Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Swan 21:30 - Dec 19 with 4809 viewsclive_baker

Still on the market I see.

Free of tie lease. Nil Premium. Surely one of you lot will take this over won't you? Used to like drinking in there, good music pub.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The Swan on 21:32 - Dec 19 with 4387 viewsfactual_blue

Anybody who takes a pub on these days wants their hands (and heads ) examining.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 23:37]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The Swan on 21:35 - Dec 19 with 4374 viewsclive_baker

The Swan on 21:32 - Dec 19 by factual_blue

Depends. I know a couple of people who are doing incredibly well from the industry, but then they know what they're doing and they've both built reputations for excellent food, pubs in affluent and densely populated areas with next to no competition. I would agree when it comes to a wholly wet trade, spit and sawdust, 'boozer' proposition.

The Swan on 21:37 - Dec 19 with 4359 viewsfactual_blue

The Swan on 21:35 - Dec 19 by clive_baker

Depends. I know a couple of people who are doing incredibly well from the industry, but then they know what they're doing and they've both built reputations for excellent food, pubs in affluent and densely populated areas with next to no competition. I would agree when it comes to a wholly wet trade, spit and sawdust, 'boozer' proposition.

One could argue they're running restaurants that look like pubs.

I've family in the trade, so I know what it's like.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The Swan on 21:43 - Dec 19 with 4332 viewsclive_baker

The Swan on 21:37 - Dec 19 by factual_blue

They're definitely pubs. One is making very healthy profits. I gave him some pro bono accounting advice so I've seen his financials. I know it's a very different story for the vast majority of pubs though.

I'll put you down as a maybe.

The Swan on 21:49 - Dec 19 with 4303 viewsBigeze

I know a couple of guys already running a bar nearby and took a look. Let’s just say it needs a lot of work structurally = money pit
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 21:49]
The Swan on 21:50 - Dec 19 with 4280 viewsBLUEBEAT

Black Shuck club house when they move from MCC to MC

Poll: W or W

The Swan on 21:51 - Dec 19 with 4277 viewsHerbivore

The Swan on 21:32 - Dec 19 by factual_blue

It really depends. Loads of new/revamped pubs flourish in Norwich.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Swan on 22:08 - Dec 19 with 4222 viewsBluespeed225

Three Wise Monkeys is packing em' in, granted its new and people have a look, but varied music policy, lots of beers, clean karzis.
new look Halberd is plush, good outside area.
Login to get fewer ads

The Swan on 22:23 - Dec 19 with 4173 viewsBloomBlue

It would make a nice building for a new Starbucks
The Swan on 22:58 - Dec 19 with 4104 viewsbournemouthblue

TWTD crowd funded purchase

Make it happen

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The Swanit on 05:19 - Dec 20 with 3973 viewsBenters2

In it’s time it was a very decent pre match pub.

It’s in a excellent position,but then so is the Golden Lion,when a spoons closes you know something is wrong.

Still now there is the Arcade for the cool kids and Mannings for the pissheads,which is nice.
The Swan on 08:32 - Dec 20 with 3884 viewsartsbossbeard

Decent pub finally let down by sticky carpets and even stickier places to lean on.

It's a shame. I too have heard that the work to get the place in some sort of order would be immense and the costs substantial.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The Swan on 08:35 - Dec 20 with 3873 viewsitfcjoe

The Swan on 08:32 - Dec 20 by artsbossbeard

Decent pub finally let down by sticky carpets and even stickier places to lean on.

It's a shame. I too have heard that the work to get the place in some sort of order would be immense and the costs substantial.

As a pub refurber, to get it looking sparkly and new will be a fortune in reality. But bigger spends are being made on pubs throughout the town/county by big breweries at the moment so i wouldn't be surprised if someone takes a punt on it soon.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Swan on 08:38 - Dec 20 with 3865 viewsartsbossbeard

The Swan on 08:35 - Dec 20 by itfcjoe

As a pub refurber, to get it looking sparkly and new will be a fortune in reality. But bigger spends are being made on pubs throughout the town/county by big breweries at the moment so i wouldn't be surprised if someone takes a punt on it soon.

I popped in The Halberd last weekend, that looks really decent - a lot more "lighter" inside.

I didn't notice but are they serving food there??

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The Swan on 08:41 - Dec 20 with 3832 viewsitfcjoe

The Swan on 08:38 - Dec 20 by artsbossbeard

I popped in The Halberd last weekend, that looks really decent - a lot more "lighter" inside.

I didn't notice but are they serving food there??

There is a menu, but it is your typical pub grub - think it is a sports bar menu.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Swan on 08:52 - Dec 20 with 3791 viewsTIB

I went into Three Wise Monkeys before and after the game Saturday. Really strong drink selection and the food was good...also quite liked the atmosphere. I do think that place may give some other establishments a run for their money going forwards.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

The Swan on 09:04 - Dec 20 with 3755 viewswkj

The Swan on 08:52 - Dec 20 by TIB

I went into Three Wise Monkeys before and after the game Saturday. Really strong drink selection and the food was good...also quite liked the atmosphere. I do think that place may give some other establishments a run for their money going forwards.

We should start a kitty and all throw in as a consortium to buy it. Well put TIBs topples on tap; have a vegan kitchen and area and a non vegan area; gammon specials for the brexiteers and snowflake ice cream for libtards.

Gav can be the bouncer; EricClacton the DJ; J2 as the weird bird that sells locks of lavender for a fiver; Spruce can do the freshen up malarkey and dolly vs rocks as boxing entertainment

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The Swan on 09:06 - Dec 20 with 3740 viewsTIB

The Swan on 09:04 - Dec 20 by wkj

We should start a kitty and all throw in as a consortium to buy it. Well put TIBs topples on tap; have a vegan kitchen and area and a non vegan area; gammon specials for the brexiteers and snowflake ice cream for libtards.

Gav can be the bouncer; EricClacton the DJ; J2 as the weird bird that sells locks of lavender for a fiver; Spruce can do the freshen up malarkey and dolly vs rocks as boxing entertainment

I'm in

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

The Swan on 09:07 - Dec 20 with 3740 viewsKieran_Knows

The Swan on 08:52 - Dec 20 by TIB

Indeed. I went in there the other week and was quite impressed by the place. Will try pop in again over the Xmas period.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The Swan on 11:12 - Dec 20 with 3622 viewsTractorWood

The Swan on 21:37 - Dec 19 by factual_blue

This. Are the Pykkerell and Greyhound still going?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The Swan on 11:28 - Dec 20 with 3607 viewsJ2BLUE

I'd love a go at running a pub. The industry may be in trouble but it's like anything else, if it's good enough people will come.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Swan on 16:47 - Dec 20 with 3505 viewscatch74

The Swan on 11:28 - Dec 20 by J2BLUE

I'd love a go at running a pub. The industry may be in trouble but it's like anything else, if it's good enough people will come.

Plus it’s free of tie, so you’ve got a head start on a lot of the others.
Music is really hard to make successful - your sales need a boost x5 of what the musicians get to make a gig worthwhile.

The Swan would be tempting for me if I wasn’t settled here. It’s only a stones throw from the old family brewery!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

The Swan on 18:30 - Dec 20 with 3451 viewsBackToRussia

The Swan on 16:47 - Dec 20 by catch74

Plus it’s free of tie, so you’ve got a head start on a lot of the others.
Music is really hard to make successful - your sales need a boost x5 of what the musicians get to make a gig worthwhile.

The Swan would be tempting for me if I wasn’t settled here. It’s only a stones throw from the old family brewery!

where's the family brewery catch?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

The Swan on 19:14 - Dec 20 with 3416 viewsHerbivore

The Swan on 18:30 - Dec 20 by BackToRussia

where's the family brewery catch?

Near the Swan.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Swan on 20:26 - Dec 20 with 3371 viewsclive_baker

The Swan on 22:58 - Dec 19 by bournemouthblue

TWTD crowd funded purchase

Make it happen

Alright. If 1,000 town fans are willing to chuck in £100 we can get the wheels in motion.

Your £100 contribution gets you a Platinum Card. 10% off beer & food for the duration of the tenancy and 20% off pre match drinks on ITFC 1st team match days.

Who’s in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024