Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester fans being called out by their own players 21:06 - Dec 5 with 9780 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

For booing taking the knee. Callum Harriott tweeting about it. Some fairly disgraceful reactions to it today from some very simple and backwards creatures. I’m sure this won’t happen at Portman road, right ?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Colchester fans being called out by their own players on 08:26 - Dec 7 with 635 viewsitfcjoe

Colchester fans being called out by their own players on 11:06 - Dec 6 by Dubtractor

George Eustice says we should respect the booing fans.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/06/millwall-fans-who-booed-players-ta

WTF has happened to this country?

Maybe Millwall fans should read this, before spouting bo11ocks about Marxism:

Mahlon Romeo, a Millwall player who was on the pitch during the incident, said that he felt disrespected by the incident, saying: “I’m almost lost for words. I don’t know how they thought that would make me feel. I don’t know what they thought taking a knee stood for. But I think I’ve explained it simply enough. I feel really low - probably the lowest I’ve felt in my time at this club.”

We knew it was coming having looked at the message board, people using intellectual dishonesty to try and protect them are just as bad as the knuckle dragging racists, and that's what they are. We've all been to Millwall, we know what they are - same as Chelsea.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Colchester fans being called out by their own players on 08:30 - Dec 7 with 632 viewsitfcjoe

Colchester fans being called out by their own players on 06:11 - Dec 7 by IPS_wich

I'm really struggling to understand the ignorance of people on this - unless they are unashamedly racist (which in some odd way I respect more than the prevaricating 'politics and sport shouldn't mix' lot).

And to see some are saying 'enough already' to it - like doing this a few times in front of an empty stadium and a couple of thousand people on iFollow means that everything is now all right.

I wish there was an organised way that crowds could audibly show their solidarity to the BLM movement when the players take the knee.

It was clapped at the Spurs and Arsenal game

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Colchester fans being called out by their own players on 08:41 - Dec 7 with 620 viewsSuperblue95

Colchester fans being called out by their own players on 10:51 - Dec 6 by woiii

The only reason that BLM and the whole protest following the death of George Floyd got any media attention was because 95% of the US media desperately wanted Trump out of office. It might sound cynical, but BLM won't get any particular attention now and the US police can go back to shooting black men without it being reported. Take the knee must stop soon, otherwise it will be an admission that things are no better without Trump.

Nutjob

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Colchester fans being called out by their own players on 09:37 - Dec 7 with 596 viewsnoggin

Colchester fans being called out by their own players on 08:30 - Dec 7 by itfcjoe

It was clapped at the Spurs and Arsenal game

That would be a way to show support and 'mug off' Millwall fans. Hopefully those attending the Pompey game can clap loudly.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Colchester fans being called out by their own players on 09:42 - Dec 7 with 592 viewsPassionNotAnger

As a Colchester fan I was disgusted by the idiots who boo'd (very few in number thankfully) as they are either stupid or racist (possibly both)

Anyone - for those that can be bothered to read it - an excellent (IMO) statement from the Chairman explaining why taking the knee is important and why Col U support it and that those who can't at least stay silent should stay away and he'll refund their ST's if they want

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/december/club-statement/

Thankfully shows some positive leadership on the issue and whilst it won't educate most of those who aren't capable or interested in learning, it does give assurance too right minded individuals that they are on the right side of any debate.
Colchester fans being called out by their own players on 10:29 - Dec 7 with 555 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Colchester fans being called out by their own players on 09:42 - Dec 7 by PassionNotAnger

As a Colchester fan I was disgusted by the idiots who boo'd (very few in number thankfully) as they are either stupid or racist (possibly both)

Anyone - for those that can be bothered to read it - an excellent (IMO) statement from the Chairman explaining why taking the knee is important and why Col U support it and that those who can't at least stay silent should stay away and he'll refund their ST's if they want

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/december/club-statement/

Thankfully shows some positive leadership on the issue and whilst it won't educate most of those who aren't capable or interested in learning, it does give assurance too right minded individuals that they are on the right side of any debate.

Agreed, excellent statement.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Colchester fans being called out by their own players on 11:43 - Dec 7 with 513 viewsRyorry

Colchester fans being called out by their own players on 06:11 - Dec 7 by IPS_wich

I'm really struggling to understand the ignorance of people on this - unless they are unashamedly racist (which in some odd way I respect more than the prevaricating 'politics and sport shouldn't mix' lot).

And to see some are saying 'enough already' to it - like doing this a few times in front of an empty stadium and a couple of thousand people on iFollow means that everything is now all right.

I wish there was an organised way that crowds could audibly show their solidarity to the BLM movement when the players take the knee.

I think we on here are are spoiled/lucky/tend to take it for granted that this really is a great space in which to get educated about various aspects of life which we don't necessarily encounter in our own real lives.

Here in rural North Yorkshire e.g., BAME residents are very few and far between (maybe like rural Suffolk/Norfolk?), so unless you happen to have BAME friends from your past life in other locations, who you have discussions with on such matters & also go out of your way to search out understanding of the issues, you're going to get fed by both the msm & sm of your choice - which may do no more than confirm the misunderstandings/prejudices.

I wouldn't have had anything like the understanding that I do now of the BLM movement if I hadn't been a regular reader/poster on this site - hands up, I'd formerly been one of the "but surely all lives matter?" brigade - so well done TWTD, thank you for the free education!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024