Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members 14:14 - Jul 13 with 1935 viewsElderGrizzly

Beats every candidate in a head to head too.

I wonder if the 'established' Tory MPs will now ensure she doesn't make it to the final 2. Truss 'doing a Gove' like he did to Johnson?

[Post edited 13 Jul 2022 14:14]
Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:22 - Jul 13 with 1855 viewsvilanovablue

They come to he conclusion they don't want Rishi. The issues around his wealth and the whole non-dom status might come into play.
Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:32 - Jul 13 with 1798 viewsBlueNomad

Arsenic or strychnine?
Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:39 - Jul 13 with 1773 viewsElderGrizzly

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:22 - Jul 13 by vilanovablue

They come to he conclusion they don't want Rishi. The issues around his wealth and the whole non-dom status might come into play.

Peston was just saying Sunak is so far ahead in pledged votes in Round 1, some of his supporters will lend votes to weaker candidates to ensure they stay in.
Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:40 - Jul 13 with 1767 viewsMattinLondon

Background in the armed services check, a leadership bid based on patriotism check, Brexit nutter check…she’ll do well with the grassroots.
Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:44 - Jul 13 with 1734 viewsitfcjoe

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:40 - Jul 13 by MattinLondon

Background in the armed services check, a leadership bid based on patriotism check, Brexit nutter check…she’ll do well with the grassroots.

Her pitch this morning is a bit nutty - talking about childcare costs, but saying things like Mum's can stay at home and pass tax on to partners etc.

It's appealing to grandparents, it's not what youngsters want these days - the whole election contest is about going back tot he good old days of the 70s/80s but most of the candidates were barely alive and certainly not adults!

Would be more understandable if likes of John Redwood and Peter Bone taking these lines - but they don't want to be a moderniser and challenge the party at all

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:46 - Jul 13 with 1706 viewsgiant_stow

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:44 - Jul 13 by itfcjoe

Her pitch this morning is a bit nutty - talking about childcare costs, but saying things like Mum's can stay at home and pass tax on to partners etc.

It's appealing to grandparents, it's not what youngsters want these days - the whole election contest is about going back tot he good old days of the 70s/80s but most of the candidates were barely alive and certainly not adults!

Would be more understandable if likes of John Redwood and Peter Bone taking these lines - but they don't want to be a moderniser and challenge the party at all

Looks like going back on what she said about trans stuff has helped her with her home crowd.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:48 - Jul 13 with 1694 viewsKeno

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:50 - Jul 13 with 1678 viewsMattinLondon

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:46 - Jul 13 by giant_stow

Looks like going back on what she said about trans stuff has helped her with her home crowd.

What did she say about trans issues?
[Post edited 13 Jul 2022 14:51]
Login to get fewer ads

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:51 - Jul 13 with 1650 viewsBlueBadger

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:50 - Jul 13 by MattinLondon

I'm guessing some variation on 'booo trans people'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:52 - Jul 13 with 1636 viewsElderGrizzly

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:44 - Jul 13 by itfcjoe

She actually used the phrase "the good old days" and then talked of a "Citizens Army". She also talked of bringing back Thatcherism.

It was batsh!t, but it will get her the votes at membership level and that's all she cares about. She's just got to get onto that final 2.
Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:57 - Jul 13 with 1588 viewsgiant_stow

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:50 - Jul 13 by MattinLondon

Check out Dan Hodges or Owen Jones twitter for the full story, but she was a backer and now shes not.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 15:21 - Jul 13 with 1514 viewsGlasgowBlue

Last time around Johnson screwed Gove by lending Hunt quite a few of his votes in order to keep Gove out of the top 2.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 15:57 - Jul 13 with 1436 viewsitfcjoe

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 15:21 - Jul 13 by GlasgowBlue

Last time around Johnson screwed Gove by lending Hunt quite a few of his votes in order to keep Gove out of the top 2.

Rishi wants to do the same this year with Hunt

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 15:57 - Jul 13 with 1439 viewsHARRY10

There is a thought that it moght not need to be pit to the memebers, of there is a clear leader after a few knockout rounds

One is acclaimed PM, and 2nd place gets the job of their choosing - it is only for a year or so anyway

Otherwise it is a measure of how far things have fallen, that as we are faced with a rising cost of living, chaos at our ports/airports, industrial action right across the board in response to wage&conditions cut, wheelchair users stuck indoors because they cannot afford to charge their chairs, staff shortages everywhere, NHS on full alert and huge delays to ambulance times....

.......the Tories are fixated on the supposed threat to civilisation by trans people, and some imagined 'wokey cokey,' that stalks the land

While I can see good reason to want to distract from the huge failure/fck up the last three years have been, I cannot help but feel many do see such bogey men (?) as the greatest threat to the country
Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 16:08 - Jul 13 with 1395 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 15:57 - Jul 13 by HARRY10

There is a thought that it moght not need to be pit to the memebers, of there is a clear leader after a few knockout rounds

One is acclaimed PM, and 2nd place gets the job of their choosing - it is only for a year or so anyway

Otherwise it is a measure of how far things have fallen, that as we are faced with a rising cost of living, chaos at our ports/airports, industrial action right across the board in response to wage&conditions cut, wheelchair users stuck indoors because they cannot afford to charge their chairs, staff shortages everywhere, NHS on full alert and huge delays to ambulance times....

.......the Tories are fixated on the supposed threat to civilisation by trans people, and some imagined 'wokey cokey,' that stalks the land

While I can see good reason to want to distract from the huge failure/fck up the last three years have been, I cannot help but feel many do see such bogey men (?) as the greatest threat to the country

Beware the Jabberwoke, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 16:13 - Jul 13 with 1373 viewsMullet

It's like picking how you want to die painfully isn't it? There isn't a candidate there who isn't a spectacularly awful bag of meat propped up by incoherent nationalism and nostalgia.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 16:29 - Jul 13 with 1271 viewsHARRY10

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 16:13 - Jul 13 by Mullet

It's like picking how you want to die painfully isn't it? There isn't a candidate there who isn't a spectacularly awful bag of meat propped up by incoherent nationalism and nostalgia.

The question is how much is down to the need to pander to the bigots, and how much is their personal views
Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 17:03 - Jul 13 with 1193 viewsElderGrizzly

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 15:21 - Jul 13 by GlasgowBlue

I thought Gove stabbed Johnson with the Theresa May election? Saying he wasn't fit for leader etc?
Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 17:51 - Jul 13 with 1045 viewsfactual_blue

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:40 - Jul 13 by MattinLondon

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 17:56 - Jul 13 with 1025 viewsKeno

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 17:51 - Jul 13 by factual_blue

*ahem**

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 18:10 - Jul 13 with 980 viewsfactual_blue

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 17:56 - Jul 13 by Keno

*ahem**

Nasty cough, Mr K. I hope it's not Covid.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 18:12 - Jul 13 with 979 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 17:03 - Jul 13 by ElderGrizzly

I thought Gove stabbed Johnson with the Theresa May election? Saying he wasn't fit for leader etc?

Yeas. That was in 2016. He was right as well.

in 2019 Gove looked like making the top 2 alongside Johnson. Johnson was terrified of facing Gove in a two horse race. He knew he had more than enough votes in the bag to make the top two so his whips got a few of his supporters to vote for Hunt in order to keep Gove out of the run off.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 19:07 - Jul 13 with 874 viewsPlums

Mordaunt now clear favourite amongst Tory Members on 14:39 - Jul 13 by ElderGrizzly

Peston was just saying Sunak is so far ahead in pledged votes in Round 1, some of his supporters will lend votes to weaker candidates to ensure they stay in.

At their peril.
Do you remember when Labour did that and the joke candidate ended up as leader?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024