Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - APRIL 2023 09:55 - Feb 13 with 89564 viewschicoazul

What's your personal highlight of the Banter Era?
For me, the way Delaney told Jewell he was off to live in New York and needed to be let go, and then turned up at Palace a month or so later and enjoyed a promotion and a long career in the top flight.
I also like very much the fact Jewell signed Ingimarsson (sp) simply because they were at the same resort on holiday at the same time and Ingi did of course turn out to be an absolute knacker of a player.
Also the gangsters arriving at Playford Rd looking for Chopra.
What are yours?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 9:47]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:52 - Feb 13 with 8313 viewschicoazul

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:01 - Feb 13 by Steve_M

Evans doing an interview and everything being ok, despite it very obviously not being ok.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:53 - Feb 13 with 8319 viewsKieran_Knows

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:47 - Feb 13 by BlueBadger

People insisting that a hard fought 1-1 away to Norwich was a worse result than a toothless 3-0 defeat.

A hard fought 1-1 draw? We took the lead in the 89th minute (or whatever it was), on course for our first win over our rivals in 9 years, MM then proceeds to tell us to f*ck off in his own celebrations, then we conceded a c*ck up of a goal in the 95th minute?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:55 - Feb 13 with 8307 viewsReuser_is_God

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:50 - Feb 13 by Garv

I'd not be surprised if that thought has only been conjured up in your own head.

Yeah no one has said it's a better result because it's just not.

A loss is worse than a draw, that's a fact, so you'd think someone who is intelligent enough to save lives would also be intelligent enough to realise this.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:55 - Feb 13 with 8309 viewsTractorCam

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:53 - Feb 13 by Kieran_Knows

A hard fought 1-1 draw? We took the lead in the 89th minute (or whatever it was), on course for our first win over our rivals in 9 years, MM then proceeds to tell us to f*ck off in his own celebrations, then we conceded a c*ck up of a goal in the 95th minute?

With both teams being equal and us look set to win for the first time in 9 years.

This game nobody expected us to get anything out of and we actually played quite well up until the second. Different meanings but I was a lot more annoyed leaving Carrow Road last season.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 11:55]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:56 - Feb 13 with 8296 viewsReuser_is_God

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:55 - Feb 13 by TractorCam

With both teams being equal and us look set to win for the first time in 9 years.

This game nobody expected us to get anything out of and we actually played quite well up until the second. Different meanings but I was a lot more annoyed leaving Carrow Road last season.

Worse result this year? Yes, absolutely.

Worse feeling coming away from the game? Absolutely not.

Evans out

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:58 - Feb 13 with 8292 viewsKieran_Knows

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:55 - Feb 13 by TractorCam

Let's not also forget, our World Cup left back c*cked up what was a 10 yard pass to McGoldrick to seal a 2-0 win, but hey, it was a hard fought draw.

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:58 - Feb 13 with 8287 viewsKieran_Knows

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:56 - Feb 13 by Reuser_is_God

Worse result this year? Yes, absolutely.

Worse feeling coming away from the game? Absolutely not.

Yes, big difference. But I don't expect BlueBadger to understand that.

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:59 - Feb 13 with 8287 viewsthorpedo

Letting millions of pounds worth of players leave for nothing (McAuley, Leadbitter, etc) because we wouldn't negotiate new contracts with them before they expired. This was a two-fold error - Keane said he wanted to "keep them hungry", but Clegg/Evans should have gone above him and protected the clubs assets. Criminal mismanagement all round.

Thorpedo

Login to get fewer ads

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:59 - Feb 13 with 8281 viewsReuser_is_God

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:58 - Feb 13 by Kieran_Knows

Let's not also forget, our World Cup left back c*cked up what was a 10 yard pass to McGoldrick to seal a 2-0 win, but hey, it was a hard fought draw.

LOL - horrendous that was.

Evans out

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:00 - Feb 13 with 8280 viewsTractorCam

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:58 - Feb 13 by Kieran_Knows

I completely forgot about that until someone said it on here last week, makes me sick how easy that pass was.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:05 - Feb 13 with 8275 viewsBluebell

Some of the daubed bed sheets that have been shown at games have been somewhat embarrassing. Someone has mentioned the Brighton one but there have been many others!

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:08 - Feb 13 with 8260 viewsEastTownBlue

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:42 - Feb 13 by BlueBadger

The EADT campaigning vociferously for Magilton to leave then saying nothing when it was apparent that Keane was a far, far, far worse replacement.

DDD was certainly a Magilton outer but he wasn't at the EADT by the time of Keane's sacking.

Was the editor Terry Hunt also in favour of the sacking Magilton as well ? Think he was.
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:08 - Feb 13 with 8257 viewschicoazul

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 11:59 - Feb 13 by thorpedo

Letting millions of pounds worth of players leave for nothing (McAuley, Leadbitter, etc) because we wouldn't negotiate new contracts with them before they expired. This was a two-fold error - Keane said he wanted to "keep them hungry", but Clegg/Evans should have gone above him and protected the clubs assets. Criminal mismanagement all round.

This is an excellent one, and the club still havent learned from it for e.g. Knudsen.

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:10 - Feb 13 with 8252 viewsChampionship

Failing to replace Murphy and pretending Best was his replacement

Lincoln, home and especially away

Piotr Malarczyk

Signing random trialists and the likes of Coke just to pad the squad with numbers

Veliče Šumulikoski, the Macedonian Gerrard

"We need Darren Ferguson"

Selling Rhodes

Selling Moore as soon as he showed any sort of promise. We couldn't hit the cash out button soon enough and that really sums us up.

Evans and his 'investment plan'

The fan base convincing themselves of things which clearly weren't true. Parr an upgrade on Mings etc.

Hurst. Everything about this toxic melt midget.

Donacien. Couldn't have scripted it to be more of a fck up.
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:27 - Feb 13 with 8205 viewsSuperblue95

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:10 - Feb 13 by Championship

Failing to replace Murphy and pretending Best was his replacement

Lincoln, home and especially away

Piotr Malarczyk

Signing random trialists and the likes of Coke just to pad the squad with numbers

Veliče Šumulikoski, the Macedonian Gerrard

"We need Darren Ferguson"

Selling Rhodes

Selling Moore as soon as he showed any sort of promise. We couldn't hit the cash out button soon enough and that really sums us up.

Evans and his 'investment plan'

The fan base convincing themselves of things which clearly weren't true. Parr an upgrade on Mings etc.

Hurst. Everything about this toxic melt midget.

Donacien. Couldn't have scripted it to be more of a fck up.

With regards the Daryl Murphy/Leon Best situation the best part was throwing Best the number 9 shirt in a desperate bid to act like he was all we wanted when we realised nobody else would sign.

Then the bloke on BBC Suffolk shortly after Best signed describing him as “f*cking sh1t” live on air

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:40 - Feb 13 with 8172 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:19 - Feb 13 by chicoazul

Peterboro related; when Paul Taylor cried off playing because of a toothache and was photographed going home with a huge cup of Coke and a large Subway.

He didn’t cry off, he was dropped from the squad for Paul Green who we signed earlier that morning

A prominent poster on here continued to insist that he did have toothache, and it was a huge coincidence that this had happened on the day that a new signing had been included in the squad

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:41 - Feb 13 with 8165 viewschicoazul

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:40 - Feb 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He didn’t cry off, he was dropped from the squad for Paul Green who we signed earlier that morning

A prominent poster on here continued to insist that he did have toothache, and it was a huge coincidence that this had happened on the day that a new signing had been included in the squad

Ah thank you! That was Jerseys, right?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:42 - Feb 13 with 8169 viewsmonty_radio

Many of us recognising the comic potential of Kieffer Moore.

Almost none of us recognising the footballer that was Kieffer Moore.

So many of us considering that Rotherham Kieffer Moore was a flash in the pan that needed capitalising on.

Some of us dreaming that Barnsley might have loaned us Kieffer Moore as an answer to goal-drought.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:49 - Feb 13 with 8136 viewsIllinoisblue

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:01 - Feb 13 by itfcjoe

Donacien transfer is brilliant

The highest paid player to ever appear in the Lancashire Pub Cup or whatever it was Accrington were playing in the other day.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:53 - Feb 13 with 8131 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Great thread. Everything mentioned so far plus:

“Listen, sometimes to go long term you have to go short term”

In keeping with the above, 14 loans in one season in 2012/13

Delaney being released leaving us with one fit permanent centre back

Loaning players from such luminaries as Peterborough, Southend, Millwall and Accrington

Zeki Fryers looking like a competition winner at Huddersfield

Freddie Veseli looking miles out of his depth, getting released, then going onto become a Serie A regular and appear in a major international championship

Our manager getting sent off against his former club in the derby, much to the hilarity of their fans

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:54 - Feb 13 with 8121 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:41 - Feb 13 by chicoazul

Ah thank you! That was Jerseys, right?

Of course

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:58 - Feb 13 with 8116 viewsSteve_M

How have we missed Evans' 'Five Point Plan' here?

Definitely a real plan and not just a lame attempt to placate fans.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:59 - Feb 13 with 8113 viewsRobTheMonk

Oh my word, I just remember that we had Bilel Moshni for a while hahahahaha.
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 13:04 - Feb 13 with 8103 viewsTractorWood

I enjoyed the sizable period where MM signed a load of wingers, didn't play them, complained that we needed more wingers so signed a load more wingers he didn't play (Stewart, Henshall, Rowe, Dylan Connolly, Larsen Toure & Oar just of the top of the head). It's peanuts to the chaos at the moment but was still strange.

Also Larsen Toure throwing his shirt into the crowd at Doncaster away to only need it back for extra time.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Gareth...... on 13:06 - Feb 13 with 8081 viewsBloots

.....McAwful.

Oh how we laughed.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024