Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people 14:52 - May 21 with 1939 viewsSteve_M

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/farage-ritz-tea-party

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 14:55 - May 21 with 1915 viewsartsbossbeard

That Turning Point UK lot are a dangerous bunch.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 14:56 - May 21 with 1915 viewsDarth_Koont

Turning Point are just the sort of influence organisation/w@nk tank that needs kicking into touch. The last thing the UK needs is its politics towed even further to the right by this bunch of freaks.

Pronouns: He/Him

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 15:00 - May 21 with 1896 viewsLankHenners

Ah yes but they actually just care a lot about freedom of speech and having some form of ill-defined ‘democracy’ or something.

And all those times they were caught doing or saying vile things they were actually talking about something else, or they were only saying what everyone was thinking anyway.

Toby Young there I see - another one who has once again found himself surrounded by a bunch of tw@ts which is unfortunate as it makes people think he’s also a tw@t, which, despite all available evidence, he isn’t, apparently, and was actually just there to hear all sides of the argument, given how much he cares about truth and freedom and what have you.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 15:12 - May 21 with 1858 viewsIllinoisblue

this is LOL of all LOLS: “It was more a meeting of intellectuals rather than a fundraiser. Behind any political party is an intellectual thrust. What you saw in that room are some of the great conservative thinkers of the age.”

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 15:15 - May 21 with 1842 viewsSpruceMoose

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 15:12 - May 21 by Illinoisblue

this is LOL of all LOLS: “It was more a meeting of intellectuals rather than a fundraiser. Behind any political party is an intellectual thrust. What you saw in that room are some of the great conservative thinkers of the age.”

Did he mean drinkers?

He's a Greene King man. Unsurprisingly.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 15:15]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 15:19 - May 21 with 1826 viewsDarth_Koont

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 15:12 - May 21 by Illinoisblue

"Great conservative w@nkers of the age" would have been more accurate.

And they're apparently too thick to know what an intellectual is. I suppose it's all relative in a pro-Trump group.

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 15:23 - May 21 with 1810 viewsBrianTablet

The lizardmen revolution approacheth....

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 17:29 - May 21 with 1723 viewsfactual_blue

The term 'conservative thinker' has always been an oxymoron. With the emphasis most definitely on the 'moron'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 19:20 - May 21 with 1645 viewsgazzer1999

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 15:15 - May 21 by SpruceMoose

Did he mean drinkers?

He's a Greene King man. Unsurprisingly.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 15:15]

Bet he drinks that dishwater Newcastle Brown really.
Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 19:21 - May 21 with 1640 viewsSpruceMoose

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 19:20 - May 21 by gazzer1999

Always knew he was a wrong 'un.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 22:52 - May 21 with 1528 viewsEireannach_gorm

Nigel does have dodgy Pals.

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/05/20/paypal-man-questions-the-electoral-commission
Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 23:28 - May 21 with 1517 viewseireblue

No, not really

“Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne? Here? In the Ritz tea rooms with the self proclaimed right wing cream of political intellect, asking for money. With my man of the people reputation? Who will vote for me now. Quick hand me a pint and a fag”
Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 02:24 - May 22 with 1461 viewsHARRY10

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 23:28 - May 21 by eireblue

No, not really

“Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne? Here? In the Ritz tea rooms with the self proclaimed right wing cream of political intellect, asking for money. With my man of the people reputation? Who will vote for me now. Quick hand me a pint and a fag”

I did like the ultra cool James Bond style reaction to that stuff thrown over him on Monday

A sort of shaked but not stirred.
Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 08:01 - May 22 with 1388 viewsWD19

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 14:56 - May 21 by Darth_Koont

Turning Point are just the sort of influence organisation/w@nk tank that needs kicking into touch. The last thing the UK needs is its politics towed even further to the right by this bunch of freaks.

Turning Point UK.

Turning Point are another thing altogether and don’t deserve to be tarred with the same brush.
Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 08:22 - May 22 with 1372 viewsDarth_Koont

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 08:01 - May 22 by WD19

Turning Point UK.

Turning Point are another thing altogether and don’t deserve to be tarred with the same brush.

Yes. That's unfortunate.

But I'm talking about the whole Turning Point organisation as it's in the US that they're more established and clearer to see for what they really are.

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 09:34 - May 22 with 1315 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's right, play the man. Why aren't you addressing his policies instead and having a reasoned debate around those?

I wonder how murky this is all going to be allowed to get? It doesn't seem like the Electoral Commission are that bothered that the BP has a highly opaque and suspicious funding model where there's no way nearly enough web traffic to result in the sums they've received. And let's face it, they didn't take the breaches of electoral law seriously during the referendum, so it's no surprise. This is where the trust in politics is lost.

Politicians have always got up to all sorts of shenanigans, but once upon a time when they were caught out they had integrity and stood down. That no longer applies. So if the organisations that are supposed to hold them to account fail, the trust completely goes. We're about there now I think, just a couple of years behind America.

Let's hope the EU Parliament does a better job in its investigation into his failure to declare nearly £500m of funding from Aeron Banks. Hopefully HMR&C will be all over it too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 09:40 - May 22 with 1294 viewsSwansea_Blue

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 08:01 - May 22 by WD19

Turning Point UK.

Same people involved. Turning Point US was heavily involved in influencing those individuals who front TP(UK) with connections going back years. The Americans and chief supporters of TP(USA) were present at the launch of TP(UK).

Their may not be a legal link (I've no idea whether there is or isn't) but to think the two aren't closely related in terms of people, influence and ideology would be naive in the extreme.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 12:15 - May 22 with 1221 viewsNo9

No wonder the tory right want to adjoin the brexit party.
Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 13:44 - May 22 with 1180 viewsSteve_M

And this is a fair question:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/may/22/nigel-farage-scandals-riva

The answer to which, at least in part, is that large numbers of the British public are very susceptible to politicians who don't seem like politicians: hence Farage, Johnson, JRM, Corbyn etc.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 13:49 - May 22 with 1175 viewsSpruceMoose

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 13:44 - May 22 by Steve_M

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/may/22/nigel-farage-scandals-riva

The answer to which, at least in part, is that large numbers of the British public are very susceptible to politicians who don't seem like politicians: hence Farage, Johnson, JRM, Corbyn etc.

I personally think it is quite simple, and also applies to the likes of Trump.

People will tolerate all kinds of behaviour if they feel a politician will promote the things they care about the most. They'll turn a blind eye to all kinds of things, just to have someone they feel is on their side against the 'others'.

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 13:54 - May 22 with 1168 viewsNo9

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 19:20 - May 21 by gazzer1999

Apparently he only drinks beer when the cameras, or people he isn't comfortable with, are around.
Red wine (French, I'm told drinker normally)
Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 13:57 - May 22 with 1165 viewsHerbivore

Isn't it strange how Farage keeps getting caught up with such odious people on 13:44 - May 22 by Steve_M

It's in the Guardian, therefore it can't be trusted.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024