trying to differentiate is that the money could be for bills (as someone else said). The refund that I accept could be necessary would be a "bonus" to your budget to help with paying certain household bills etc, not as a part of your existing budgeting (if that makes sense).

If Coronavirus never happened, the issue of a refund would never arise, you would never be questioning that money for bills etc in the first place as you had already got it earmarked for games.

Saying that, I can appreciate the thought of expecting some sort of refund in some form or another. Losing the Bury game I would just shrug off as a one off. But if you lose 5 or so games, it's a little different.

On a separate note, why are Spain and Italy saying closed doors for the rear of the month. But in the UK we are talking about the rest of the season (especially when we haven't - currently - been hit as bad as them)?

Also, why are Spain (Liverpool) and Germany (Rangers) fans able to come to the UK for European games, but we are stopped from the games in their country? Surely there's a risk of them infecting people here?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Login to get fewer ads

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:38 - Mar 12 with 4387 viewsJ2BLUE

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:28 - Mar 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

It's not daft though.

People have paid for something they will not receive as a result of a global pandemic yet expect to be refunded by another party who is EQUALLY not to blame.

Furthermore, there is no financial loss. They were going to pay. They have paid. They just don't get to sit in the stadium, they will be watching the match online which is pretty much more than most people will get for similar purchases.

If you're gym is closed down they won't be giving you Wii Fit. Your golf club being closed won't come with a copy of Rory McIlroy on the PS4.

The club is not at fault. We are not at fault. It's a sh*tty situation where people will die, get ill and suffer financially and the last people who should be complaining are people who are losing nothing more than a few minutes of entertainment.

His point about affordability was.

I've said several times I won't be asking for a refund but some people are being a bit harsh towards some other posters IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:47 - Mar 12 with 4370 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:38 - Mar 12 by J2BLUE

His point about affordability was.

I've said several times I won't be asking for a refund but some people are being a bit harsh towards some other posters IMO.

If the games were on then he'd be able to afford to go.

It's not about affordability therefore. It's about ITFC, who are going to lose money, reimbursing them for something that isn't their fault, because they are about to lose money, for something that also isn't their fault.

I get people being upset about losing wages and the inevitable losses that this crisis will cause, but it leave a bad taste in my mouth the same people moaning about Evans and his lack of investment, effectively expecting him to stump up and pay them out of his pocket, which this will basically be, for something that's also not his fault.

I get that people will lose money and I sympathise. I'm £300 next down on a London conference next Monday that's been called off. But the conference have already paid caterers and guest speakers and so on and they are going to now lose a lot of money too. I don't like the clamour for everyone to get everything they want and screw everyone else. Everyone is going to suffer.

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:06 - Mar 12 with 4347 viewsjeera

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 14:30 - Mar 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Exactly my point Fife. Thank you.

If a dog sitter loses £400 next week because everyone is at home to look after their own dogs, that's a massive issue for them and they have my sympathy.

It's a world away from having already budgeted for and committed to spending £20 to go a football match that you then cannot attend. You'd have spent this money anyway. You are no worse off other than having lost the opportunity to enjoy the match.

The two are totally separate. Money not coming in and not doing something for the money you were already prepared to spend.

Except the point you're missing is nobody owes you an explanation.

The man has given his reasons and here you are several posts later still posting mini essays about how everyone should listen to you.

How about you do what's right for you and allow others to get on without page after page of self-righteous crap and irrelevant comparisons.

"If a dog sitter..."

Do shut up.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 16:08]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:08 - Mar 12 with 4342 viewsjeera

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:24 - Mar 12 by J2BLUE

It's not hard is it?

The lengths some people will go to to big themselves up at the expense of others.

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:10 - Mar 12 with 4333 viewsjonbull88

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:47 - Mar 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

It's not about affordability therefore. It's about ITFC, who are going to lose money, reimbursing them for something that isn't their fault, because they are about to lose money, for something that also isn't their fault.

I get people being upset about losing wages and the inevitable losses that this crisis will cause, but it leave a bad taste in my mouth the same people moaning about Evans and his lack of investment, effectively expecting him to stump up and pay them out of his pocket, which this will basically be, for something that's also not his fault.

I get that people will lose money and I sympathise. I'm £300 next down on a London conference next Monday that's been called off. But the conference have already paid caterers and guest speakers and so on and they are going to now lose a lot of money too. I don't like the clamour for everyone to get everything they want and screw everyone else. Everyone is going to suffer.

If the games were on of cause I wouldn’t be worried as I was receiving the product I’d purchased.

I hear you point about your conference, however if you were paying for 5 over the next 6-8 weeks but you knew they weren’t going on would you be happy r still stump up for them knowing you wouldn’t be there?
How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:18 - Mar 12 with 4318 viewsjeera

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 15:47 - Mar 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

" I'm £300 next down on a London conference next Monday that's been called off. But the conference have already paid caterers and guest speakers and so on and they are going to now lose a lot of money too. I don't like the clamour for everyone to get everything they want and screw everyone else. Everyone is going to suffer."

What does that have to do with the customers? The final customers, further down the line?

You still charging them then too? Or are you complaining that you have to swallow the loss and cannot charge them towards it?

Your business expenses are your problem. Are you going to try to scrape some back from the punters so you don't lose out?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 17:19 - Mar 12 with 4287 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:18 - Mar 12 by jeera

" I'm £300 next down on a London conference next Monday that's been called off. But the conference have already paid caterers and guest speakers and so on and they are going to now lose a lot of money too. I don't like the clamour for everyone to get everything they want and screw everyone else. Everyone is going to suffer."

What does that have to do with the customers? The final customers, further down the line?

You still charging them then too? Or are you complaining that you have to swallow the loss and cannot charge them towards it?

Your business expenses are your problem. Are you going to try to scrape some back from the punters so you don't lose out?

I’ve paid personally to go. I now can’t go. I’ve paid money and I won’t get what I have paid for.

But I’m not screaming at the venue to reimburse me because then they wouldn’t have my money but they’d have still paid out for catering and lecturers they paid for using my money. So if I get reimbursed by them I’ll be alright but they will now have lost out.

If they get their money back from the lecturers somehow so they are alright then these people go without being paid and they miss out financially.

Someone has to lose. Difference is I’m not desperate to get my money back so someone else suffers. It’s nobodies fault and they way I see it I should lose out on what I’ve paid and others should do likewise rather than us getting money back and forcing someone else to go without money instead.

That’s fair and despite it costing me instead of a stranger I’m happy to accept that, even though I am not loaded because I don’t think it’s fair to argue with the venue that they need to reimburse me when it isn’t their fault I now can’t go because of the fact they are just following suit with other entities cancelling the same time of mass gatherings in expectation of what the situation next week is likely to be.

Sh*t happens.

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 17:22 - Mar 12 with 4281 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:10 - Mar 12 by jonbull88

If the games were on of cause I wouldn’t be worried as I was receiving the product I’d purchased.

I hear you point about your conference, however if you were paying for 5 over the next 6-8 weeks but you knew they weren’t going on would you be happy r still stump up for them knowing you wouldn’t be there?

Obviously I wouldn’t be stupid enough to pay for something that wasn’t going ahead.

But if I’d already paid and it was cancelled and outside their control I wouldn’t be expecting them to pay me back.

Someone has to lose out financially. It’s as fair that it’s me as them. But people are too selfish to accept that and feel they should be the ones who are looked after and not someone else.

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 17:24 - Mar 12 with 4273 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 16:06 - Mar 12 by jeera

Except the point you're missing is nobody owes you an explanation.

The man has given his reasons and here you are several posts later still posting mini essays about how everyone should listen to you.

How about you do what's right for you and allow others to get on without page after page of self-righteous crap and irrelevant comparisons.

"If a dog sitter..."

Do shut up.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 16:08]

Why don’t you shut up.

Equally I don’t owe you an explanation.

As I’ve said losing money you were due to earn and not getting money back you’ve already committed to pay and expected not to be reimbursed for (with the game going ahead) are worlds apart.

I’m surprised you’re finding that difficult to grasp.

It’s just a classic case of people looking after themselves and to hell with everyone else. Or in this case the football club can afford to take a hit and they can’t, so an act of force majeure becomes the clubs problem not theirs.

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 20:00 - Mar 12 with 4228 viewsFifeITFC

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 17:22 - Mar 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Obviously I wouldn’t be stupid enough to pay for something that wasn’t going ahead.

But if I’d already paid and it was cancelled and outside their control I wouldn’t be expecting them to pay me back.

Someone has to lose out financially. It’s as fair that it’s me as them. But people are too selfish to accept that and feel they should be the ones who are looked after and not someone else.

Question for you: You splash out on the holiday of a lifetime, the airline goes bust. Do you want your money back or do you say "don't worry about getting my money back"?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 20:47 - Mar 12 with 4202 viewsBlueNomad

Did people ask this question in September 1939 when the season had just started? Maybe they thought some things were more important.

Does the OP think ME should be spending more too?
[Post edited 12 Mar 2020 20:53]
How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 20:57 - Mar 12 with 4190 viewsRadlett_blue

How do ST refunds work if we don't get to attend the last 5 home games? (n/t) on 17:22 - Mar 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Both the clubs & the fans will be losers from this situation if games are not played or held behind closed doors. The clubs have already spent or committed the money. The fans may not get to see 5 games of football. I'm not sure asking money losing football clubs to provide financial compensation is sensible, especially as this situation is no fault of the clubs.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024