Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunday Dilemma 19:06 - Aug 30 with 1311 viewstomo

Coming from Brighton to the game on Sunday, do I...

A- Drive what will probably be a 6 hour round trip. I get to enjoy the comfort of my own car, smoke a couple of tabs on the way and leave at around 8am. Will cost about 30 quid in fuel and a tenner on grub but it means not drinking.

B - Get the train. 6am start, 3 changes including a bus and about 50 quid return. However I do get to drink, although this will generally involve an extra £100 being spent.

Swinging more towards B but the thought of sobering up on the journey home if we lose is nagging away at me.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Sunday Dilemma on 20:14 - Aug 30 with 1229 viewsDurovigutum

Aren't Southern affected by some track work near Gatwick?

With the train Sunday service I suspect you'd be sober once home with a train induced headache, I'd drive and save the beers for hometime.
Sunday Dilemma on 20:54 - Aug 30 with 1193 viewsEly_Blue

Surely it’s a maximum 90 minutes round trip if you choose the preferred parking option of Gatwick?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Sunday Dilemma on 21:25 - Aug 30 with 1161 viewstomo

Sunday Dilemma on 20:14 - Aug 30 by Durovigutum

Aren't Southern affected by some track work near Gatwick?

With the train Sunday service I suspect you'd be sober once home with a train induced headache, I'd drive and save the beers for hometime.

Brighton to London Bridge looks fine. Feck it I’m getting the train, I know will fancy a beer on Sunday.
Sunday Dilemma on 22:27 - Aug 30 with 1096 viewsfloridablue

Sunday Dilemma on 21:25 - Aug 30 by tomo

Brighton to London Bridge looks fine. Feck it I’m getting the train, I know will fancy a beer on Sunday.

Good decision, you know it makes sense!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024