Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) 20:41 - Jun 20 with 1736 viewsBluefish

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 20:43 - Jun 20 with 1324 viewsSpruceMoose

It's simple.

So long as the people they dislike are being hurt at a level they approve of, everything else is fair game and can either be ignored, justified or sneered at.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 20:43 - Jun 20 with 1321 viewsvapour_trail

That’s been the spend on testing as well right?

How many tests have there been to date?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 20:44 - Jun 20 with 1315 viewsvapour_trail

And btw, people who say gammon = people who say woke.

Bellends all.

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 20:49 - Jun 20 with 1286 viewsBlueBadger

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 20:43 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

It's simple.

So long as the people they dislike are being hurt at a level they approve of, everything else is fair game and can either be ignored, justified or sneered at.

What I don't get is how they're cool with a Tory party donor being handed more than twice the annual policing budget for the UK.
https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk/2020/01/22/factsheet-police-funding-settleme

Key phrase: 'The Government is proposing a total settlement for the policing system of up to £15.2 billion in 2020/21, which is an increase of up to £1,121 million compared to 2019/20. This includes:

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 20:49 - Jun 20 with 1284 viewsBlueBadger

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 20:44 - Jun 20 by vapour_trail

Bellends all.

'Fine people on both sides', eh?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 20:51 - Jun 20 with 1281 viewshomer_123

Are you gunning for chrismakin's title?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 21:17 - Jun 20 with 1227 viewsFixed_It

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 20:51 - Jun 20 by homer_123

What's a man to do when both Lambert and Edwards have gone?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:19 - Jun 20 with 1219 viewsFixed_It

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 21:21 - Jun 20 with 1214 viewscatch74

Makin bacon.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 21:24 - Jun 20 with 1198 views26_Paz

Third time unlucky

The Paz Man

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 21:28 - Jun 20 with 1184 viewsSpruceMoose

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 21:24 - Jun 20 by 26_Paz

Third time unlucky

All just a laugh to you and Pauline eh?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 21:28 - Jun 20 with 1185 viewsBluefish

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 21:24 - Jun 20 by 26_Paz

Third time unlucky

Big catches every time. I'm taking home the match ball

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 21:28 - Jun 20 with 1183 viewsvapour_trail

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 20:49 - Jun 20 by BlueBadger

'Fine people on both sides', eh?

The absolute opposite actually.

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 21:29 - Jun 20 with 1172 viewsvapour_trail

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 20:44 - Jun 20 by vapour_trail

Bellends all.

ROFL at the simpleton who’s reported abuse, apart from the fact they’ve completely wasted Phil’s time.

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 21:34 - Jun 20 with 1151 viewsbazza

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 21:29 - Jun 20 by vapour_trail

ROFL at the simpleton who’s reported abuse, apart from the fact they’ve completely wasted Phil’s time.

Must of hit a raw nerve.
Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 21:39 - Jun 20 with 1119 viewsJ2BLUE

Bellends all.

+1

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 21:46 - Jun 20 with 1100 viewsSpruceMoose

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 21:39 - Jun 20 by J2BLUE

+1

Do you honestly think that's the case though? The whole idea of a Gammon is someone who resist changes, desperately tries to keep themself at the top of the tree, and who looks down on others who attempt to move the needle in the direction of people who aren't already at the top of the tree

I don't know what to say to you if you think what the right have defined as 'wokeness' is the equiv of that. It's lazy thinking. Clearly there's a discussion to be had about a minority of those on the extreme left, but what is currently bring demonised as wokeness is actually just trying to treat people decently.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 21:53]

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 22:00 - Jun 20 with 1057 viewsIllinoisblue

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 21:28 - Jun 20 by Bluefish

Big catches every time. I'm taking home the match ball

Nah. As with your football posts, any valid point you might make is rendered null and void by you being a ridiculous troll/tool. You’ll grow up one day.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 22:12 - Jun 20 with 1025 viewsBlueBadger

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 21:34 - Jun 20 by bazza

Must of hit a raw nerve.

What exactly about open corruption, waste and incompetence pleases you, Baz?

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 22:21 - Jun 20 with 992 views26_Paz

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 22:12 - Jun 20 by BlueBadger

I’m not sure it’s the subject matter that’s the real issue here. It’s the whole starting 3 threads on the same topic within the space of a few hours that’s maybe riled a few people.

The Paz Man

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 22:22 - Jun 20 with 986 viewsSpruceMoose

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 22:21 - Jun 20 by 26_Paz

I’m not sure it’s the subject matter that’s the real issue here. It’s the whole starting 3 threads on the same topic within the space of a few hours that’s maybe riled a few people.

June 20th 2021. The day when the Glasgow Swerve was surpassed by the Paz Pivot.

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 22:25 - Jun 20 with 976 viewsbazza

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 22:12 - Jun 20 by BlueBadger

None of it, I’ve not said anywhere that it does. If it is as you say, then people will hopefully be held to account. But making decisions during a global pandemic, I’m sure isn’t easy, and you’ve got to take big risks, and place a lot of trust in the advice your being given.
Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 22:26 - Jun 20 with 974 viewsPinewoodblue

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 20:43 - Jun 20 by vapour_trail

That’s been the spend on testing as well right?

How many tests have there been to date?

We are undertaking around 750,000 assorted tests a day. Privately you can easily pay £100 for a test; even if the average costs of tests is £35 you are talking about £9billion a year.

Frightening figure but way short of £37B

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 22:33 - Jun 20 with 946 viewsvapour_trail

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 22:26 - Jun 20 by Pinewoodblue

We are undertaking around 750,000 assorted tests a day. Privately you can easily pay £100 for a test; even if the average costs of tests is £35 you are talking about £9billion a year.

Frightening figure but way short of £37B

Cheers, I hadn’t heard that one answered anywhere.

I mean there’s no doubt track and trace is a mess, but the testing is, after some false starts, pretty monumental. We’ve had nine in my house over the past week for one reason and another.

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 22:49 - Jun 20 with 905 viewsjeera

Why do the gammon defend the 37 BILLION? (n/t) on 22:33 - Jun 20 by vapour_trail

Cheers, I hadn’t heard that one answered anywhere.

I mean there’s no doubt track and trace is a mess, but the testing is, after some false starts, pretty monumental. We’ve had nine in my house over the past week for one reason and another.

It is important to separate the two though.

Test and Trace hasn't been a success from Day 1.

Talk of operators sitting about with nothing to do; private firms being paid a fortune for virtually nothing, acting as and taking huge sums of money for being little more than agents.

A system that wouldn't load onto a great number of Smart phones...

That is a different set-up to the testing system itself and it does need investigating thoroughly.

For every million wasted through incompetence and/or wilful ignorance that is hard cash that could have been spent purposefully on projects that are in desperate need and yet readily overlooked, as you will no doubt know yourself from your own line of worthwhile expertise.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024