Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? 19:27 - Sep 29 with 20802 viewshampstead_blue

It seems the Gov can be slammed 24/7
People can be vile toward Tory MP's.

Who else? Norwich are fair game. That's a given.

However, when I dared to criticize a muslim the post was removed and a few people showed a dislike.

Why?

I guess I stepped on a 'woke' landmine.
It's sad when you can't offer-up genuine and polite criticism of a religion. Especially after that religion had screamed and screamed at a cricket club for celebrating a victory.

So, Essex CCC are allowed to be slammed by a person of religion but said person isn't allowed to be criticized?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:16 - Sep 29 with 2339 viewsJ2BLUE

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:13 - Sep 29 by hampstead_blue

You're virtually there in nailing it.

The bloke who complained, demanded apologies and was exasperated that Essex CCC didn't bow down and issue unreserved apologies.

He should have just reminded the young muslim player to step back when the booze was around rather than going national and demanding reverence.

I am sure the young lad felt he'd got carried away, wouldn't you! and ought to have stepped away.

He's right at the edge in the corner to be fair.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:17 - Sep 29 with 2341 viewsjeera

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:13 - Sep 29 by hampstead_blue

The bloke who complained, demanded apologies and was exasperated that Essex CCC didn't bow down and issue unreserved apologies.

He should have just reminded the young muslim player to step back when the booze was around rather than going national and demanding reverence.

I am sure the young lad felt he'd got carried away, wouldn't you! and ought to have stepped away.

You have insinuated several times that it was the player himself who complained.

Then used the word 'them' several times without much context.

It's not certain even you know who you're upset with, but one thing is clear, whoever it is, they are most certainly brown and a muslim. That's the only consistency here.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:18 - Sep 29 with 2307 views26_Paz

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:17 - Sep 29 by jeera

You have insinuated several times that it was the player himself who complained.

Then used the word 'them' several times without much context.

It's not certain even you know who you're upset with, but one thing is clear, whoever it is, they are most certainly brown and a muslim. That's the only consistency here.

It doesn’t sound like it was the player himself who complained, I can’t see any quotes from him in the article ...

The Paz Man

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:18 - Sep 29 with 2332 viewsjeera

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:14 - Sep 29 by PhilTWTD

Can't see how generalising about an ethnic group in the manner you did could be seen as anything other than racist.

Not complicated is it.

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:19 - Sep 29 with 2336 viewshampstead_blue

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:14 - Sep 29 by PhilTWTD

Can't see how generalising about an ethnic group in the manner you did could be seen as anything other than racist.

I disagree Phil.
I'm talking about one person who has spoken out. That person is wrong to make such demands.

Here is something from a friend in my cricket whatsapp group...this chap is a muslim btw and loves a drink.

"Most of the Muslims I know enjoy their drink. As long as celebrations are away from cameras, most probably they won't mind."

It kind of makes him look more foolish.
I am not racist and implying I am is wrong.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:22 - Sep 29 with 2311 viewssyntaxerror

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:12 - Sep 29 by m14_blue

HB, some friendly advice, just take the evening off and chill out.

You’re becoming a little obsessed with this whole ‘woke left’ thing, the world really ain’t out to get you and your values.

I think you’re almost certainly a decent guy and would certainly welcome a chat about footy or cricket over a beer but your mind is being poisoned from somewhere, you’re angry about all the wrong things and are being manipulated to hate this latest bogeyman. It’s sad to see you getting angrier by the day.

Good post, M14.

We have had our fair share of FLA types and guys from a different age who don't think there is much wrong with casual racism.

However, this is the first full on modern far right 'bring down the left / antifa / woke culture at any cost' member of the board that I can remember.

If anyone needs proof of how poisonous far right news sources and social media can be its above.
In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:24 - Sep 29 with 2300 viewsPhilTWTD

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:19 - Sep 29 by hampstead_blue

I disagree Phil.
I'm talking about one person who has spoken out. That person is wrong to make such demands.

Here is something from a friend in my cricket whatsapp group...this chap is a muslim btw and loves a drink.

"Most of the Muslims I know enjoy their drink. As long as celebrations are away from cameras, most probably they won't mind."

You didn't just criticise the individual involved - who I think had a legitimate complaint even if I can understand in the circumstances it was exuberance and thoughtlessness rather than anything malicious - you complained about muslims in general.
In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:34 - Sep 29 with 2239 viewsmrshallisfit

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:19 - Sep 29 by hampstead_blue

I disagree Phil.

You are not racist. In fact some of your best friends are coloured.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 20:35]
Login to get fewer ads

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:36 - Sep 29 with 2225 viewsBLUEGOLD

I disagree Phil.

Are some of your best friends Muslim by any chance?
In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:38 - Sep 29 with 2203 views26_Paz

To be fair, I don’t think anyone should make a huge deal out of this. I think a simple apology from Essex is about proportionate ... which it seems is pretty much what happened ... no dramas here ...

The Paz Man

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:41 - Sep 29 with 2211 viewsjeera

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:36 - Sep 29 by BLUEGOLD

Are some of your best friends Muslim by any chance?

Who all happen to drink alcohol too apparently.

I have known a lot of Muslims in my time, through work especially, and none of those I have ever known drink.

That's not to suggest no Muslims drink, but certainly not those who are strong in their religion, and most definitely not most, or even many. Many find it an affront to be around, let alone have some poured over their head.

That would be like sneaking pork into their food and calling them 'woke' for doing their nut...

I have however, known an awful lot of Hindus and especially Sikhs who like a drink, but I guess it's hard to tell the difference.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 20:43]

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:57 - Sep 29 with 2154 viewsCrayonKing

so what you're saying is that somebody saw something that offended him and over-reacted?

and then Phil removed the thread....

To be fair the quotes from the guy at the end of the article seem a bit OTT, but he doesn't seem to have been there or have a connection with either team ("described the pictures...")
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 21:05]
In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:58 - Sep 29 with 2150 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:41 - Sep 29 by hampstead_blue

Disagree.

Well, I will try again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/54337950

Utterly wrong to be so arrogant and aggressive toward Essex CCC. That bloke should be embarrassed. Pouring beer over your head is a normal celebration in cricket. The chap ought to have not been on the balcony, he also looked like he was having a great time.

There. That is more polite.

Why should Essex CCC be forced into apologising? They did nothing wrong. He should be more tolerant and less demanding that everyone follows his own code. One big melting pot.

It looks to me like the only person offended by all of this is you! You are coming across as a bit of a melt. Sometimes when backed into a corner it is better to reassess rather than kick out more.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 21:03 - Sep 29 with 2122 viewsSwailsey

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:58 - Sep 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

It looks to me like the only person offended by all of this is you! You are coming across as a bit of a melt. Sometimes when backed into a corner it is better to reassess rather than kick out more.

Or start another thread.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 21:09 - Sep 29 with 2101 viewsSpruceMoose

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:41 - Sep 29 by hampstead_blue

Disagree.

Well, I will try again.

Utterly wrong to be so arrogant and aggressive toward Essex CCC. That bloke should be embarrassed. Pouring beer over your head is a normal celebration in cricket. The chap ought to have not been on the balcony, he also looked like he was having a great time.

Why should Essex CCC be forced into apologising? They did nothing wrong. He should be more tolerant and less demanding that everyone follows his own code. One big melting pot.

Nobody cared the first time you posted it up you div.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 21:09 - Sep 29 with 2099 viewsSpruceMoose

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 19:58 - Sep 29 by Swailsey

It’s been nice knowing you.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 19:58]

Has it though?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 21:10 - Sep 29 with 2098 viewsSwansea_Blue

Disagree.

Well, I will try again.

That's a daft post. What's wrong with showing some consideration for someone? If he wasn't happy, fair enough they apologised and they move on. No need to make an issue about it just because he's a muslim. He could be a Klingon for all it matters. It's not an issue and it's a bit of a rubbish BBC article.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 21:12 - Sep 29 with 2088 viewsSpruceMoose

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 20:38 - Sep 29 by 26_Paz

To be fair, I don’t think anyone should make a huge deal out of this. I think a simple apology from Essex is about proportionate ... which it seems is pretty much what happened ... no dramas here ...

Yeah well we are still waiting for a simple apology from you, so I don't think you have anything of much impact to add here.

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 21:13 - Sep 29 with 2084 viewsN2_Blue

You're a real piece of work aren't you...I actually hope you keep this up because I imagine phil's ban finger is getting very twitchy for you.

The worst thing about you is some decent posters on here don't jump on you but actually try to point out the error of your ways and suggest you go try and educate yourself but you refuse. I think you get some kind of kick out of it and shows you up for the unpleasant individual you are.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 21:14 - Sep 29 with 2080 viewsSwansea_Blue

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 21:09 - Sep 29 by SpruceMoose

Has it though?

I always give Hammers the benefit of the doubt, as it takes all sorts and some people have views that are just not of this time. Which is fine really. There are a lot worse than Hammers these days. But when it starts to look more like an agenda, then I'm not so sure. And it's starting to look like an agenda rather than a will to understand.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 21:15 - Sep 29 with 2064 views26_Paz

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 21:12 - Sep 29 by SpruceMoose

Yeah well we are still waiting for a simple apology from you, so I don't think you have anything of much impact to add here.

What am I supposed to be apologising for?
It’s a free country and an open forum. I will comment on what I wish to comment on, thank you. Time you grew up.

The Paz Man

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 21:16 - Sep 29 with 2074 viewsjeera

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 21:13 - Sep 29 by N2_Blue

You're a real piece of work aren't you...I actually hope you keep this up because I imagine phil's ban finger is getting very twitchy for you.

The worst thing about you is some decent posters on here don't jump on you but actually try to point out the error of your ways and suggest you go try and educate yourself but you refuse. I think you get some kind of kick out of it and shows you up for the unpleasant individual you are.

"actually try to point out the error of your ways and suggest you go try and educate yourself."

Which is how most began once upon a time, but it wears thin after the hundreth attempt.

In the end you realise it's a waste of time. People who are dyed in the wool racists aren't going to look for ways to change.

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 21:17 - Sep 29 with 2069 viewsSpruceMoose

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 21:14 - Sep 29 by Swansea_Blue

I always give Hammers the benefit of the doubt, as it takes all sorts and some people have views that are just not of this time. Which is fine really. There are a lot worse than Hammers these days. But when it starts to look more like an agenda, then I'm not so sure. And it's starting to look like an agenda rather than a will to understand.

He can think what he likes but I resent him spamming the board with this shît everyday, especially as he's not interested in genuine discussion. Whatever point gets put to him is just flat out ignored and his pathetic wah wahing continues at an even greater pace.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 21:18]

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 21:18 - Sep 29 with 2062 viewsSpruceMoose

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 21:15 - Sep 29 by 26_Paz

What am I supposed to be apologising for?
It’s a free country and an open forum. I will comment on what I wish to comment on, thank you. Time you grew up.

You support racists and homophobes.

A simple apology will do.

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 21:18 - Sep 29 with 2055 views26_Paz

In the modern age who are we allowed to critisize? on 21:17 - Sep 29 by SpruceMoose

He can think what he likes but I resent him spamming the board with this shît everyday, especially as he's not interested in genuine discussion. Whatever point gets put to him is just flat out ignored and his pathetic wah wahing continues at an even greater pace.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 21:18]

And you are interested in genuine discussion are you? You replied with pretty much the same comment to everything I’ve written on here for months now ...

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024