Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood 21:22 - Jan 12 with 3131 viewsTomTheWriter

Obviously we don't know the legitimacy, but feels like someone who won't displace Janoi, Woolf or Edmundson in the back three, with Burgess probably a stronger option

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood on 23:29 - Jan 12 with 718 viewscressi

Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood on 23:22 - Jan 12 by ZXBlue

Not this again. Tell us how many penalties and red cards he has been repsonsible for int he last 12 months.

Maybe a lovely bloke put his head in where it hurts bit of pace.
But a truly awful footballer passing positional sense and football brain
Will do a job no more and we want more well I do
Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood on 23:37 - Jan 12 with 713 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood on 23:09 - Jan 12 by sotd78

He is a better footballer than some of the so called knowledgeable fans on here. Round pegs in round holes. He doesn't fit the current 352 system - but in a bog standard 442 where the mantra might be to get it clear I would say he's a decent centre-back

'so called knowledgeable fans on here' .... Nsiala has been their scapegoat. Simple as that. Heavily scrutinized for every minor mistake whereas other players' mistakes have been winked at in the last 2-3 years.

His combo with Wilson was the reason why our defence in general was sound last season. This season we started performing better in the defence since the Portsmouth game after he had been reintroduced.

Moreover he mostly kept Woolfenden out of the team and that was annoying for some. But he kept him out for the reason, for being a better central back.

Woolfenden seems to be improving under McKenna, this style possibly suits him so long may it continue but he doesn't like physical battles and putting the body on the line. All hopes that he'll learn a bit of aggression from McKenna.

Nsiala has been scrutinized and scapegoated by some. Mind you the large percent of this fanbase used to ridicule Bramble, the player who notched up 300 apps in the Premier League. Big number of people and their reaction when Aluko signed for us last summer. This list can go on and on.

Barrow game one of the latest examples. The entire team was awful. Burgess was even worse than Nsiala in that game but it was the latter who got pelted with heaviest criticism.

I hope he stays as he's a decent central back in this league but that is the managers decision.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 23:45]
Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood on 23:46 - Jan 12 with 681 viewscressi

Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood on 23:37 - Jan 12 by Mach_foreignBlue

'so called knowledgeable fans on here' .... Nsiala has been their scapegoat. Simple as that. Heavily scrutinized for every minor mistake whereas other players' mistakes have been winked at in the last 2-3 years.

His combo with Wilson was the reason why our defence in general was sound last season. This season we started performing better in the defence since the Portsmouth game after he had been reintroduced.

Moreover he mostly kept Woolfenden out of the team and that was annoying for some. But he kept him out for the reason, for being a better central back.

Woolfenden seems to be improving under McKenna, this style possibly suits him so long may it continue but he doesn't like physical battles and putting the body on the line. All hopes that he'll learn a bit of aggression from McKenna.

Nsiala has been scrutinized and scapegoated by some. Mind you the large percent of this fanbase used to ridicule Bramble, the player who notched up 300 apps in the Premier League. Big number of people and their reaction when Aluko signed for us last summer. This list can go on and on.

Barrow game one of the latest examples. The entire team was awful. Burgess was even worse than Nsiala in that game but it was the latter who got pelted with heaviest criticism.

I hope he stays as he's a decent central back in this league but that is the managers decision.

To be fair not convinced by Burgess either started OK first couple of games.
But at times like a rabbit in the headlights
Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood on 23:46 - Jan 12 with 682 viewsBlueBadger

He's basically a lower league Luke Chambers. Game, solid, good pro but if there's better quality available than you can play, you should take it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood on 01:26 - Jan 13 with 626 viewstextbackup

Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood on 23:46 - Jan 12 by BlueBadger

He's basically a lower league Luke Chambers. Game, solid, good pro but if there's better quality available than you can play, you should take it.

Chambers is playing an entire league lower than Toto...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood on 01:47 - Jan 13 with 620 viewsKieran_Knows

Have you ever in your life seen a professional footballer get dragged to the ball so much though? He plays like a 10 year old, wherever the ball goes, Toto goes and he leaves a whopping great gap in behind himself, every single time. The thing is, you can call it before it even happens.

I just don’t see how he fits in to the new managers style (and Cooks for that matter - which makes it even more ludicrous he kept him) of wanting to play out from the back. And yes you’re right, Burgess, for similar money, has just been as bad.

Decent enough pro, but a lot like most of Hursts signing, just never quite good enough for us.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 1:48]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood on 06:44 - Jan 13 with 553 viewsbluesym

Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood on 01:47 - Jan 13 by Kieran_Knows

Have you ever in your life seen a professional footballer get dragged to the ball so much though? He plays like a 10 year old, wherever the ball goes, Toto goes and he leaves a whopping great gap in behind himself, every single time. The thing is, you can call it before it even happens.

I just don’t see how he fits in to the new managers style (and Cooks for that matter - which makes it even more ludicrous he kept him) of wanting to play out from the back. And yes you’re right, Burgess, for similar money, has just been as bad.

Decent enough pro, but a lot like most of Hursts signing, just never quite good enough for us.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 1:48]

There's a fairly good chance I've got this wrong,but,weren't both Toto and Nolan linked with moves to 'bigger' clubs while they were at Shrewsbury? I remember thinking they SEEEMED like really good signings at the time,based purely on what I'd heard as I can't say I'd ever seen them play!

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood on 07:14 - Jan 13 with 543 viewsitfcjoe

Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood on 23:09 - Jan 12 by sotd78

He is a better footballer than some of the so called knowledgeable fans on here. Round pegs in round holes. He doesn't fit the current 352 system - but in a bog standard 442 where the mantra might be to get it clear I would say he's a decent centre-back

Of course he’s a better footballer than supporters on here, but that doesn’t make him a good one because he simply isn’t.

I like my players to be more than just muck and bullets defenders

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood on 07:45 - Jan 13 with 498 viewsVaughan8

Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood on 23:22 - Jan 12 by ZXBlue

Not this again. Tell us how many penalties and red cards he has been repsonsible for int he last 12 months.

Ah yes. The selective period argument.......not this again.

He's a poor defender who jumps in at every opportunity. He doesn't know where he is or what he's doing most of the time.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 7:46]
Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood on 08:11 - Jan 13 with 457 viewsChurchman

If we are looking to improve the squad, it’s probably best he moves on. Good for him too - he needs to be playing for his next contract somewhere. He is wholehearted player that has always given his best, I wish him well.
Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood on 09:17 - Jan 13 with 394 viewsArnieM

Understandably we are looking to shift out players before we can bring in our targets. I feel Toto will be one of them most certainly.

I wonder if we will take the Walton situation down to the wire and test Brighton’s nerve ….. we have two GK’s and they are sat behind a much more settled defence now, so should be much more settled. So perhaps we could afford to push the Walton deal to the wire?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Toto possibly wanted by Fleetwood on 09:24 - Jan 13 with 380 viewsNthQldITFC

Like all players he has his strengths and his weaknesses. He's a very strong one-on-one defender in a challenge for example, but weak as a ball playing stepping out type centre back. As such he is not a good fit for what we seem to be doing here, but will do well elsewhere for a club with a different way of playing.

What is also in his favour is he is a very committed and honest player, and I would personally thank him and wish him the very best elsewhere.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024