Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parenthood 14:23 - Nov 7 with 3483 viewsBigManBlue

Recently found out that I'm going to be someone's old man in about six month's time. When is it acceptable to start playing commentary of old Ipswich games at night? How the hell are you actually supposed to talk to kids - more like a pet, or more like an adult? Which curry do babies like best? Any tips for not going entirely mental? Cheers in advance!

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Parenthood on 14:29 - Nov 7 with 3159 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Congratulations!

Just think...If it is a boy you can call him Boris

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Parenthood on 14:32 - Nov 7 with 3150 viewsfooters

Parenthood on 14:29 - Nov 7 by Tangledupin_Blue

Congratulations!

And Heidi if it's a girl, obviously.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Parenthood on 14:34 - Nov 7 with 3139 viewsBigManBlue

Parenthood on 14:29 - Nov 7 by Tangledupin_Blue

Congratulations!

That's good, I was split between Jonathan and Douglas.

Parenthood on 14:36 - Nov 7 with 3133 viewsblueislander

Congratulations! Just a further step towards reaching that most felicitous state of being a grandparent.
Parenthood on 14:37 - Nov 7 with 3123 viewsBigManBlue

Parenthood on 14:36 - Nov 7 by blueislander

Congratulations! Just a further step towards reaching that most felicitous state of being a grandparent.

Thanks! I have always thought I'd be an excellent mad old codger...

Parenthood on 14:40 - Nov 7 with 3105 viewschicoazul

Mazel tov!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Parenthood on 15:03 - Nov 7 with 3078 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Congrats

On the second question, when my dear wife was pregnant she relayed some madcap advice that parents should talk to the baby in the womb so they get used to your voice, and then looked rather confused when I started yelling ‘HELLO!’ at her stomach

Also ‘Oh David McGoldrick’ was a good one to rock an infant to sleep to, sadly now out of date. Die Delia die probably not quite as appropriate

Enjoy

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Parenthood on 15:07 - Nov 7 with 3069 viewsWD19

Talk to kids!!??

I'd leave that until they are 14-16 years of age to be honest. Waste of time before then.
Login to get fewer ads

Parenthood on 15:10 - Nov 7 with 3067 viewsfactual_blue

1. Immediately.
2. You don't talk to them at all until they leave boarding school at eighteen years of ago.
3. Chicken nappy masala.
4. If you're posting on here, you're already mental. But sleep as much as you can in the three months before the stork arrives.

Anyway congratulations. You'll soon have SmallManBlue, and proof that LittleFellaBlue is in working order.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Parenthood on 16:34 - Nov 7 with 2990 viewsMullet

I've had to make "kormas" and "butter chicken" for a while now, it ruins any attempt to have a proper curry at home completely. My advice is save curries for takeaways when you get the rare chance.

It seems shouting is bad. Roaring like you're in Monster Inc also causes tears for the first few months. You're also meant to use their name apparently.

Well done on your bits working, enjoy insomnia, feeling confused and your main purpose in life being as a walking cash machine and/or being shouted at.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Parenthood on 17:27 - Nov 7 with 2936 viewsjeera

Congratulations mate.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Parenthood on 17:32 - Nov 7 with 2921 viewswkj

Nice one mate, I am glad my advice worked out for you too!

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Parenthood on 17:37 - Nov 7 with 2894 viewsReuser_is_God

Parenthood on 15:03 - Nov 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Congrats

On the second question, when my dear wife was pregnant she relayed some madcap advice that parents should talk to the baby in the womb so they get used to your voice, and then looked rather confused when I started yelling ‘HELLO!’ at her stomach

Also ‘Oh David McGoldrick’ was a good one to rock an infant to sleep to, sadly now out of date. Die Delia die probably not quite as appropriate

Enjoy

Especially if you’ve, for someone reason, named your child Delia.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Parenthood on 17:44 - Nov 7 with 2875 viewsjeera

Parenthood on 15:07 - Nov 7 by WD19

Talk to kids!!??

I'd leave that until they are 14-16 years of age to be honest. Waste of time before then.

14-16?

Like that's the age it works.

Parenthood on 17:46 - Nov 7 with 2866 viewshoppy

Parenthood on 17:44 - Nov 7 by jeera

14-16?

Exactly what I was thinking. More likely to get grunts from them rather than words.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Parenthood on 17:47 - Nov 7 with 2865 viewsfooters

Parenthood on 17:44 - Nov 7 by jeera

14-16?

It's the only way they'll learn...Here I am showing them Town under Hurst.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Parenthood on 17:52 - Nov 7 with 2851 viewsjeera

Parenthood on 17:46 - Nov 7 by hoppy

Exactly what I was thinking. More likely to get grunts from them rather than words.

On a good day.

If you're lucky.

Parenthood on 17:55 - Nov 7 with 2846 viewsSwansea_Blue

Congratulations buh.

Although commiserations on the end of your sex life, your freedom and regular sleeping patterns. On being awake at work or ever having a clean shirt ever again. You’ll be poorer, grumpier, scruffier and smellier (baby sic isn’t a good look). You’ll get fatter eating up all the leftovers, not having time to exercise and probably by being driven to drink. You can’t go out, go to nice restaurants or have such interesting holidays. You’ll get slacker at work, drop colleagues in the crap when you have to take last minute days off and somehow cover school holidays, and get overlooked for promotion.

There are a couple of days in the first 10 years when you remember it’s (possibly) all worth it though (unless it grows up to be a little sod, which is highly likely). Other than that it’s all good

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Parenthood on 18:02 - Nov 7 with 2831 viewsSwansea_Blue

Parenthood on 16:34 - Nov 7 by Mullet

I've had to make "kormas" and "butter chicken" for a while now, it ruins any attempt to have a proper curry at home completely. My advice is save curries for takeaways when you get the rare chance.

It seems shouting is bad. Roaring like you're in Monster Inc also causes tears for the first few months. You're also meant to use their name apparently.

Well done on your bits working, enjoy insomnia, feeling confused and your main purpose in life being as a walking cash machine and/or being shouted at.

Yes! I missed that off my list. Having to make ruddy Korma instead of something tasty. In hindsight reason enough for sterilisation alone.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Parenthood on 18:12 - Nov 7 with 2815 viewsfactual_blue

Parenthood on 17:46 - Nov 7 by hoppy

Parenthood on 18:13 - Nov 7 with 2813 viewsSpruceMoose

Parenthood on 18:12 - Nov 7 by factual_blue

How does this Nest cam footage of J2 keep getting leaked?!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Parenthood on 18:14 - Nov 7 with 2810 viewsfactual_blue

Parenthood on 18:13 - Nov 7 by SpruceMoose

How does this Nest cam footage of J2 keep getting leaked?!

Or indeed why?

Parenthood on 19:04 - Nov 7 with 2767 viewsMattinLondon

Congratulations- the first three months are a nightmare in terms of sleep but it’ll gradually get better after that. Well that’s unless your baby is a rubbish sleeper.

My top tip is to do as much stuff now before the arrival date. By this I mean the cinema or meals out as you’ll won’t be doing too much of that for a fair bit.

Just talk to them like how you think to yourself - I talked to mine all the time in supermarkets- it gets odd looks but it’s all about speech development.

Congratulations once again.
Parenthood on 19:12 - Nov 7 with 2751 viewsDurovigutum

Tips?

Sleep now, for as long and as deeply as you can, for it will no longer be your friend.

Enjoy your wife, in the biblical sense, for you will go from being the most important thing in her world (unless you have a dog) to being second, but on 2% of her focus.

Tuck money away. These little humans are expensive.

Enjoy the children, change your life to allow yourself to enjoy them as you will blink and they'll be much older.
Parenthood on 19:14 - Nov 7 with 2738 viewsxrayspecs

Parenthood on 15:07 - Nov 7 by WD19

Talk to kids!!??

Still a waste of time aged 14-16.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024