Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are people missing the fact that this is about the 'sport' showing 11:54 - Sep 9 with 6728 viewshomer_123

respect?

It's not about individual fans.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Are people missing the fact that this is about the 'sport' showing on 14:12 - Sep 11 with 468 viewsPassionNotAnger

Are people missing the fact that this is about the 'sport' showing on 13:18 - Sep 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

LOL, a downarrow but no response.

You really are quite needy and intent on try to always “win” aren’t you?

I will respond and then leave you to it, as I can’t be bothered especially given I’ve already said I wouldn’t have postponed the games but I just find it so petty that people need to take sides and argue the point on seemingly every subject

Point 1: What some people say on social media isn’t necessarily a true indicator of the general populations view, especially given most (not all) people tend to view groups or forums with those they already share some form of common interest or connection. Nobody really knows what the majority feel, many of the older generation are staunch monarchist and that demographic tend not to be significantly represented on social media

Point 2: "We celebrate the value of sport as a means of bringing people together" not sure what you think that quote has to do with what the queen may have wanted in the event of her death? And I believe the official line from the Palace was that there was no “need” to cancel sports (which I agree with) but there was no direction either way

Point 3: I but it wasn’t that posters decision, but because they don’t disagree with it (or agree with you) you want to create yet another argument and division?

As I said, I’ve given you the courtesy of a response you clearly crave but I won’t engage further as you don’t every taken on alternative views so I will bid you a good afternoon.
Are people missing the fact that this is about the 'sport' showing on 18:36 - Sep 11 with 390 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Are people missing the fact that this is about the 'sport' showing on 13:55 - Sep 11 by WeWereZombies

Point 1: Many people never joined in the anti social media charade so looking on FaceBook and Twitter is no way to find a majority view (and that is before we discuss the age old question of the tyranny of the majority...) And aren't people deserting that media in droves anyway ? You can try and change reality with opinion but if you try and live your life as reality doesn't exist then some damage is likely to occur.

That was just an example off the top of my head. Lots of media stories about it, and people I've spoken to IRL think it's a bit bonkers the football is off while other sports go ahead.

Perhaps not scientific, but I'm pretty comfortable in my view that most see the postponement as unnecessary, without the need for a referendum.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Are people missing the fact that this is about the 'sport' showing on 21:08 - Sep 11 with 345 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Are people missing the fact that this is about the 'sport' showing on 14:12 - Sep 11 by PassionNotAnger

You really are quite needy and intent on try to always “win” aren’t you?

I will respond and then leave you to it, as I can’t be bothered especially given I’ve already said I wouldn’t have postponed the games but I just find it so petty that people need to take sides and argue the point on seemingly every subject

Point 1: What some people say on social media isn’t necessarily a true indicator of the general populations view, especially given most (not all) people tend to view groups or forums with those they already share some form of common interest or connection. Nobody really knows what the majority feel, many of the older generation are staunch monarchist and that demographic tend not to be significantly represented on social media

Point 2: "We celebrate the value of sport as a means of bringing people together" not sure what you think that quote has to do with what the queen may have wanted in the event of her death? And I believe the official line from the Palace was that there was no “need” to cancel sports (which I agree with) but there was no direction either way

Point 3: I but it wasn’t that posters decision, but because they don’t disagree with it (or agree with you) you want to create yet another argument and division?

As I said, I’ve given you the courtesy of a response you clearly crave but I won’t engage further as you don’t every taken on alternative views so I will bid you a good afternoon.

Not needy, just if someone comes on to have a go at something I've said and I respond, I expect them to come back with a coherent argument rather than just a downarrow, which is the debating equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears.

Another classic version of that is to say 'this is all I'm going to say and aren't interested in a debate.' So you want to have your say and no comeback basically.

And it's so interesting that you accuse me of wanting to "create yet another argument and division" - when it was you who came into this conversation to have a pop at me. Unbelievable!

Seems to me you want your view - and the person I replied to - said and not challenged. You want people to accept your view as correct and that's that, no debate.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Are people missing the fact that this is about the 'sport' showing on 22:23 - Sep 11 with 309 viewsBigCommon

Are people missing the fact that this is about the 'sport' showing on 10:05 - Sep 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

There are a lot more who aren't in favour of this decision than are. So why should we tolerate the minority rather than them tolerate the majority who want to carry on as usual (whilst also paying their respects)?

Your argument is without logic. It's not even what the queen would have wanted and/or what the royals sanctioned. I'm flabbergasted that people are defending this ludicrous decision (whilst many other sports went ahead).

Think it just depends which bubble you live in. I don't know anyone, personally that minds this weekends games being postponed. But most people I know are a bit older, like me, 50 plus years old. So I'm guessing we probably have more affinity with the Queen than some younger people. And have probably experienced more demanding situations along the road, than missing a game of football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024