Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration 17:20 - Dec 9 with 1467 viewsNewsTWTD

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration 9th Dec 2021 17:16
Former Millwall and Cardiff boss Neil Harris is reported to be keen on the management vacancy at Portman Road. 92

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:23 - Dec 9 with 1437 viewsfergalsharkey

Please no.

If this happens I am done with it.

Poll: Cook out?

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:24 - Dec 9 with 1426 viewsLord_Lucan

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:23 - Dec 9 by fergalsharkey

Please no.

I'd rather have Rolf Harris

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:25 - Dec 9 with 1414 viewsbluefunk

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:23 - Dec 9 by fergalsharkey

Please no.

Perhaps you explain your specific objections to Harris
Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:27 - Dec 9 with 1389 viewsblueconscience

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:25 - Dec 9 by bluefunk

He is just an average league one manager, goes against the supposed ambitions of the new owners.

If this happens we will never get promoted.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:27 - Dec 9 with 1383 viewsChurchman

So they had a look at the bottom of the barrel, nothing there so moved it aside and dug around the green and grey stuff underneath.

If that’s the future, it means the owners are really not serious about doing something with the club.
Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:28 - Dec 9 with 1379 viewshype313

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:27 - Dec 9 by blueconscience

He is just an average league one manager, goes against the supposed ambitions of the new owners.

To be fair, we're an average league one club.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:30 - Dec 9 with 1358 viewsblueconscience

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:28 - Dec 9 by hype313

To be fair, we're an average league one club.

But the owners want better. It wont happen with managers like Harris

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:34 - Dec 9 with 1330 viewsbluefunk

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:27 - Dec 9 by blueconscience

How is he an average League one manager when he had 2 out of 2 play off seasons, won promotion and established his team in the Championship? That’s hardly average. Although if it is perhaps we should get an average manager in, he’ll do better than the stellar appointments we’ve had the last 5 times.
Login to get fewer ads

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:36 - Dec 9 with 1317 viewsblueconscience

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:34 - Dec 9 by bluefunk

How is he an average League one manager when he had 2 out of 2 play off seasons, won promotion and established his team in the Championship? That’s hardly average. Although if it is perhaps we should get an average manager in, he’ll do better than the stellar appointments we’ve had the last 5 times.

Because he has achieved nothing of note above league one.

Please explain why you would be happy with him being manager.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 17:37]

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:40 - Dec 9 with 1295 viewsLord_Lucan

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:25 - Dec 9 by bluefunk

For me it's two reasons

1/ He looks like someone I know

2/ I'm secretly hoping for someone like Jürgen Klinsmann

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:42 - Dec 9 with 1282 viewsbluefunk

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:36 - Dec 9 by blueconscience

I didn’t say I wanted him, I don’t really know anything much about him or any of the candidates, which I suspect is the case with most fans. His record in league one stand comparison with anyone, so he has a chance. I guess people are just manoeuvring to be right after our next manager doesn’t win the Champions League within 5 years
Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:43 - Dec 9 with 1271 viewsQuilterstown

Isn't he a poor man's Paul Cook?
Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:44 - Dec 9 with 1263 viewsblueconscience

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:43 - Dec 9 by Quilterstown

He is more like a poor mans Paul Jewell

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:47 - Dec 9 with 1243 viewsDavoIPB

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:43 - Dec 9 by Quilterstown

Yep. His win rate in the championship is less than 40%. Paul Cooks win rate with Ipswich is almost on a par.

If we hire him it would be a serious lack of ambition for this club. Not sure what players would think either.
Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 18:36 - Dec 9 with 1084 viewsSharkey

He was in the year above Lampard at school, I think. That surely counts for something .
Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 18:48 - Dec 9 with 1054 viewsDarth_Koont

Please no.

People said the same about Royle.

Where are they now?

Harris wouldn’t be an inspiring choice but who knows? There are so many moving parts and conundrums in our club that it’s massively difficult to predict who or what type of manager will succeed.

He’d get my support from the start.

Pronouns: He/Him

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 19:31 - Dec 9 with 934 viewsBluesky

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:27 - Dec 9 by Churchman

So they had a look at the bottom of the barrel, nothing there so moved it aside and dug around the green and grey stuff underneath.

If that’s the future, it means the owners are really not serious about doing something with the club.

Steady on. He may be "keen" but being 'under consideration' at this stage means no more than his name is on a (long?) list. Stay calm.
Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 19:33 - Dec 9 with 919 viewsChurchman

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 19:31 - Dec 9 by Bluesky

Steady on. He may be "keen" but being 'under consideration' at this stage means no more than his name is on a (long?) list. Stay calm.

I said ‘if’.
Whilst I'm not excited by Harris.... on 19:52 - Dec 9 with 867 viewsBloots

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:47 - Dec 9 by DavoIPB

Yep. His win rate in the championship is less than 40%. Paul Cooks win rate with Ipswich is almost on a par.

If we hire him it would be a serious lack of ambition for this club. Not sure what players would think either.

....let's get this correct.

Harris had a win percentage of 41.6% at Millwall and 38.7% at Cardiff.

Cook was at 29.5% here, in the 3rd division.

Hardly on a par.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 22:53 - Dec 9 with 663 viewsBluesky

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 19:33 - Dec 9 by Churchman

I said ‘if’.

Yes, but I don't want you to be upset unnecessarily
Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 00:38 - Dec 10 with 552 viewsChurchman

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 22:53 - Dec 9 by Bluesky

Yes, but I don't want you to be upset unnecessarily

Haha, ta 👍🏻. Tbh whoever gets the job will get my support. Jeez, I even supported Hurst until the proverbial sky fell in, even it was obvious by 31 Aug it was going down the proverbial.
Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 01:35 - Dec 10 with 520 viewstextbackup

Harris Believed to Be Keen and Under Consideration on 17:36 - Dec 9 by blueconscience

not sure you've noticed where we currently sit?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024